bracer

Emita City - Arma2CO Island

bracer, I really enjoy your Emita City! Thank You!

Error with texture:

emita11screen.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Some funny moment:

emita11screen2cr.jpg

That letters (sounds like kolkhoz) means collective farm in Soviet Union (fields, agricultural machinery, cows, pigs, goats, sheeps in common property). So, I smile every time I see that arch over a police station :)

Excellent map! Thanks bracer, congrats on the release

Yes very very nice map and very nice performance on it. Can we you use Civilian module on this map?

Thank you

Thanks guys!

The modules should work fine!

I've tried the SecOps, Ambient Combat, Ambient Vehicles and Civilians.

Make sure to use the A2 module and not the "expansion" one for civilians.

The civilians don't talk, but they run around, light fires in their houses and goes for a ride with their cars.

I followed one driving from Kirseberg to Emita center! Fun stuff does modules!

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I'm now releasing Emita v1.12!

It should fix the texture errors.

I also removed some buildings that were not supposed to stand where they stood.

It's a full release to avoid some confusion that might occur with a hotfix for these errors.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

For the next release I'm planning to improve the custom buildings, to make them work better and look better.

But it should be quite fun for PvP as they stands now!

Old missions should work, but you'll have to remove "testmap6" in the mission filename and replace with "emita"

Enjoy!

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21288920/emita_v1_12.rar

223ay.jpg

Hey Bro,

I tried this with my favorite mission Advancing Power both in the city and in the country and both played really well.

The part i liked best though was the country, really nice placement of buildings and forested areas which broke it up nicely and gave good close (enough) areas to move to without it being a complete suicide run.

Also its believable!

Nice work, thanks :)

Sweet, thanks!

Would someone who had the error messages and missing textures like to confirm if they are fixed now?

I would appreciate that!

Cheers

No, it's a full pack.

So remove your old @Bracer folder and put the new one instead.

You only need v1.12.

The mission Shaving Emita City is not working on the map 1.12

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

i dont need 1.12,i need BETA or 1.0 or how called the first version

I tested it and this is what came to mind.

I'm having serious performance issues on this map. Else I run ArmA2 on Medium-High, no aa, with 4k view distance, but on this map I don't think I can even get a decent 20fps with only 1k view distance. I mean, the city looks like one of the best so far, but it's kind of flat. If I look towards the horizon my fps drops way too much as almost all buildings are on the same height above sealevel. The game engine needs a serious optimization overhaul to be able to handle these kinds of maps well.

Here's just some suggetions. Less enterable building might be a good thing here. Like the red flats that's used in large rows. A model of those without it's interior could be handy. It's over repeditive anyways, with the interior being the same empty looking rooms, like in almost all ArmA buildings. Also, varying the height (not by much!) of cityblocks, parks, and backyards is one good tip.

Variation in height can give you certain advantages and/or just be there for the sake of more realism. You say you're making custom buildings? Try some real simple but good looking box like offices and such, without interiors. Nothing overly detailed. Mostly a box with window textures, so it's simple and great just for the purpose of having a few modernized buildings.

Then you might not tire yourself out in the process of trying to make fully enterable buildings when you could make lots of more different ones in less time. It's the fighting on the streets that get's interesting, for me anyways. Maybe more tall buildings. Give's the city some interesting heights and makes it seem less like just another town. The city could still be very good if a block or two were removed. It's about double the size it could be to still be a very detailed city.

If I may say, keep up the good work too! It's got alot of potential and I hope this was helpful.

Edited by AlexVestin

The mission Shaving Emita City is not working on the map 1.12

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

i dont need 1.12,i need BETA or 1.0 or how called the first version

If you can't get it to work by changing the missionfile ending to emita instead of testmap6,

then I recommend that you contact the authors of the mission and make them update it.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

I'm having serious performance issues on this map. Else I run ArmA2 on Medium-High, no aa, with 4k view distance, but on this map I don't think I can even get a decent 20fps with only 1k view distance. I mean, the city looks like one of the best so far, but it's kind of flat. If I look towards the horizon my fps drops way too much as almost all buildings are on the same height above sealevel. The game engine needs a serious optimization overhaul to be able to handle these kinds of maps well.

