Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Experimental Beta Patch 2 - 85628 - Feedback

The altitude is still not synced properly in MP. A player appears to be ~2m lower on other clients compared to his own view.

, Neo is hovering just above the parked heli on his pc, that's why there is no collision.

Keys like watch and compass are now properly locked when using chat :)

@Dale: I can still see markers for all 4 variants.

This is what I have in the editor:

TakeOnH.jpg

I know there are supposed to be helipad markers on the map...

Edited by dale0404

Ambient cars look much more realistic now, gj! (except for one car here or there sticking together with another one)

Same for me regarding the editor markers.

Can't comment much about mp stability since I thought this was already pretty good in patch 1. No issues for me so far.

Thx for the patch BIS :)

I know there are supposed to be helipad markers on the map...

Known issue (exists also in CIT) - they work fine in the full game. Side-effect of these patches being experimental ;)

Noticed this earlier tonight on DirtyDeeds dedi server:

takeonhaikilled.th.jpg

From what I remember (and the screenie kind of supports this) there wasn't any player named 'Christopher Collins' at the time when the kill message was displayed.

There were AI on the server though and that's a pretty AI'ish name in my book :D (no offense to anyone if this indeed was/is a real person, although I don't believe anyone with that name was connected to the server).

lol for AI kill messages? :)

maybe due to setIdentity use?

Mine is still doing the same thing, MP or SP. It doesn't crash just minimizes after playing for a bit and I can't bring it back up . If I click the icon I can hear the game though. I have to close game using task manager.

Mine is still doing the same thing, MP or SP. It doesn't crash just minimizes after playing for a bit and I can't bring it back up . If I click the icon I can hear the game though. I have to close game using task manager.

next crash do this.

hold LeftSHIFT and press numpad minus (-) , then type f l u s h

takeonh2011102022124641.th.png

I notice not only is the traffic going in opposite directions on main roads instead of magic traffic everywhere, it also drives over bridges instead of into the water. :icon_eek:

looks great!

this small change makes a big leap from the original beta release. :cool:

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

As [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy- now knows, I got so many CTDs playing Suburban Hell on his dedi that it basically destroyed gameplay for me. Maybe I should set AToC to zero again, tweak my settings more, or get a new damn video card!!! :mad: :confused:

But everything appeared smooth otherwise, and the patch #2 seems great.

I get it now that Ursa Major should be at night (duh...). Cool new twist. Just beat bronze time again on expert. Loads of fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting AToC=0 again pretty much eliminates the flushable CTDs. I should add that CTDs with AToC=7 were MUCH more frequent with patch #2 playing MP that they were with the vanilla beta playing SP.

A new problem I have never seen before while playing on DirtyDeeds dedi server (Suburban Hell). When I went into video settings in game, and then exited it, my screen became blurry, like I went to a reduced LOD. Nothing I could do to fix it except leaving the server and rejoining. Don't know if it was the patch, the mission, my system, or some combination.

Edited by OMAC

maybe due to setIdentity use?

Hm, I haven't set any specific identities in that mission.

It was just weird to see, that's all. Maybe it's BIS' way of telling us we need to respect the AI as fellow players on the server. So no more routine teamkilling of the poor defenseless AI :p

I experience this as well, exactly this. (since beta vanilla release)

-Ziggy-;2041179']ambient traffic looks better.

thats nice to see.

i might be incorrect but the textures and general look are a notch or so imporved from previous. and the environment color variable has returned and that definitely helps things look pretty damn nice.

if this is what can be done with 2 small patches i look forward to the real release!

Edited by twisted

The heli flips over for the Pilot not flying during switching control...ie the guy giving up control... Very scary....

Yes gonk, I have seen this as well. And once the helicopter "landed" on the ground again (in its flipped-over state) its rotor just kept on spinning and there was no apparent damage to the heli. Great lawn mower though =)

NTRUDER;2041418']

I experience this as well' date=' exactly this. (since beta vanilla release)[/quote']

Same for me. I also got those CTD with sound still playing with ArmA2:CO Beta patches. Also my TrackIR software crashes with "OpenGL driver not responding".

I think I fixed this, with setting ATOC=0 and changing my video-memory in ToH/ArmA2 to "Default" or "Normal".

Really fun game now that Ive gotten the hang of landing on M/K with Auto trim off :)

One thing is that sometimes when I crash (which is often) -I come down like a rock but don't always get that huge impact/crash feel -but more of a soft landing then blowup feel :)