Sign in to follow this  
--Scorpion--

BIS Arma 2 Gunshop script

Sorry I didn't realize you were writing in sqs, I don't know sqs very well so I cant really debug it for you.

-;2050426']Using Riouken exemple I tried this but it don't work' date=' anyone know why ?[/quote']

In Array: If x is a string, the array is checked case-sensitive. So, perhaps try "Mine" instead "mine".

@JonieTurnock

In theory, that should work.

@Rydygier

I'll had never thought of that, thanks alot it fixed the problem.:yay:

I've done a similar script in a Quarantine-esque mission I was working on (lost, due to hard drive failure). Instead of storing the money into a global variable, the money was actually stored in the variable space of each unit that is supposed to have money. That's the simplest way to add MP compatibility. I'm going to poke inside the script and see if that's not too hard to do here - if you don't mind me doing so, of course.

Like always, a big thanks to Foxhound and Armaholic.

I've done a similar script in a Quarantine-esque mission I was working on (lost, due to hard drive failure).

That's one of the primary reason why I uploaded it, I've lost so many stuff over the years due to hard drive failure. About the MP compatibility, just contact me via PM so we can talk more about this.

I added a Rapidshare link since Megaupload is down because of the US lawsuit against the site. I'll keep the Megaupload link in case they go back online but I really doubt that's going to happen.

Thanks for this script -Scorpion- many nice things we can do with this one. But is it possible to get the reward, ...um "globally"? Initializating the "money.sqs" is no prob here, but using respawns deletes this. Can someone give me a hint on how to get the money instantly by deleting a unit without the need to pick it up (which is a really nice feature - no doubt!). this should have no effect on working with respawns.

Or maybe it would also be ok if the initialiated "money.sqs" script would be present even after a respawn.

greetz

5platterer

anyone please! ...im making a zombie scenario in SP. every undead will reward you (me) with a little money so you can buy new and better stuff. to fight a real massive horde of the undead i implemented a respawn system. but after a respawn all init calls are gone. so, please someone can help me?

i found some ppl with similar probs but here it is the AI which needs to get the call again after respawn. initialisation like

waituntil {alive player};

null=[_unit, 0.2] execvm "dead.sqs";

called from the init.sqf or a trigger wont work for me. or maybe im doing something wrong. the above example is just one answer i found and i worked with it but... like i said: wont work for me.

need help! please

greetz

5platterer

Ewww SQS?

The problem Splatterer is that you're using execVM to call a dusty old SQS file. You need to use exec when using eleven year old code. ;)

waitUntil {alive player};
[_unit, 0.2] exec "dead.sqs";

hy kylania, thx for ur reply!

i just did copy/paste and changed the script name. but it doesnt work either. maybe its easier to get the money not by picking it up but, like my first post, on the moment the unit is reported dead?

greetz

5platterer

Hello. I've been thinking, and i figured out something.

In Stalker, they promised we will trade with traders, bid. That was my origin of thinking.

So...when you select a weapon, that has a specific price, but the game doesn't shows you that but you can try...if you say a higher or the same price, then the dealer will accept, but lower he will ask for more.

hi,

i have your script working on my chernarus-server, works fine i can buy and sell weapons but after buying i cant get them out of the crate.

The weapons we buy are in it, but we cant get them out of the crate, do u know a possible solution?

anyone here? who could help me please, why i cant get stuff out of the ammobox?

i have your script working on my chernarus-server, works fine i can buy and sell weapons but after buying i cant get them out of the crate.

The weapons we buy are in it, but we cant get them out of the crate, do u know a possible solution?

Are you using the script in MP ? If yes, that's probably why it's not working since I just tested it in SP and I could get the weapon from the ammobox.

yes SP works^^ ... MP not? did u know a solution? or is there a working Gunshop-MP-Script i could use? the only script i found its these one and i know there´s one in this Wasteland-Mod but didnt know if i can use it and how .... ooops to many questions? ;)

If you want to use a buying/selling weapons script in MP, your best bet will be to ask the Wasteland-mod maker the permission to use his script in your mission since it's already working in MP.

What do I need to write in the trigger or init of the player? I can't get it working

Have you tried the the mission tutorial ?

All the information that you need are inside the mission folder. It's hard for me to help you if you're not more specific why it's not working. You should tell me what you've done so far to give me a better idea what's your problem and I'm sure I'll be able to help you.

why dont you tell people where to put that code myMoney=500????

you dont say to put it in init, description, money.sqf or whatever

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

it is not working for me,

how do i put the saler in the map?

not playable ai?

i tried with the name saler but it didnt work, i could kill him and didnt have any gear menu, please help

thegoodrobot at yahoo dot com