Sad to hear that you have performance issues, my goal is to keep it similar (preferably better) than Zargabad.

So how does Zargabad perform on your PC?

Here's just some suggetions. Less enterable building might be a good thing here. Like the red flats that's used in large rows. A model of those without it's interior could be handy. It's over repeditive anyways, with the interior being the same empty looking rooms, like in almost all ArmA buildings. Also, varying the height (not by much!) of cityblocks, parks, and backyards is one good tip.

Variation in height can give you certain advantages and/or just be there for the sake of more realism.

Then you might not tire yourself out in the process of trying to make fully enterable buildings when you could make lots of more different ones in less time. It's the fighting on the streets that get's interesting, for me anyways. Maybe more tall buildings. Give's the city some interesting heights and makes it seem less like just another town. The city could still be very good if a block or two were removed. It's about double the size it could be to still be a very detailed city.

I see what you meen. But it's abit the opposite of my philosophy with Emita.

I wanted a city with as much enterable buildings as possible because I want more than just streetfights without possibilities for cover.

I wanted to be able to have to clean out a house to get access to the roof or balconys and use them as a stronghold,

and fight for each single block of houses.

I agree with the lack of elevation in the city, I might add some later on.

But it was my intention to have it flat since my inspiration-towns are all flat, so I don't agree that it will make it more realistic.

Over represented buildings are definitly a problem, but I used what I had, and are now trying to make new buildings.

You say you're making custom buildings? Try some real simple but good looking box like offices and such, without interiors. Nothing overly detailed. Mostly a box with window textures, so it's simple and great just for the purpose of having a few modernized buildings.

This is exactly what I've done, a multistory box building without interiors. Chairs and tables are all added in Visitor, not part of the model.

If I may say, keep up the good work too! It's got alot of potential and I hope this was helpful.

Thanks for the response mate! Much appreciated, I will consider everything carefully!

Cheers

I had so much fun within city,very fierce urban battles.It reminded me of my favourite mission Tbilisi in GR 1.Great job Bracer.

hi bracer.

I can't have the civilian module work for me on this map. I use the arma 2 civilian module, not the expansion one, but no civilian spawns...

and if i use the vehicle module, the vehicles have weird spawns sometimes.

do you have this kind of problem?

i'd like to have civilian life in your city.

thanks

ok, thanks

I've just tried, but:

-It doesn't spawn much civilian ppl on the map: I've counted 4 ppl maximum...

-I dunno how to have much more civilians... or to make them spawn only in the part of the city in which I am... (let's say in a 400m radius around my position)

I think I'll let my town empty... unless someone knows how to do what I need

anyway, thanks for your help

Edited by Wiki

The modules should work fine in most parts of the map.

Have you tried a clean mission with only player and modules?

yes, i've jut put the ALICE module on the map with 1 USMC soldier (me), but it doesn't work...

I've tried just putting the module, and tried putting the module and using Coffeecat link.

I encounter some civilians, but not that much (3 or 4 maximum)

could you upload a test mission on emita please?

Edited by Wiki

Ok! Do you encounter the few civilians only with Coffeecats method?

I'll check it tonight!

well, either with your method or coffeecat's I don't encounter much civilians at all.

are there a lot of civ. when you try it?

I just ran a test, and as you say, there is not alot of civilians spawning...

But as long as there are some spawning and the chimneys have smoke, then it works for you.

With the ambient vehicle module they also drive between the city and the small villages, might be on rare occasions though, but I've seen it.

Maybe it's possible to edit the parameters for the module to get the city more populated: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ambient_Civilians

But it seems if you want the city to be alive to a realistic level, then you unfortunatly have to add the civilians yourself.

I had so much fun within city,very fierce urban battles.It reminded me of my favourite mission Tbilisi in GR 1.Great job Bracer.

ahh you touched my heart when you posted that.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

it's a beautiful piece of work bracer - congrats mate.