There's a laptop inside the small building between the relais stations. Once you're logged on you can select the different hubs from each sub station. On the right side you'll see some information how these are connected to each other. Find the one for the northern airport and disconnect it. The objective will be complete once the correct one is offline. You can also deactivate the Chernogorsk power plant, turning all street lamps in Chernarus off, if you want.

thanks,..man.

Its playing fine now...

since I got you on the line, I noticed you have this "post apocalyptic theme" going on with the grainy black and white cloudy weather etc...but I had a day when it was sunny and the colours were quite bright. Are there changes in weather?

Loving this mission and I'm happy to see an extension to EW finally being done. I've played for hours and plan to keep on playing.

I might have been playing an older version I'm not sure, so I'm loading the latest tonight. The odd bugs I found were enemies respawning right after I blew up the radio tower, promptly killing me.

Anyone else have all the ammo in a tank/shilka/bmp just disappear after loading it with the ammo truck? I have on several occasions :( This seems to be a problem with captured enemy vehicles. They will start with full ammo after I cap them ,then after a bit they just wipe it clean of ammo.

Still, with these few bugs I'm having more fun with this mission than I did with most apoc games.

Since Patch 1.60 I noticed dead enemy respawning once in a while, although there isn't any respawn script running. I thought it was only on my end because of bad performance or something. Probably it is somehow related to the AI group caching, going to look into it.

I'm not sure about the missing ammo of vehicles. Never had any problems so far, but I haven't checked it in quite a while.

However, I'm glad to see that you enjoy the mission.

I restarted the mission without mods of any kind this time around. I'm running the latest {zero} mission available.

I haven't run into the ammo bug yet, but I haven't yoinked any armor either..

I seem to be having a problem with getting civis to leave trucks. I must keep my own team in hold fire mode just to keep them from killing the civis and trucks.

I have 2 trucks with civis, but I have 8 men in my unit so maybe they can't join me? I brought 1 truck load back to the main base and I still can't kick them out. Would an eject all script work? It might eject any dead bodies to...not sure.

Lastly , are the refuel/repair/rearm trucks resource point based? Meaning can they run out of resources?

Not sure how it could be implemented but a siphon hose would be cool, sucking gas from broken down vehicles might get you where you need to go :)

still enjoying this mission , good work.

I have no idea why the civs won't leave the truck. I have an eject script and in a standalone testmission with only the convoy scripts running it works fine. That they don't eject in the actual mission is just weird.

Yes, support trucks have only limited supplies.

I like the siphon hose idea. Going to look if I can get something working.

Had a longer play today , I decided to kill the civis since popping all the tires didn't get them out,and no one seemed to mind since the AI counted them as enemies.

That wasn't the worst part though. I took a full load of men and bypassed the weapons depot, and went straight to chenogorsk. I personally wounded 2 T-72 tanks and nursed them back to full health. Took 1 T-72 back to the depot and wiped everyone out. Went back to cherno got my men loaded up the tanks with AI drivers only to have the tanks vanish a few yards outside of cherno... I got to the depot with no tanks only to find the entire depot respawned full of troops just the way I found it. :(

Are we only supposed to grab the empty armor that is in certain places?

All mission-relevant areas (depot, radio tower etc) only spawn new troops until they are cleared and the corresponding objectives are completed.

Vanishing tanks are definitely not intended. Probably an unwanted side effect of the UPS script.

The tanks in Chernogorsk are meant to signal the player to keep away. But it seems that two tanks and a bunch of soldiers with armed vehicles isn't threatening enough for a bunch of outnumbered and outgunned resistance fighters. :D I have to come up with something else to keep the player out of Chernogorsk.

Hehe, I like to think outside of the box. If I could strap a machine gun to a boar and make it fight for me, I would do it. :)

If you've ever played an apocalyptic game called (Soldiers Of Anarchy), it has this kinda feel where every man/woman/vehic/weapon are valuable resources.

I like the fact not every person even has a map/compass and other kit, makes scrounging all the more important.

Still one of the best missions I've played.

The tanks in Chernogorsk are meant to signal the player to keep away. But it seems that two tanks and a bunch of soldiers with armed vehicles isn't threatening enough for a bunch of outnumbered and outgunned resistance fighters. :D I have to come up with something else to keep the player out of Chernogorsk.

I think a Zu-23 on top of the hotel oughta do it. Link it up with spotters so if any guard realized where the player is, they get blown up by HE rounds from heaven.

If the player doesn't get an anti-material rifle, it will be a helluva-difficult shot, and static weapons don't take splash damage from explosive correctly, so launchers won't cut it.

