Sign in to follow this  
CriminalMinds

Grand Theft Auto V

This is actually good. Hopefully they can deliver a good port and hopefully AMD has released their new GPUs by then (I obviously won´t be able to play this with my HD5850)

I agree, they should take as much time as they need to bring us a complete game.

Problem is, the reasons they are holding it back have very little to do with a better PC experience.

They pulled the same horsesh!t with GTA4 and that was a shambolic release on PC.

The sad truth is that they are holding out until 'next gen' console sales of GTAV fall below a certain level and to a lesser extent due to the release of the 'Heists' DLC which will promote the sale of the console versions further.

If it releases on PC in a near perfect state, I might be inclined to change my opinion, but based on the available facts and R*'s previous behavior concerning GTA4, I'm not holding my breath.

You are probably right but I rather bury my head in the sand in this case and hope everything is going to be perfectly fine.

You are probably right but I rather bury my head in the sand in this case and hope everything is going to be perfectly fine.

I hope the PC version is awesome, I really enjoyed the PS4 version.

Unfortunately, I still think these delays are financially motivated, but as always, time will tell ;)

I hope the PC version is awesome, I really enjoyed the PS4 version.

Unfortunately, I still think these delays are financially motivated, but as always, time will tell ;)

Well, Heists is still yet to be released on the consoles. They probably have their focus on that now so a month after a patch like that doesn't sound like an unreasonable time to make sure any PC specific stuff is ironed out or anything that's found to be critical on consoles.

While I'm also skeptical in regards to the financial motivations. If the PC version releases without MP or without Heists, then yeah, it's probably financial motivation. But if everything is present, then I'm willing to give it a pass as it seems plausible.

So, I'm preloading the game via R* Social Club thingy in hope to avoid busy servers on release day. It started out fast, ~8Mb/s but now it dropped to ~140Kb/s... 60.04GB in total. :omg:

So, I'm preloading the game via R* Social Club thingy in hope to avoid busy servers on release day. It started out fast, ~8Mb/s but now it dropped to ~140Kb/s... 60.04GB in total. :omg:

I'm weak so I bought it from steam, I did not have any issue regarding the preload ;)

I'm weak so I bought it from steam, I did not have any issue regarding the preload ;)

Yeah, I was considering Steam but I opted for a retail key since I don't want two DRMs for this game. It got faster later. All to do now is wait 2d 14h and change for the game to unlock :D.

Yeah and then bye, bye BIF (or anything else for that matter) for a week. :D

1 AM CEST on April 14th

Oops, you're right, I edited it.

Read what Author of ENB Series mods has to say about the mod-ability of GTA 5 currently.

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3750&p=61253#p61253

"I was wrong. Rockstar did everything to prevent modding of GTA5, so at this moment impossible to do anything via editing game files. All my buddies modders share the same opinion, that GTA is short living like any other game whithout mods, so i do not care about modding it unless:

1) modding will be possible by changes in future patches or when drm and encryption will be hacked.

2) when game will have stable patch which works for every player.

3) i don't see much potency to modify the game, just a few minor changes without "wow" effects, just make it possible to tweak everything is definetly not for first day players, so better give it some time and see, perhaps game will be dead very soon (see p1).

4) at this moment i have so many problems, that first question is for me how not finish in suicide."

Doesn't seem very bright. :(

Edited by Flash Thunder
added quote from link

Yeah I feared that this would happen due to their GTA Online Bullshit, still I was hoping that Rockstar would realize what made GTA4, and the GTAs before that so popular on the PC.

The GTA Online stuff doesn´t even seem to be that good, Rockpapershotgun author Graham Smith said that he played 4 hours GTA Online and didn´t have a minute of fun due to issues and stupid people. Single player seems to be working really well though, although it seems as if there wasn´t any significant graphics update for the PC version.

Even if it´s GTA, I dont think it´s worth the 59,99€ price they are asking for it, especially not if there is no mod support. So I guess I´ll hold off until I can afford a new GPU (this old HD5850 really doesn´t cut it any more) and in the meantime I´ll observe how the game and its price are doing.

Nearly bought GTA before the release on Steam, however decided against it. I will wait until the bugs and issues are resolved before purchasing. ;)

i nearly bought it myself, however, i thought about work (RHS included) and life, and decided against it. ;)

For 60€ not worth it at all - i got the GTA V on my PS3 long before PC version , it's cool at first but later you get feeling that it's nothing extra as you wished , story wise is kinda ok - most of those missions feel uninspired and forced

GTA Online - is boring , bad missions - in generally the MP part is rushed and it's like Rockstar didn't know what to do with the MP , didn't tested the new Heist in MP but its probably bad too heh

maybe if it was much cheaper for PC , i might test it but i am not going to waste 60€ for that

Edited by RobertHammer

My guess is that the price will drop significantly in a few weeks time.

Is there any third party shenanigans you need to play this game, e.g GFWL? I hate it when I buy a game on steam and I have to register through some secondary launch tool to get started.

After the first eight hours in-game (SP only and doing story stuff mostly, aside from a few rampages) I really enjoy it. Like the story so far, character switching is a cool new feature, graphics are quite beautiful and I haven't encountered a single bug or performance issue so far. Controls, driving etc. and also the 1st person mode seem very well ported. Only drawback are the weapon sounds which are pretty lame in my opinion. Well, I'm spolied by Dragon Fyre and the vanilla A3 sound updates I guess. :) But the car and engine sounds improved. So far, I also like the mission design, it seems less repetitive and more creative than it was in GTA IV. Voice acting, animations, facial expressions and the hundreds of ambient background scenes are pretty amazing, I again love the details and humor they've put in. It is obviously just a first impression and I can't say aynthing about MP or modding, we'll see how that turns out. I'm hooked for now and it will surely keep me from getting any (Arma) sh*t done, at least for a few days. :)

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Is there any third party shenanigans you need to play this game, e.g GFWL? I hate it when I buy a game on steam and I have to register through some secondary launch tool to get started.

Yes, it will install that anti-social club rubbish. But that automatically starts when I run the game from steam and then launches the game without me having to push another button. So far it has been far less annoying than Ubicrap's adware launcher or the even worse EA Origin and BF4's weird browser-start-BS.

I bought it for PS4 and just the story mode alone made it worth the buy!

Last time i enjoyed a single player campaign this much when i played the first Max Payne.

For 60€ not worth it at all - i got the GTA V on my PS3 long before PC version , it's cool at first but later you get feeling that it's nothing extra as you wished , story wise is kinda ok - most of those missions feel uninspired and forced

GTA Online - is boring , bad missions - in generally the MP part is rushed and it's like Rockstar didn't know what to do with the MP , didn't tested the new Heist in MP but its probably bad too heh

maybe if it was much cheaper for PC , i might test it but i am not going to waste 60€ for that

Some of my online mate, bought the boxed version for 38€ legally through amazon ;)

For once, I can play a game on day one without trouble. It's really nicely optimized. They did a good port.

As for the online, try the last heist mission, it's hard and nicely made ;)