The mission was a lot of fun but now I've run into the same black screen bug as reported by the others.

Like you wrote, it was at dusk. It's probably more likely to occur when using unlimited savegames in regular difficulty every few minutes.

EDIT: :yay:

You can overcome the black screen bug by not saving your game at dusk between 1700h and 1730h mission time on the first evening. Afterwards it's ok again. Until more bugged 30 minutes at the following dawns and dusks?

Edited by Trapper

thx for this mission ... must be good, but unfortunately i'm not able to get it started.

I get ctd with message

"File description.ext, line 0: Config: .:"" encounted instead of ']'"

each time I switch in main menu into single missions folder

I run several user made missions in

...\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\missions\

they all run well

I've also loaded the addon pbo (CLAY_ZeroAddons.pbo) correct

tried 1.59 final, latest beta, with and without ace ... no way, always ctd when CLAY_Zero.Chernarus.pbo is in \missions folder

(I've also tried with CLAY_Zero.Chernarus.pbo being the only mission in this folder -> again ctd)

what's left, what could be the prob (besides of me sitting in front of my keyboard :o) ?

You can overcome the black screen bug by not saving your game at dusk between 1700h and 1730h mission time on the first evening. Afterwards it's ok again. Until more bugged 30 minutes at the following dawns and dusks?

Well, yes. That should work.^^

The next change is from 6:30h to 7:00h the next morning. After that there are no more changes. (I don't think anybody plays the mission longer than 24 hours. :D)

However, I think I have found a solution. Going to do a few more tests and hopefully I will have an update ready by tomorrow.

@langgis08

I'm not sure what might cause your ctd. I doubt it's the mission, as noone else has reported any problems with this. The only thing I could think of would be some conflicting addon. Have you tried it without any other mods / addons running?

If that doesn't help you could maybe try to re-download the mission. In that case you might want to wait for the update, like I mentioned above.

Sorry, but that's all I can think of right now.

it works :) thx Clayman for your answer, of course it was not the mission (I knew it had to be something on my side, because nobody suffered this ctd)

I've isolated the problem

:

I'm using Total Commander (anyone knows it ?) as file manager.

In the first run (yesterday) I had unpacked the package just by double-klicking on it (means: using Total Commander's unpack-feature). I had copied the "unpacked" files directly from the appearing directory. That obviously had caused the corruption (most of the time this method works, though, I have to say but I guess it depends on which program has been used for packing the original package).

Today I've used 7-zip for the unpack-process and I went for the accurate way.

Here I go :yay:

Edited by langgis08

I have updated the mission to V1.20, which should fix the black screen bug. I've done several tests and it didn't happen once.

So I hope it's gone. ;)

Download link can be found in the first post.

The group manager didn't work correctly for me.

I've headed to the 2nd guerrilla camp first, made them team red (radio command 9) and fought with them at the airport, harbor, electrical sub station and radio tower. Two or three of them were killed.

When I returned to the main base, I couldn't disband anyone of them in the group manager. It only worked like supposed with No 2 and 3, the Russian soldiers. Re adding the guerrillas to team white didn't do the trick.

I have updated the mission to V1.20, which should fix the black screen bug. I've done several tests and it didn't happen once.

So I hope it's gone. ;)

Download link can be found in the first post.

Thanks!:yay:

Great misson. I always wanted more from EW after it ends. Thanks.

Ps: got funny bug on first misson rescue hostages. Truck departed early and one of russian soldier was late. Later at base when he joined my team he was 700m away and seems stuck, I suggest make sure truck will wait for all alive to board. :)

now i joined up with first camp and got same problem. Group manager dosent work :( All new gurelia guys have weapons listed as "any" in group manager and i cant remove or reassign em, If i move up/down them they disapear from group manager menu.:confused: Arma 2 OA 1.59 combined ops here. Can combined ops causes this? I see takistany lada cars and oriantal red moon ambulances in towns.

