Sign in to follow this  
ludiol

X-52 throttle calibration problem

Hi,

I can't get my x-52 throttle to work correctly with TOH. At the Customization Page in the Controls Menu when the throttle is pulled full back it shows me a calibration value of 100. This value doesn't change until the throttle is pushed up to +/- 60% of the total throttle way and then changes rapidly from 100 to -100. This makes the usable throttle way very small and unprecise.

The ingame sensitivity has been set to max and null deadzone.

The same for hardware settings in the system preferences.

The throttle works 100% in FSX.

Anyway next week I'm going to get a high-end Bell Pitch Lever replica from a little Austrian factory which is used in the Dodosim for FSX. Hopefully this one is going to be fully compatible with TOH.

Edited by ludiol

If you want a linear setup, sensitivity should be 50%. More than 50% sensitivity means more effect with small input. Less than 50% means small inputs don't make that much of a difference. Still what you describe sounds very off to me. Perhaps you should check your controllers software and maybe return those settings to default or play with them a bit.

Someone with the same device might make more sense out of this.

Played with the X52 last weekend and it worked fine. We did run into some calibration issues but this was because of wrong stick angle/setting when the computer booted up I believe.

Unplugging, centering all and plugging back in sorted this.

Well thanks for your replies, but 50% sensitivity didn't work out. I tried this out.

If I look in my system prefs the axis shows a correct calibration, the red bar being at the bottom at throttle pulled full back, 50% at 50% way and 100% bar at the end of the throttle way. Its fully linear. So my X-52 works correctly.

Anyway I have to cope with this for max one week, when my oe-xam Bell Pitch Lever will arrive and hopefully be compatible with this great game.