Sign in to follow this  
CriminalMinds

Grand Theft Auto V

Zy38256F96LX7eJqixL34vgXV.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and

surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer,

Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

Trailer:

A5KoaP16-TE

Please discuss! :)

Edited by CriminalMinds

If thats true, nice :)

That logo looks a bit oldschool ( dollar bill design)

I hope they keep it real to the frenchise though

I'm still hating on rocksatr from DRM/securom basically immobilizing my last game GTA4, and not sure if I can do another one, ive played them all (15% of the last one), San Andreas being my favourite... Currently cannot even finish red dead.

Edited by Katipo66

My bet is that it will be a bit more modern with focus on the cruel bussiness, wall street and companies such as goldmann & sachs. Propably things like corruption and greed for money. How about fighting those big companies? :D

Anyways, looking forward to that trailer

Edited by PurePassion

My bet is that it will be a bit more modern with focus on the cruel bussiness, wall street and companies such as goldmann & sachs. Propably things like corruption and greed for money. How about fighting those big companies? :D

Anyways, looking forward to that trailer

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, that's certainly what the significance of the 5 dollar bill style suggests to me. Perhaps it may be a new city too, something to do with power and money, like Washington. If this is the case I also imagine that the charachter we play will start off fairly powerful and affluent, sort of like Vice City.

Bit of a long shot of course, based on just that one image but Rockstar do load their clues with plenty of meaning.

I hope it will be some sort of san andreas concept, not just one city.

I still "miss" some place like the country side between Los Santos and Las Ventura. I mean I trully miss them like if it was a real place I've been to :p

I've also always dreamed of a "GTA police" where you'd play a more or less corrupted cop, à la The Shield

Oh well, pretty sure I'll be buying it, always been a fan of the GTA serie, even more since they choose to clearly aim a mature audience.

Can't wait for the trailer :bounce3:

Please be a East Coast Gangster shit game again like San Andreas!

Please be a East Coast Gangster shit game again like San Andreas!

Well, if they keep continuing their usual cycle we would be back in Vice City (Miami) again.

But maybe they will choose something completely different this time, you can also recycle the same places so often. :p

I would like to see

More weapons, Miniguns, flamethrowers, more rocket launchers (and higher ammo carrying capacity), smg's and a magnum.

more cheat codes and fun cheat codes Drunk all the time cheat code anybody?? :D

Better PC version that takes advantage of modern hardware

A jetpack

More customization when it comes to your character and clothing.

I wouldnt mind the Vice City locale.

I think that this will be interesting especially becuase .............

.. hang on ........

... sorry cant finish post, girlfriend called for some drinks and bowls.

I just wish that there will be a PC Version, and that they don´t fuck it up like with GTA 4

LA, Miami, New York... Don't yall think it's time for a real American setting like GTAV: Idaho Hills

-As an illegal, run from racial supremacists

-Win your girl over from her old beau/father

-Steal top O' line Pickup trucks

-Beat the bar rodeo bull sidequest

-Hunt

-Beer

Heck, I'd buy it.

I just wish that there will be a PC Version, and that they don´t fuck it up like with GTA 4
I agree on that, the release of GTAIV was awful for PC, sketchy badly drawn shadows, stuttering, >>> NO SUPPORT AA AT ALL <<<< It looked awful until hacks came out and then a shadow patch way over a year or more later, its only due to hacks I think we got AA support even now.

As always this will be console first so its interesting but then a little annoying knowing whats to come visually. The way they would win back from the last is full optimisation for PC on release (AA support for god sake & proper shadows) .. and they released to PC not long after console, which I highly doubt will happen anyway.

I am very interested to see the trailer to see how they have upped the graphics, recent hacks with graphics mods for IV look stunning and photo realistic, hope they have learned from the past.

Although off topic while this takes a long time to land on PC (which is why it doesn't amaze me as news) I really wish they would drop Red Dead Redemption to PC instead of LA Noire :(

Edited by mrcash2009

I'd love a Vice City or London setting :D

The dollar bill just rules out the latter, i guess :(

GTA 5: Beijing....

Play as Henry Kim, a amnesic american spy sent by the US to erase all records of their dept to China.

Torch fake Apple stores,help chinese hackers bypass chinese internet search filters and much, much more in this upcoming title.

