Sign in to follow this  
CriminalMinds

Grand Theft Auto V

As for driving with first person view, you can move the mouse so that you can see behind your shoulder but the view is still very limited, functioning mirrors would be cool indeed but I guess ill need a new grafics card for them to work first.

You don't have to do that, just press C (default I think) and it snaps to looking backwards in any vehicle, view and on foot. However as you mentioned this may not help much in some vehicles. I'm afraid the having working mirrors is not possible on any setting. That would be cool.

I can't fly using mouse at all. I can fly fine using only keyboard, even at very low altitudes as long as I don't have to shoot anything. Obviously. Persistent precise aiming with keyboard is impossible.

Just finished the main campaign, its definately one of the best recent games Ive played and I have become pretty picky.

Now lets wait till the LSPDFR mod sees the light of the day and take revenge on those petty criminals.

Currently "mods" for GTA 5 are more in a form of a cheat, trainers and such. If Steam is really banning people for using them in SP then wtf but its most likely people who cheated in online complaining about it.

People are using cheats (that I'm not going to describe) to give themselves free money in online mode. Not entirely sure people are completely honest when they say they're being banned for SP stuff.

Not sure how Rockstar translates to Steam. :p

Whoops :D

Currently "mods" for GTA 5 are more in a form of a cheat, trainers and such. If Steam is really banning people for using them in SP then wtf but its most likely people who cheated in online complaining about it.
People are using cheats (that I'm not going to describe) to give themselves free money in online mode. Not entirely sure people are completely honest when they say they're being banned for SP stuff.

Yeah that is possible.

Probably not, it's the usual disinformation campaign that the hack sellers and their customers wage when they get spanked.

They'll latch on to any excuse they can to try and get bans overturned or try to hurt sales of games

they don't have any new third party apps like SweetFX or FRAPS to blame so they use the modding situation as a scapegoat.

A lot of the big hack sellers have forums dedicated to discussion about getting bans overturned and spreading disinformation on forums.

I don't know the exact details but hackers are sucking people into joining missions that pay out tons of cash

I see it all the time in the online chat, as far as I know Rockstar will just take the money if they find out you

participated in it.

Best to be safe and turn down any offers for earning huge amounts of cash.

Edited by jblackrupert

I can confirm using mods in SP is safe, I've been doing it for a week and haven't had any issue with R* thus far.

Looking at the GTAForums most people claiming to have been banned for SP modding are often the ones you find asking "how to I spawn this or that in GTAO" elswhere in the forums.

So my guess is they're full of it and just got what they deserved.

And it's not a total perma-ban, it's just a 2 weeks ban from GTA:O

But Rockstar might loose its patience in the future.

I just want Rockstar to remove that bloody "Passive mode"

People are exploiting the hell out of that in MP.

tons of people are using it to get within shooting range of people and then jumping out of passive mode and killing you.

I don't know how it fully works but people jump in and out of it fast enough to get on top of you, kill you

and then zoom away in passive mode, you have no way to defend yourself from them.

A lot of suspicious players are also fond of those armored up Karuma's.

http://gta.wikia.com/File:Kuruma_Armored_GTAO_Front_Quarter.png

Maybe improve passive mode rather then removing it, i.e. unable to switch it off if within certain range and line of sight of other player(s).

That Kuruma seems like a tank. Very hard to shoot the passengers.

Maybe improve passive mode rather then removing it, i.e. unable to switch it off if within certain range and line of sight of other player(s).

That Kuruma seems like a tank. Very hard to shoot the passengers.

It's fast, maneuverable, drives over virtually everything without losing control.

Throw in some macros for tossing explosives, aimbot and exploiting Passive mode and you are pretty much unkillable.

According to some posts on the steam forum you can put a $1000 bounty on them and that prevents them from using Passive mode making them

easier to kill and the AP pistol can kill the driver and passenger.

I also read you get nicked for $7000 if you destroy the car. not sure if that's true or not.

personally, I just leave the server when someone goes on a Kuruma rampage.

The other thing that annoys me is the spawning placement after you die, it's too easy to get stuck in a cycle of dying

because it's too easy for the killer to circle around and hunt you down again before you can figure out where you are

because of spawn disorientation and having to rearm your weapon, by the time you get your head together the guy is on you again.

Edited by jblackrupert

The other thing that annoys me is the spawning placement after you die, it's too easy to get stuck in a cycle of dying

because it's too easy for the killer to circle around and hunt you down again before you can figure out where you are

because of spawn disorientation and having to rearm your weapon, by the time you get your head together the guy is on you again.

I believe you have a couple of options on where to spawn after death that you can select in one of the menus.

Watch these videos if you didn't already

new one with GTA Online - which is basically full of t@ts

Edited by RobertHammer

I'm playing on online. People like Heist or landrace? I trying Deathmatch session, but not have over 10 player.

great, now the "crowd" thinks all mods can be harmfull...

So, I've finished the campaign yesterday. Took me around 40 hours without doing much else (no stock gambling or boring sidejobs with the submarine etc.) aside from quite a few rampages. :D This game really is a masterpiece: I love the humour, the music, the driving, the tight atmosphere and all the little details. It must have cost tremendous amounts of time and money to create all these little side scenes, dialogues and activities - amazing! Only downsides for me are the rather boring shooting parts in missions as these are pretty easy and both gun sounds and handling are not really state of the art (yes, I'm spoiled coming from Arma), the utterly annoying flying missions (duh...) and the in total flat main story line. No real plot twists and overall not really motivating, Rockstar could have done so much more story wise. Will replay it again nontheless as the mission design and variety combined with the great satirical and cynical humour is pretty great. And even the online part seems partly interesting for a total SP guy like me, the coop heists sound really cool. Though I still have to level up a few times more with (rather boring) PVP or gas station robberies before I can actually start the heists. Anyway, I can only recommend the game. :)

And even the online part seems partly interesting for a total SP guy like me, the coop heists sound really cool. Though I still have to level up a few times more with (rather boring) PVP or gas station robberies before I can actually start the heists. Anyway, I can only recommend the game. :)

If you want to level faster, you should look at the small coop mission that you can get. It pays every player the same amount of money and the xp is quite good (depending on the difficulty).

Never found the gunplay fun or satisfying. Aiming either felt uncontrollable or like the reticle seek targets on it's own. Not my genre but Max Payne seemed to get that sort of combat pretty well and popping off rounds were pretty fun. How in the world can mega house Rockstar not be able to improve such a basic thing?

After the bullshit I went through with GTA4 I swore I'd never get another.. But couldn't help myself :) $90 later and I'm glad I did, simply an amazing game, But why no iron sights?

Anyway i uninstalled all Arma's for a nice long break to play this, feels good to spend money on a AAA title that looks and plays like a AAA, haven't done anything online but ill probably get Verdun for that fix.

But why no iron sights?

There are ironsights. Scroll up/down when aiming.

There are ironsights. Scroll up/down when aiming.

So there is, awesome cheers :D

Online is full of hackers, its really disappointing. The SP is good but i had stopped playing the online because it was that bad.

Online is full of hackers, its really disappointing. The SP is good but i had stopped playing the online because it was that bad.

Yep, unless you are playing with friend it is not viable alone.

It so simple to get a working trainer. I really hope that Rockstar will have a strong attitude against it (banning them for good).