Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Making a object flat in water? Instead of being sloped?

Can anyone help me with making an object flat in water? As im making a pier in Oxygen2 and ive just put it in game but its sloped into the level of the water?

For example i put the path that leads onto the pier on the sand before it leads into the water, but instead of it being flat the pier is sort of sloped by the surface of the map that leads under water? So the path is in the air and the main pier is sort of under water?

Ive added landcontact points at the beginning of the pier as i thought that may have solved where the land contacts meet. But still nothing :confused:

Hope i havnt confused you much, but if you need anymore information ill add pictures if really needed.

Thanks,

konyo

You probably have to try different classes to find the correct. I would suggest something that is known not to follow terrain like building or house.

Myke;2042713']You probably have to try different classes to find the correct. I would suggest something that is known not to follow terrain like building or house.

Ok thank you, will have a play around and report back :)

EDIT: Not working, so just to clear it up i would name the whole thing in the GEO Lod Building?

Edited by konyo

O2 Menu -> Window -> tick Named Properties -> Right click in named properties window-> New

Name: Class

Value: <to be tested>

Make sure Geo LOD is selected.

Myke;2042738']O2 Menu -> Window -> tick Named Properties -> Right click in named properties window-> New

Name: Class

Value: <to be tested>

Make sure Geo LOD is selected.

Tested the valvue with building and house.. still nothing.. & i made sure geo lod was selected.

Also tryed with the * symbol at the front of the word

Edited by konyo

Sorry, static objects isn't really my strong point. My guess was the named properties and what it's written there on the BIWIKI. I'm affraid i can't be of more help on this issue.

Myke;2042759']Sorry' date=' static objects isn't really my strong point. My guess was the named properties and what it's written there on the BIWIKI. I'm affraid i can't be of more help on this issue.[/quote']

Ok no problem, thanks for your time :)

Maybe you should testwise delete the landcontact and in the Geolod as well as in the other lods look for any named property "placement" and delete that. Usually that should make your pier stay in an horizontal direction.

Maybe you should testwise delete the landcontact and in the Geolod as well as in the other lods look for any named property "placement" and delete that. Usually that should make your pier stay in an horizontal direction.

Yeah deleted the land contact lod a while ago, still same with it. But ive been looking through the BIS Water tower sample and saw it only had : Class, Map, Damage & style, so used that model instead of mine for testing and it was still sloped in the water :/

But will try removing the noLODShadow stuff in the GEO named propertys :)

EDIT: Deleted every property and its still sloped

Edited by konyo

Ok then now go to the geolod. Make a new named property name: placement, value : vertical. This has worked for some of my walls at least.

Ok then now go to the geolod. Make a new named property name: placement, value : vertical. This has worked for some of my walls at least.

Yess! :) It worked.. :) Thank you so much.. you sir.. Are a legend :)