Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Downloading the Full game - Sprocket

I hope that being German he is downloading from DK and not from GB.

Yes, for you all out there trying to download this, GB server is not working fine, please use another one :D :devil: :whistle:

UK Server :devil: ~18min and I'm done

This must have already been described somewhere, but I assume we should uninstall the beta completely before installing the full release, right? That will mean uninstalling from Programs & Features, and then deleting the ToH install folder that holds the beta patches. Should we also delete the ToH folder in My Documents?

Preload downloading now. Thank you, BIS!!!

Yes OMAC, you should first uninstall the beta and then install the final.

I'm unsure about the folders... BIS?

Still pretty much in time for the full release tomorrow :D

Yes ! your cup is half full ! :yay:

764758525.png :581:

Should we also delete the ToH folder in My Documents?

Make a backup at least. I will most likely overwrite the new TakeOnH profile with my current one, after I look at it anyway.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

I just got a mail with the link for the downloader. It seems you can preload most of the content, and the final package on release.

Great… (downloading)

6. Once all 8 files are downloaded, the downloader will stop at about 95%

For me it stopped at 100% and then said something about "Product files not found" (I guess that's the .exe)

Glups, I hope this doesn't mean that we all should redownload everything... :pray:

This must have already been described somewhere, but I assume we should uninstall the beta completely before installing the full release, right? That will mean uninstalling from Programs & Features, and then deleting the ToH install folder that holds the beta patches. Should we also delete the ToH folder in My Documents?

Preload downloading now. Thank you, BIS!!!

The Installer of full version should detect installed preorder beta and offer you "upgrade". You will not have to even enter the Cd key again.

The Installer of full version should detect installed preorder beta and offer you "upgrade". You will not have to even enter the Cd key again.

Now THAT is awesome :D

Thanks

it's these simple things that made me fall in love with BIS (noHomo! :p)

For me it stopped at 100% and then said something about "Product files not found" (I guess that's the .exe)

Yes,

it is waiting for the exe.

When the game is released just run this sprocket.exe again and it will download the exe.

sooo what about the poor souls like me who ordered the beta via simmarket? do we get a nice pre-load benefit aswell or do we have to wait till tomorrow to start loading?

sooo what about the poor souls like me who ordered the beta via simmarket? do we get a nice pre-load benefit aswell or do we have to wait till tomorrow to start loading?
Ask Simmarket :D

Support the developer, order at Sprocket ONLY! :D

Typical BIS: ahead of their time, totally awesome, and kick-ass. No fuss, no muss, no hassle. No wonder there weren't any complicated beta uninstall directions; smart upgrade tech already developed!!! :D

Just got home and started to download it, 6 hours and waiting...

I'm wandering if BIS people would be soooooo niiiice :notworthy: to provide this bunch of fans a estimated upload hour for that wonderful file left from the preload?

I know, I konw, I'm an ass kisser... :p

The Game (and the final file) will be released tomorrow at 15:30 CEST (time in Prague, Czech Republic).

The file itself has just 150MBs.

Oh, now I happen to be emotional, I can't hold myself, ooh I'm so happy :pet5::cry2::yeahthat:

We want the FUNK

Give up the FUNK

We need the FUNK

We gotta have the FUNK

We want the ToH

We gotta have the ToH.....

UypeE3zTwBs

The light heli won't fly as far as the Mothership, but it will more than do for now.

Just got home to download.. Only 1 hour and 45 mins :D

EU (GB Mirror) < 1991kb/s

Edited by konyo
Added Mirror & Speed

Any idea why my download location changed to My Documents\Sprocket ?

First time I started the download program it let me choose the location (I chose a folder in D:). But now later when I restarted the downloader it went straight to My Documents in C: with 0% progress.

EDIT:

I deleted a key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SprocketDownloader\Dirs so the downloader let me choose the right download folder again. Resumed the download successfully.

Edited by Rok

It did the same to me. Luckily I had the space availible.

add: The second time I ran sprocket.exe with admin privilidges.

4 hours remaining on the download! hasn't slowed a bit. (thank god)

I'm sick of waiting. Literally.

Staying up late last couple of nights plus getting up extra early this morning combined to make me feel shitty today.

Dam you BIS and your fun games ! :p