Coming next year for XBOX, PS3, PS VITA and Wii U. PC is for nerds, lol xD !!!

I hope they don't screw it up like they did with GTA 4 (had a stupid rockstar club DRM thing and when there was a patch to remove it the game did not load 50% of the time)

I agree on that, the release of GTAIV was awful for PC, sketchy badly drawn shadows, stuttering, >>> NO SUPPORT AA AT ALL <<<< It looked awful until hacks came out and then a shadow patch way over a year or more later, its only due to hacks I think we got AA support even now.

As always this will be console first so its interesting but then a little annoying knowing whats to come visually. The way they would win back from the last is full optimisation for PC on release (AA support for god sake & proper shadows) .. and they released to PC not long after console, which I highly doubt will happen anyway.

I am very interested to see the trailer to see how they have upped the graphics, recent hacks with graphics mods for IV look stunning and photo realistic, hope they have learned from the past.

Although off topic while this takes a long time to land on PC (which is why it doesn't amaze me as news) I really wish they would drop Red Dead Redemption to PC instead of LA Noire :(

Yeah, tell me about it. I bought GTA 4 one day before Release, but couldn´t play it until the official Release. It was awfull. Everything looked so damn ugly and it was stuttering. I had a decent PC but couldn´t run the game at more then low to medium settings. (A PC that played Crysis on very high)

Luckily I wasn´t a ATI User at that time, they couldn´t play the game at all.

I think gta is more suited for console anyway? Ive never played one on console apart from red dead and think it's a chill on couch type of game

The only things I remember of GTA 4 are:

-Some weird stupid rockstar club account or DRM or something like that.

-incredibly low fps and visual artifacts.

-borrowed it to a friend after I dragged myself into the first 10 mins of gameplay and forgot to ask it back. He still has it! This actually reminded me to ask it back next time I see him.

But thats just my experience.. Maybe it was a good game. Maybe..

Edit:

Luckily I wasn´t a ATI User at that time, they couldn´t play the game at all.

Guess that was me, then. But I was too pissed off to wait or even look for a patch or something like this. How can you release a game in such a state? Nobody tried to run it with a ati video card before release? Are this guys game developer or what?

Bah, they wont get my money again. Not that they care, but still..

Actually I cant think of a game developer that deverves money. BI and Valve springs to mind.. Leaving alone indie developers. But I am more of a Hearts of Iron, Combat Mission, TOAW et similar guy, so I guess its just me.

Edited by Zoz

I agree I wont go out and buy on release, but for PC it will be a long way away anyway. I did it with GTAIV and I just basicly beta tested it for months :)

The game itself was far less over kiddie styled (like San Andreas) and was a good story line and cut scenes, a lot more solid in terms of story and feel. I played it on console and it was much better on PC to play.

After a year or more it took the community to A: make it look like it did on the box (smooth with AA) B: make it so you didn't need all the bloat ware R* start up crap for SP (and no it was legal ..if anyone remembers DRM patch DLL from the company themselves was released that bypassed CD insert and other things through R* support).

So yeh "for PC" it was an uphill struggle from release and slow patch fixes and community fixed it better that R* could or wanted, in fact all things considered PC release was a total catastrophe in terms of justifying the "not a console port!" groups, and it was that and a bit worse at the start.

Its saving grace was the story, physics and the editor to make films, best editor for film making ever in a game I think. Just hope they make it more than 30 sec capture limit and some better UI features in the next version for PC.

If anyone likes to make movies and doesn't like GTAIV, just get it for the movie editor, that and fraps is great.

One thought, I wonder if like red dead they decide to leave the PC market for GTAV ... now that would be news :) The sloppy release for PC and slow patching concerns said allot. If they say R* Toronto are doing it then worry, if they mention R* North (UK) are doing it, then that will be good news above the main news of the next version.

Edited by mrcash2009

I would be very sad if they don't release a PC Version. I own GTA 2, GT3, Vice City, San Andreas and GTA4. Everything as PC Version. I would like to add GTA V to the list.

@ Zoz

Ask the game back and try it with the patches. Its really a very good game with great Effects and Storyline

I hope they have more open ground like in GTA:SA. I don't like Liberty City, I would prefer to drive a convertible down a desert road while playing rock music, not around some big city.