Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Downloading the Full game - Sprocket

Good answer. Will we get an email letting us know it is ready for dl or should we refresh the sprocket dl page every 5 minutes? LOL

Quick question.. We will have to download the whole game yeah? 20gb etc?

So will we need to uninstall the beta. Or when downloading the full game, will it overwrite the beta files?

Dear customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Take On Helicopters from Sprocketidea.com.

As a reward, we are pleased to grant you access to the Pre-order Beta of Take On Helicopters.

Please note that the pre-order beta and later the full game will share the same License Key.

Also bear in mind that downloading the pre-order beta will have no influence on the download of the full game (you will have to download the game once it is released as there will be no patch for the preorder-beta to transform it into the full game).

:suspicious:

Quick question.. We will have to download the whole game yeah? 20gb etc?

So will we need to uninstall the beta. Or when downloading the full game, will it overwrite the beta files?

You will need to download the whole game, yes.

It should automatically allow you to uninstall the beta but if not, it is recommended to do so manually.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Good answer. Will we get an email letting us know it is ready for dl or should we refresh the sprocket dl page every 5 minutes? LOL

Jan from Sprocket is going to send you an email plus post on the forums so no need to torture your F5 key.

It should automatically allow you to uninstall the beta but if not, it is recommended to do so manually.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Jan from Sprocket is going to send you an email plus post on the forums so no need to torture your F5 key.

Whoo! Great thanks, just time to wait for an email now..

Ohhh also.. Will the controls stay the same? Or shall we make a backup file of our profiles?

Edited by konyo

Hopefully this will be this evening so that people can start to download it 48 hours before the release day.

Yes, that is the plan. There are various unexpected obstacles so hard to tell any ETA. If it is not this evening, tomorrow morning at the latest the preload should begin.

We have upgraded the bandwidth significantly in the meantime for the release so hopefully it is going to work together with the pre-load.

Yes, that is the plan. There are various unexpected obstacles so hard to tell any ETA. If it is not this evening, tomorrow morning at the latest the preload should begin.

We have upgraded the bandwidth significantly in the meantime for the release so hopefully it is going to work together with the pre-load.

Awesome! Thanks

:yay:

So after all, there is a technical problem preventing preload tonight.

However, all seems to go well so tomorrow morning (GMT+2) it should finally go live.

So after all, there is a technical problem preventing preload tonight.

However, all seems to go well so tomorrow morning (GMT+2) it should finally go live.

Whoo! thanks i will be downloading the pre load while im at work then :P

looks like Steam users who had the beta are getting the full version - or at least this one is

thank you BI and ToH developers - much appreciated

Yeah, well us Sprocketeers will get future updates faster and maybe even beta patches that aren't compatible with the steam version. (sorry to turd on your parade) :P

Also by using Sprocket instead of steam it shows we love BIS more. (BIS gets more of the funds w/o having to pay Steam)

Either way, I am sure we will all be playing by release day.

Mine seems to be dloading now on steam. its 16gb so thats my best guess as what it is. yay.

Steam is pre-loading here.

I guess the files will be unpacked/decrypted at release time.

Thanks.

Edited by BoneBoys

I've just realized something about the Sprocket download:

By default, the Sprocket downloader stores the installation files on C: drive under My Documents. So this means I will need to make sure I have 16-17GB of free space on C:, right? That's gonna be difficult. :(

Is there a way to make the sprocket downloader load to a different location instead?

The sprocket version avaliable now then?

Where/How do we get to download page of it?

Edited by konyo

The sprocket version avaliable now then?

No, it's not available yet. I'm just planning ahead. :)

Sprocket refresh 1 = Nothing :)

Sprocket refresh 2 (5 minutes after 1) = Nothing :pray:

Sprocket refresh 3 (4 minutes after 2) = Nothing :o

Sprocket refresh 4 (3 minutes after 3) = Nothing :pet5:

Sprocket refresh 5 (2 minutes after 4) = Nothing :omg:

Sprocket refresh 6 (1 minute after 5) = Nothing :cry:

arrrghj!!! I'm not seeing anything in Sprocket why whyyyyy!!! :k:

:hang: