Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Release time of ToH

We all know when the game is going to be released for downloading but what we do not know is the actual time of day it is going to be released.

Will it be 0001hrs on the 27th or will it be at 0800hrs in the morning when the files get released?

The reason is because I want to start to download the files as soon as they become available. I am at work that day and would love to start the download before I go to work if possible.

I am mainly concerned with the Sprocket version but all times would be beneficial to all I imagine.

Ta

In the past, BIS releases have been in the afternoon hours (CE(S)T). I assume it will be the same with TakOH.

Dunno, I got OA at 11PM off Sprocket as it was midnight in Europe.

Made me go Sprocket from that day on, as well as supporting my favourite developer directly.

I'm wondering about this myself. As I'm in New Zealand I'm about the first timezone on the planet. So it'll probably be Friday when I get this game....

Mine is pre-loading right now off Steam, expect I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for them to unlock it for play though :)

Yep, its definately downloading on Steam right now. Sprocket users will need to wait until the files become available.

Sprocket says they will send out an email when it is ready for download. I guess we need to just be patient. :)

*refresh* "preload" *refresh* "preload" *refresh*

We all know when the game is going to be released for downloading but what we do not know is the actual time of day it is going to be released.

Will it be 0001hrs on the 27th or will it be at 0800hrs in the morning when the files get released?

The reason is because I want to start to download the files as soon as they become available. I am at work that day and would love to start the download before I go to work if possible.

I am mainly concerned with the Sprocket version but all times would be beneficial to all I imagine.

Ta

Dont mean to be a pain in the arse but will the .exe file be released just past midnight (GMT+2) or will it be later in the day?

If it is just past midnight then I will still be awake to install and play the game, that's all. :)

I still don't understand those time zones, even with converters! Prague time is the same as Amsterdam time. But I don't get it why it's CEST, because CEST is -5 GMT (according to some website), while Prague/Amsterdam time is GMT+2. Really confusing. What the hell has CEST to do with this if it's Prague time? :D

Edited by zoog

I still don't understand those time zones, even with converters! Prague time is the same as Amsterdam time. But I don't get it why it's CEST, because CEST is -5 GMT (according to some website), while Prague/Amsterdam time is GMT+2. Really confusing. What the hell has CEST to do with this if it's Prague time? :D

CET then, Central European Time :D

CEST – Central European Summer Time

Time zone offset: UTC + 2 hours

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/cest.html

You're welcome :)

Thanks :) I must have read a website with wrong information about CEST, because this makes a lot more sense!

Thats all very nice.

What time is that in French then ?

Clever Trevor...:D

I assume you should know what is your timezone in France? CEST it is of course atm which should make this matter very simple now.

I assume you should know what is your timezone in France? CEST it is of course atm which should make this matter very simple now.

Yep, the French can download it at 0355hrs on the 32nd of Octember!!! 2012. :p

so 1330 UTC (Zulu).... thanks...

but can we all start talking in ZULU time... pilots do, the military do... and being most of us don't live in CEST ...just saves my ageing brain. It has better things to do.. like drinking beer... :bounce3:

Edited by gonk

Where did you get the data?

Just playing the odds, as I don't think the population is 3.5 billion in the CEST zone... this equates to 50% of the worlds population...

But maybe the client base of BIS is mostly located in CEST :P

Actually a large chunk of BIS customers live in Central European Summer Time at this moment, including the developpers themselves, from Poland to Spain and Sweden to Italy, that's roughly 450 million people.

Even the Brits don't live in Zulu time, as BST has one hour of difference.

The US market may be the single biggest one (given that the chinese don't buy so much software), but consolidated Europe is probably way ahead in terms of sales.

NB : This estimation is purely out of my a*** but given the important of the German Market alone, This wouldn't surprise me.