Gangsta692

Saitek Cyborg FLY 5 Joystick

Hello there. I pre-ordered ToH and started playing the beta. I enjoyed it, and got myself the Saitek Cyborg X Fly 5 joystick, but I'm having a lot of trouble setting the controls. Does anybody have this joystick? If so, could you maybe take a few screenshots of your setup?

The throttle is very weird, it'll go jumping up and down sometimes, and seems to be dead at the middle of throttle on the joystick.

Going forward, backwards and to the sides I get very little response. I can only fly about 50 mph and that's when I constantly have the joystick pointing forward.. Getting tired of that.

What is a deadzone(or what you call it?)? The screen that appears under controller --> Customize.. Can somebody explain the options I have there?

Can you help me? Any suggestions? I really want to fly but I just can't right now.. Will the full game support a variety of joysticks? That would be optimal, most reasonable.

Thanks in advance!

A deadzone is a zone where the control in question is not responsive. For atleast the collective, you should set the deadzone to nothing, thats full left on the ingame controller settings. Collective is what you have assigned on the throttle slider or axis, or at least should have. There is no analog throttle in this game. Its states are closed, idle and full. Sensitivity is just what it says, how sensitive the control is. go full left and you get less of a response for small input, go full right and you get a bigger response for a small input.

It sounds like you have autohover on. set it off either from the action menu or press the button thats assigned to it. I don't remember the default key, but scrolling on your mouse wheel should open the action menu.

If you are still having trouble with the collective, make sure you have set both collective up and collective down axises, the plus and the minus that is.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

It just occured to me that you migh have a lower difficulty setting. That would affect the flying too I suppose. If you want a helicopter experience, don't have difficulty set to the lowest or ditch the automatic hovers and the likes.

Alright then. I'll try funking around with the controls again, see if I have autohover on. And yes, I was playing on Trainee, I'll try bumping it up once if the other stuff doesn't help. Thanks, and keep them replies coming!

Going forward, backwards and to the sides I get very little response. I can only fly about 50 mph and that's when I constantly have the joystick pointing forward.. Getting tired of that.

Thanks in advance!

Switch off auto hover.

Thank my slow assed browser for not seeing your last post and making me master of stating the obvious.

You should not use the throttle, it's just 0%, idle or full. What you want to use is the cyclic.

Thank you so much! Auto hover was on. Everything is silky smooth now, and I'm havin the best time :D

And yes my bad for calling it the throttle, what I meant was the cyclic and it is working just as it should now. Can't wait for the full game!

Thanks again

Hi there,

Are there any free ONLINE games that I can play with the F.L.Y joystick?  Can you let me know the URL's.

Thanks!!