Edited by ataribaby

Alright, now it took me like four hours to find the probably most stupid mistake I have ever made in Arma2 editing. It's so unbelivable stupid that I don't even want to talk about it any more. :banghead:

The good news is, I was able to fix the problem and now the group manager should work again. New Version 1.21 is up and can be found in first post.

I'm deeply sorry for any inconvenience. :icon_redface:

Alright, now it took me like four hours to find the probably most stupid mistake I have ever made in Arma2 editing. It's so unbelivable stupid that I don't even want to talk about it any more. :banghead:

The good news is, I was able to fix the problem and now the group manager should work again. New Version 1.21 is up and can be found in first post.

I'm deeply sorry for any inconvenience. :icon_redface:

Hehe, np, main thing is you found bug and its solved. Thanks. Gonna restart mission :yay: Its pretty hard. BMPs guarding main spots and i dosent have RPGs if i ever find some. :)

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

Hmm just tried and after intro mission quits with error it cant load cwr2_tractor and cwr2editor_milobjects

I was wondering about the Weapons Editor and sorts. It seems to load quite slow.

I've upgraded my pc hardware just recently and don't have this issue with other missions using a similar thing, so I'm not sure what or why.

I'll still continue to investigate and see what's up.

It said that I can't play it because it require cwr...???

What's that?

BTW, your intro is awesome!

I don't know, but it require additional addons.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

it required: cwr2_tractor and cwr2editor_milobjects

This, same as that friend said.

I don't know, but it require additional addons.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

it required: cwr2_tractor and cwr2editor_milobjects

This, same as that friend said.

I have the same problem. Intro goes ok, but before the actual playing starts, the missing cwr2 addons message appears. When approving it, it's back to the mission selection menu.

Oh gosh... where did that come from? :o

Should be fixed now. Sorry once again.

Oh gosh... where did that come from? :o

Should be fixed now. Sorry once again.

Thanks again for quick fix :bounce3:

The intro is kind of epic, really and I feel like the cold, post-apocalyptic ambience is crawling out of screen into my real home :cool:

Can't wait to find some hours of my spare time to assimilate the mission, totally.

Good work.

All good so far. I didnt contacted other groups yet. Had great scanveger run. After fight found unscratched fully fueled truck so i fill em with weapons from all dead enemy from fight and comes across another 2 convoys. One driver had NVG! One convoy was full of civies. I left em live as i cant interact em i think that was new recruits to "bad" side army. Will be cool if i can free em or ask to join. Original Razor 2, EW, Forgotten Few and this mission is my most favorite. Now i need find repainr fuel and ammo trucks. I know where is repair one :) Night will fall soon...

@langgis08

Thank you. :)

@ataribaby

I'm glad to see you enjoy the mission, hopefully without any further bugs. :D

About the civilians:

Once all enemies from the convoy are killed you can walk up to each civ and he will join your group. If you bring them to the main base, they will "grab a uniform" and are then available as new units in the group manager.

Ahh excelent Clayman. see spoiler

They stayed on truck, Probably i didnt killed some soldiers? Some probably run away. During night i managed to bring repair truck, BRDM, two armed Offroads and one truck with supplies to base. I found em on small outpost near Power distribution laptop room. Fucking details! Hats off! From 9 mens 5 survived cos i was greedy and patrols was alarmed and come. Hard fight. Is it really reinforcements coming or just random patrol routes? One must be quick with scavenge. Now where is that Ammo and Fuel truck. Also i noticed most of gas stations dosetn serve in mainland. Did you set them like that? Now i preparing raid on Radio tower. I finaly got hand on some RPGs.

Hmm got another convoy and after i defeated all enemies new recruits stay in truck forever. I even drove em back to base. Another thing i encountered from that ambus was that paratroopers followed me back to base and then in one moment my whole stock depot was empty :( What happen?

Can someone tell me the power station password?