Sign in to follow this  
walker

Robo horse the Alpha dog son of big dog and human Terminator

Hi all

I am sure some of you have seen Boston Dynamics Big Dog project for DARPA as they have been shown previously on the forum. This is its big brother:

SSbZrQp-HOk

Of additional interest is the bipedal humanoid "Terminator" version:

ja_UsmXVPVk

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

I like to see the older versions and prototypes made some years (decades?) ago, in the very same boston dynamics channel I suppose (no, isn't there, I'm searching) ²(found it =

)

Bd5iEke6UlE

About the OT: The BigDog now is able to get up when fallen and I see it's carrying some weight. Nice development.

Also, I like this (not robot related, but technology related with possible uses in military, civil society and health areas). Pretty well-known video.

dSCLBG9KeX4

Edited by [GR]Operative

Hi Mr. Charles

It is called a hook ;)

Kind Regards walker

Hi all

Reviving this thread with the latest video of Big Dog; now with its own eyes, terrain mapping, and follow path and leader functions.

hNUeSUXOc-w

Kind Regards and A Very Merry Winter Solstace to All, after this evening there will be more light in the world ;) Walker

So when will T800 roll out for production? We've seen ARMA AIs in vast virtual world, lets see if we can make an AI for the real world...

Step 1... try to make the damn thing less loud... I assume that once they mount some kind of paneling, some of the noise will get muffled?

Step 2... screw the pack mule concept... mount a turret on the damn thing

Step 3... prepare to receive claims that the enemy is using aimbot.

But in all seriousness... the thing is pretty interesting.

Edited by Maio

Hi all

Latest videos of Petman the Terminator from Boston Dynamics.

Kind Regards walker

"the Terminator" seems to be a bit over the top and more of a special drama effect like one can read in the yellow press... Let's see what the purpose of this robot really is, shall we:

PETMAN is an anthropomorphic robot designed for testing chemical protection clothing. Natural agile movement is essential for PETMAN to simulate how a soldier stresses protective clothing under realistic conditions.
As always follow the link: http://www.bostondynamics.com/robot_petman.html Oh dear, nothing whatsoever about a Terminator soon running around hipshooting everyone? /Have a nice day, enjoy your dose of speculation and fix of conspiracy.

Do you realy think they would spend millions of dollar for the development of this thing when they just could put a test person in there?

There must be many test persons in your world who would like to volunteer for such tests.... :rolleyes:

Do you really think that today anyone sane enough is going to risk his life or at least his freedom through such experiments/studies? Does this robot look like he could run around with a gatling gun and terminate everything? How far the PETMAN could walk alone without any help + remote control??

They don't need real poison gas if they wanted to test this suit. Also, it makes no sense to test something like lethal toxins on a robot, because they don't have skin or breath.

The Pentagon since decades speaks about drones and robots for combat, it would be total naiv to think that this thing(TTTT) is just for testing gas.

Watch out and put a bigger tinfoil hat on - soon the MIB will be using the new advanced stealth standard issue neuralyzer on you!

Here we go again with the tin foil hat... I don't try to convince you of anything, i know what i see there and what your "I don't wanna think about it" standpoint is doesn't bore me at all.

If you wanna believe the Pentagon, Ministry of War, do so.

This thread is about robots and certain technologies and not so much about speculations or "What IF..." scenarios. Just search on how many robots are used in the industry and where they do assist/support the production. Btw using specific sensors and materials can provide info/data to see what kind of chemical agents are life threatening. FYI

In 1993, the United States signed the Chemical Weapons Treaty, which required the destruction of all chemical weapon agents, dispersal systems, and production facilities by April 2012.... Due to the destruction of chemical weapons, under the United States policy of Proportional Response, an attack upon the United States or its Allies would trigger a force-equivalent counter-attack. Since the United States only maintains nuclear Weapons of Mass Destruction, it is the stated policy that the United States will regard all WMD attacks (Biological, chemical, or nuclear) as a nuclear attack and will respond to such an attack with a nuclear strike.
Now back to robots and their use + role now and soon... :)