Sign in to follow this  
.kju

DevCon - the developer console

Cheers. :)

Rydygier feel free to - you are also welcome to submit those changes back to get them

integrated into the "official" version.

OK, thanks. Will see, if I be able to achieve anything in this matter.

This is so cool, but I can't help thinking I'm missing out on the vast majority of what it can do. Is there any chance we can get some basic documentation?

For the general scripter/mission designer (who uses scripts) the normal console view already helps a lot IMHO.

To be able to check variable values and execute code, also the different remote types in MP, is a big help.

As for the advanced features and key controls to ease the use even more, you can find the docu in the tickets.

At some point, someone, will merge them into a wiki page. You are welcome to push the wagon from the kickoff. :)

At some point, someone, will merge them into a wiki page. You are welcome to push the wagon from the kickoff. :)

I'd love to, but I really don't want you kicking my arse when I screw it up. :)

Can someone explain the what and how to use the fields? I'll start the wiki ball rolling, but I need info.

DevCon_DebugConsole_MAP.jpg[/img]

1: Upper half: Enter expression, Down half: View result of evaluated expression, auto refreshed

2: Same as 1, except smaller fields

3: Enter statement to be executed, buttons modify the actual behavior; execute locally, execute remotely, only on server, everywhere, etc.

4: Same as 3, except smaller fields, with only 1 behavior; execute locally

5: Uhhh :D Seems to be a condition field for a trigger, perhaps to test triggers, all I got for now :P

Yup

5 is trigger condition and execution code.

One could script everything too, but some editor people are more used to triggers and might find it useful.

Btw there are more features to this.

How about a little competition: "Who finds another feature" :P

I'll post something in the wiki this week.

Thanks,

I have to go play now. lol!

1: Upper half: Enter expression, Down half: View result of evaluated expression, auto refreshed

3: Enter statement to be executed, buttons modify the actual behavior; execute locally, execute remotely, only on server, everywhere, etc.

4: Same as 3, except smaller fields, with only 1 behavior; execute locally

5: Uhhh :D Seems to be a condition field for a trigger, perhaps to test triggers, all I got for now :P

I must be doing something wrong. In multiplayer (hosted), I get the console, the mini map, and the unit markers, but I can't get any of the input dialog to work.

[

My method #1

Field 1. I put in p or p = getPosATL player;

Field 2. Nothing

My method #2

Field 3: p = getPosATL player; tried executing all four ways (Exec, rEXEC, Server, ALL).

Field 1: p

Field 2: nothing

Any thoughts?

Are you the admin?

Are you the admin?

I thought the host was automatic "Admin". Where would assign a pass word? Do I need a separate mp config? Sorry, but I assumed, I had full functionality when the other features were running. If you have a link to enabling admin for hosted mp, post or pm me.

Thanks,

ps

I have experience with StaDebug, so I know the benefit of this tool. I know others would love DevCon, but without some simple "How to" examples the nubies are going to be lost and frustrated. I'll write up readme and post up a wiki, but I'm afraid I'll need some spoon feeding from time to time.

Same results when loged in as Admin on dedi.

Edited by Two Dogs

Well the host is admin yes, but you could have been a 2nd/3rd player on the hosted server too.

For me it works as host(ed admin). Did you try with only DevCon running and no other addon active?

I don't disagree with docu/howTo/guides, but they won't come from me this time.

There is basic docu in the tickets available at least - one only had to piece it together to a wiki page.

So I got it to work with vanilla, not with ACE. I haven't played without ACE in years. Thanks ACE team. So what gives?

It got it to work in mp LAN as host.

Ok that's a good start. For me it works with the latest ACE version loaded via SU.

What ACE version are you running? OA beta patches used?

Latest ACE, ACEX, ACEX_NAVY, ACEX_SM, CBA, ACRE, JayArmA2_lib and Latest Beta as of today, through the SU. No joy.

Just tried ACE and CBA. No Joy.

The only thing that doesn't work is the console. It comes up but no input is registered.

My method #1

Field 1. I put in p or p = getPosATL player;

Field 2. Nothing

My method #2

Field 3: p = getPosATL player; tried executing all four ways (Exec, rEXEC, Server, ALL).

Field 1: p

Field 2: nothing

What is your modline?

I use SU and it's putting DC infront of ACE and CBA. ml like this -mod=@DevCon;@ACE;@CBA;

UIs there a way to change the ModLine in SU?

You can change priority integer of mods in the Mods datagrid, however there should be no need.

Try to put it last in the modline. However I couldnt find conflicting code in ACE.

Are you sure you load only ACE (+CBA) and no other addons?

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;@ace;@cba;@devcon" "-name=SSG Coyle" -nosplash -window -world=empty -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors -cpuCount=4 -host -exThreads=7

No Joy. Same everytime.

cba then DevCon works, but i add ACE and no input. Would the ACE settings menu effect it?

Whats your mod line?

This:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=a2f;y\a2fbase;Expansion;y\@ACE;y\@ACEX;y\@ACEX_PLA;y\@ACEX_RU;y\@ACEX_SM;y\@ACEX_USNAVY;y\@CBA;y\dev

Can you post your rpt please.

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe
== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;@acex_usnavy;@ace;@acex_ru;@acex;@cba;@devcon" -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2012/01/23 01:02:35
Current time:  2012/02/23 16:49:24

Version 1.60.87580
[77,33.771,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=intro, worldName=Desert_E, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]
[77,42.539,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
Speaker Male00NTNVFM not found in CfgVoiceTypes
Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscTitles/SplashMeridian4/Text_Meridian4/
[77,41.331,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]
[129,63.59,0.067,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[129,63.901,0.067,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.177, ace=1.13.0.530, acex=1.13.0.355, acex_ru=1.13.0.66, acex_usnavy=1.13.0.68, "]
[129,64.504,0.067,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-B:1, group=L 1-1-B, player=<NULL-object>, _playerType="", _playerGroup=<NULL-group>"]
ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable
"############################# Start intro #############################"
Mission admin.utes: Missing 'description.ext::Header'
[1483,95.434,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.3.3. MISSINIT: missionName=admin, worldName=utes, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]
[1483,102.668,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
Speaker Male00NTNVFM not found in CfgVoiceTypes
[1483,101.769,0,"x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf:8","WARNING: Enhanced Armor difficulty options enabled - this is not recommended in conjunction with ACE Wounds!"]
[1485,104.911,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[1485,104.985,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=0.8.3.177, ace=1.13.0.530, acex=1.13.0.355, acex_ru=1.13.0.66, acex_usnavy=1.13.0.68, "]
[1485,105.485,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=2, BIS_functions=L 1-1-B:1, group=L 1-1-B, player=B 1-1-A:1 (SSG Coyle), _playerType="USMC_Soldier", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A"]
["DevCon active: ","admin"]
["DevCon AutoInit.sqf executed"]
"### SSG Coyle uses the DevCon (UID: 2316928) ###"
Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayMPInterrupt/controls/CA_B_SAVE 
Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayMPInterrupt/controls/ACE_SETTINGS 

Sorry for the late reply. Got busy with RL.

So I got it working with @CBA;@DevCon in the mod line.

Added ACE like @CBA;@ACE;@DevConand @CBA;@DevCon;@ACE and it breaks.

I made 3 config dumps. One of each example above. Jcba-devcon.txt(works), NJcba-devcon-ace.txt(doesn't work), and NJcba-ace-devcon.txt(doesn't work).

Heres the link:

configDump

Edited by Two Dogs