Sign in to follow this  
langgis08

ARMA2_OA_Build_85598

Isn't FPS drop caused by an overabundance of objects with transparency (such as grass and a lot of leaves on trees) - as it's really heavy on videocards? (when you zoom in transparent pixels take more screen space). If yes - there's not much BIS can do.

There already was a fix in 1.59 regarding FPS improvement when using scopes in forest, but I guess it doesn't help much with grass and other clutter.

Isn't FPS drop caused by an overabundance of objects with transparency (such as grass and a lot of leaves on trees) - as it's really heavy on videocards? (when you zoom in transparent pixels take more screen space). If yes - there's not much BIS can do.

metalcraze, i use AtoC=0.

Is not hardware problem, see EasyC has the same problem, his computer is much better than mine.

i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz

Gigabyte P67A-UD5

4GB Mushkin Redline (1600mhz 6-8-6-24)

Gigabyte GTX580

Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

C300 128gb SSD, 1TB Samsung F3

Corsair HX-750w

Asus Xonar Essence ST

Edited by inco9nito

Excessive Binoc usage issue supposedly not solved yet; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25266

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 ----------

Although according to Hanzu it might have been (quietly) fixed: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/25266#note-14

Well when we played yesterday, we were driving some place with two humans and three AI. When we dismounted, the first thing the AI did was take the binocs out - all of them.

However, in general I think it is a bit better. Not perfect yet, but at least most of the time their binocs use is not as excessive as it used to be.

metalcraze, i use AtoC=0.

Is not hardware problem, see EasyC has the same problem, his computer is much better than mine.

i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz

Gigabyte P67A-UD5

4GB Mushkin Redline (1600mhz 6-8-6-24)

Gigabyte GTX580

Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

C300 128gb SSD, 1TB Samsung F3

Corsair HX-750w

Asus Xonar Essence ST

I use ATOC 6 and i see that grass has no transparent AA, shich gives me a huge impact on FPS when i zoom in grass areas.

Our group had very big problems with this beta tonight. People had their game crashing all over the place. Will post RPT tomorrow

Edited by Tonci87

Yes, Everon is fine. I really only had a problem in Bomberman. Is that scenario on Kolgujev?

Yes it is.

Whoops, replied to wrong build thread, moved my reply to latest beta here (having similar problems like Tonci87 and his group - making me think these builds are highly unstable).

Edited by Hanzu