Sign in to follow this  
hellfire257

Marco Simoncelli killed in Sepang

So what?

Dude you don´t reply with that when somebody has died, even if you don´t know the person.

Show some respect :j:

A sad day for Motorsport :(.

RIP.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motogp/15420069.stm

It's a dangerous sport :(.

R.I.P, only 24 years old too :( Goes to show how dangerous the racing we take for granted on TV really is, last week a British driver, Dan Wheldon died in a crash in the US.

So what?

Come on man... grow up and have some respect. Shame on you nea.gif

I'm really sad too and knew it was a bad accident as I watched it happening...

Terrible live pictures...

I have seen (and wont link) the crash footage, one thing that confused me is that he seemed to be hanging from the bike before the collision, as I didn't see it live, what was the situation before the collision, he was slumped and hanging over the right side of bike (almost hanging on) and then it went into the path of others like he wasn't in control before it?

RIP clearly, bad accident but if anyone knows detail before the actual collision of the other two bikes?

Edited by mrcash2009

I still don't quite understand what happened, but from what I can tell he tried to save his bike but it had other ideas and dragged him across the track into the path of Edwards and Rossi.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Race+Direction+press+conference+Simoncelli+Sepang

Minuteman, you need to be shot, then shot again, then burned at a stake. This forum and indeed the world can do without people like you.

Edited by Hellfire257

Minuteman, you need to be shot, then shot again, then burned at a stake. This forum and indeed the world can do without people like you.
Come on mate, that's almost as worse than his ignorant post isn't it?

But as I posted a page back I still dont understand him slumped to the ide of his bike just before? Did he wobble, fall to the side? Was it the bike that was the issue that was the cause for the domino effect?

I still cant believe it. After he was confirmed to be dead I saw a promo starring him, in the italian TV. It was surreal.

So what?

you sir, are an asshat, and whatever you do in life, nobody is ever going to take that away from you.

He knew the risks, his luck ran out. What more is there to say about this?

He knew the risks, his luck ran out. What more is there to say about this?

Maybe that it is sad to die at 24 yo ?

Come on mate, that's almost as worse than his ignorant post isn't it?

Maybe so, but I don't understand how someone can simply seem so inhuman as to not care about what happened.

To feel is to be human. The inverse of this is also true. If someone can be so blasé about the loss of a young life then there is something truly wrong.

Edited by Hellfire257

Sorry to say that there are way more examples of this behaviour that FAR outweigh an ignorant single post in this forum thread on the internet, best to ignore Id say.

Yeah, you're right. I was too harsh. Better to ignore than get frustrated, I guess.

So what?
Ignorance is strenght, brother.

I lost a close aquaintace in a racing accident year ago, I lost every sympathy to this "sport".

Edited by Beagle

Better to ignore than get frustrated, I guess
I think we've all done it though mate :)

Having said that, anyone got ANY updates on what happened and why he was slumped over before the main collision?

Edited by mrcash2009

Sad news. Just goes to show how dangerous motor sport still is, guess we take the bravery of these competitors for granted.

Having said that, anyone got ANY updates on what happened and why he was slumped over before the main collision?

According to the BBC report he was in cardiac arrest when the medics reached him, I wonder if that caused the crash in the first place.

Edited by Daniel

According to the BBC report he was in cardiac arrest when the medics reached him, I wonder if that caused the crash in the first place.
Interesting, I mean after the crash there would be no surprise at all it was very bad, the helmet came off through the crash as well, but it does raise a question about before the collision and his apparent control loss hanging from the bike .. might be a simple explanation but it looked odd as you cant see from footage before that collision only just before as to why he's hanging off.

If it wasn't the bike out of control (the bit I couldn't see and could be wrong about anyway) I would say it looked like he had collapsed and slumped off the bike at high speed and then it just steered into the others and that's what then killed him?

Some former pro rider believes that the eletronic may have kept the bike in the middle of the track while it should have gone wide. But maybe this is just trying to find an explanation for such an horrible thing. Maybe he just kept the gas open while falling.

Show some respect for what? Thats a pointless and dangerous sport and he knew the risk. His death was just unnecessary and stupid and i show no respect for an attitude which put live in such unnecessary risk.

Thats not cool or manly, thats just suicidal stupidity.

They closed the threat about the little chinese girl which was overrun while everyone just standing around, because their society is totaly rotten, but now its time for expression of sympathy because a young man took an unnecessary risk and died? For what? Five minutes of fame? I'am in Rollerball ?

Looks like i hit in a nest of death worshipers.

Edited by Minutemen