Of course, you could always be chessy and act like the gun is inside the building with attachto and hideobject.

I have witnessed entire squads of enemies teleporting into formation before my very eyes. You know that outpost east of Rogovo? Twice now I've shot at the commander, and the rest of his group suddenly appears out of thin air next to his corpse.

@Soldier of Anarchy

Players always do exactly the opposite of what the mission designer wants them to do. :D

Especially in such an open-world scenario it's quite impossible to think of everything a player might ever come up with. But I'll keep improving the mission to make it as playable and bug-free as possible.

@maturin

Yes, that seems to be a common problem with the mission since the last patch. I haven't found what causes the issue, probably related to caching of AI groups. Currently I'm writing my own caching script, which will hopefully fix the problem.

@The_Warrioress

Thank you. :)

Note to myself:

Create a mission with invisible AA guns firing high-explosive boars. :y:

Great, if you can reliably prevent that issue, post it in this thread. Because glitches have derailed this mission for me twice. And that's a shame, because looking at the Tasks menu and the map markers make me start rubbing my hands together with glee.

Pretty awesome mission but I'm getting waxed by all of this light armor rolling around.

wow! very nice mission!

I played with ACE to refuel my vehicle that was almost empty of fuel, took me about half hour to fill the tank, checking every car in the villages, then suddenly shooting comes from everywhere and I died :s

Would be cool a coop mission

Hey there great mission thus far. Tho Im stuck at the power station and just cannot get the password right. I don't really have alot of time to play my games (family and kids etc.) So could you kindly pm etc the answer? :)

Hey there great mission thus far. Tho Im stuck at the power station and just cannot get the password right. I don't really have alot of time to play my games (family and kids etc.) So could you kindly pm etc the answer? :)

password is

dentist

After more than three months of hard work and sleepless nights I am pleased to present the V1.40 update for Zero.

V1.40 Highlights:

• Five new, hidden sidetasks
  • Several random events throughout Chernarus
  • Usable fuel canister to drain fuel from empty vehicles
  • UI interface to transfer weapons / equipment between vehicles and / or ammocrates
  • Countless tweaks, bug fixes and optimizations
  • ...and much more... ;)

I noticed quite some problems with the caching of AI groups, like disappearing enemies, killed units respawning out of thin air and civilians not leaving the trucks. I have disabled the caching scripts for now to remove all these bugs. The downside is that now all units are present all the time, which might result in quite a performance drop. On my computer the mission runs fine with 50+ fps, however on older / slower systems it might be problematic. Any feedback on this is appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your feedback, bug reports and ideas. I had never expected this mission to be that popular and it's really great to see so many people enjoy my work. Thanks a lot! :)

Have fun playing. :)

Edited by Clayman

Thanks for update! Runnig to try it as i just thinking about start new game of your misson. Great timing ;)

The error message is from a function I use quite often in the mission, but I'm currently not sure where exactly the problem is. It seems like I have an undefined variable somewhere.

During the countless hours of testing this error didn't appear once. I'll look into it and see if I can locate the cause. The addons you use shouldn't be a problem here I believe.

Thanks for reporting. :)

I have to say this was a pretty fantastic mission, I hope you'll keep adding more detail/hidden tasks to it. It reminds me of Abandoned Armies from OFP - well done. (I only played 1.30 but I'll replay 1.40.) I'm looking forward to other SP missions from you.

Oh, in 1.30 I ran into a few bugs - you may have fixed some of these but FYI (warning, may give away details):

• I found most transport trucks all in one place, close to the big insurgent base. I assume these are supposed to patrol the area but they somehow got stuck. There was also a UAZ there.
  • When I used a grenade to kill the patrol at the power station, they died and then they one-by-one came back to life.
  • At the radio tower, I killed everyone but due to the long animation, parachuters had time to arrive on location and I was killed during the animation several times because I was placed on ground level, outside the tower.
  • The Bizon has fairly limited ammo - this turned out to be a hugely useful weapon so more ammo for it would be nice. I know I'm greedy. :)

Thanks again for this mission, great job.

Edited by xxbbcc

Outstanding intro, and atmosphere so far.

I seem to be stuck on the first rescue mission. I've secured the prisoners, killed enemy in the immediate area, and when the warlord leader shows up he just runs around the warehouse for a bit before leaving. The prisoners are still sitting there, tied up. What am I missing?

The first objective is complete as soon as all enemies are killed. Probably there is still one or more left somewhere.

There were similar "last loon" problems with other tasks in the mission which I had removed in the last update, but I forgot to change the condition for the first task. Will do so in the next update.

Thanks for the comments. :)