Sign in to follow this  
Dysentery

Up and down vs side to side aiming question

There is a really terrible nonsense feature in the game. If you move your mouse up and down your head moves first and your gun lags behind it and catches up to it after a second. So if you jerk your mouse up to the sky hard your head will look at the sky and your gun will take a minute to catch up to wear you're looking. But if you look left or right your gun and head move together instantly with no lag. So essentially you can shoot targets more easily and faster if they are to your left or right but slower and harder if they are above or belove you. Is there a way to make the up and down looking like the side to side looking? Please update the game and remove this crap or tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

Edited by Dysentery

There is a really terrible nonsense feature in the game. If you move your mouse up and down your head moves first and your gun lags behind it and catches up to it after a second. So if you jerk your mouse up to the sky hard your head will look at the sky and your gun will take a minute to catch up to wear you're looking. But if you look left or right your gun and head move together instantly with no lag. So essentially you can shoot targets more easily and faster if they are to your left or right but slower and harder if they are above or belove you. Is there a way to make the up and down looking like the side to side looking? Please update the game and remove this crap or tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

This "crap" is supposed to simulate the weapon weight. You can't fix it yourself, and it's highly unlikely to be removed by the devs.

I guess you could try creating a ticket on Dev Heaven to petition for this feature to be changed or removed, but you'll also need to get a high number of +1 votes on it before the devs will pay it any attention. That means taking the time to formulate it as a polite and well reasoned request, which I doubt you are willing to do.

In other words: no dice.

This is a great feature, I enjoy it a lot. It feels like my soldier has a properly weighty weapon in his hands, instead of a plastic toy from some CoD

This "crap" is a very nice immersive feature that I like a lot. You can also multiplay it by editing the user config and add a even greater floating zone than the option menu allows.

Please update the game and remove this crap or tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

play CoD :rolleyes:

(sry couldn´t resist :p)

The weapons weight huh, ok i didnt know that. But that is not how it should be if you are looking through your iron sites. What should happen is there should be a cap on speed raising and lowering the weapon. But youre head and weapon should move together if looking down the sites.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

And also.. if its the weapons weight then shouldn't it apply to left and right movement too? So like I said I'm right you're wrong. Thanks for the sarcasm though, fail.

The weapons weight huh, ok i didnt know that. But that is not how it should be if you are looking through your iron sites. What should happen is there should be a cap on speed raising and lowering the weapon. But youre head and weapon should move together if looking down the sites.

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

And also.. if its the weapons weight then shouldn't it apply to left and right movement too? So like I said I'm right you're wrong. Thanks for the sarcasm though, fail.

Maybe just use your player options, it' as easy to disable like the head bob.

Maybe just use your player options, it' as easy to disable like the head bob.

It's not floating zone or head bob. That was part of my original post is if it is an option what option is it and where do I go to change it?

There is a cap on speed of raising and lowering the weapon. Which is why you complain.

But youre head and weapon should move together if looking down the sites.

They move together when you move them together - slowly enough. It isn't different IRL. Try holding an object in front of you and start rotating your head very fast and count how much time it will take you to move that object in front of your view exactly where it was with your hands.

Edited by metalcraze

There is a cap on speed of raising and lowering the weapon. Which is why you complain.

My complaint is if you are looking down your iron sites on your rifle and egaging multiple targets you swing your head and rifle together not your head faster than you can swing you rifle. Your head and eyes are stuck on the rifle and keep looking down it.

They move together when you move them together - slowly enough. It isn't different IRL. Try holding an object in front of you and start rotating your head very fast and count how much time it will take you to move that object in front of your view exactly where it was with your hands.

It is different just like I explained. And your argument is also disproven by the fact that NONE of this applies to left and right movement. Its like the gun is weightless and your head and rifle move instantly together. This is something i already explained in this thread. So the excuse of explaining this away as the weight of the weapon is false because the weapon is weightless in your left to right movement.

Edited by Dysentery

My argument is not disproven.

like in CoD so it moves to the right and left with a few ms pause as well.

In any case you move your eyes faster than 3 KG object IRL. It's just how it is and the game depicts it well.

BIS making a gun stuck to a center of the screen as a default setting was a mistake (in fact the option wasn't there in OFP at all) and I always said that.

But the gun has weight even with an easier setting like you have now. Try moving your mouse even slightly and you will see that the gun has an inertia, thus it has weight. BIS just glues your eyes to it with this setting instead of handling it the right way.

Edited by metalcraze