Sign in to follow this  
esfumato

Joysticks Track IR and accessories for Arma 2

Hello I was interested to buy a joystick or some accesorie to pilot efficiently the helicopters in the game.

Someone knows a good one that allows you to make ratating movements that you can't do using the keyboard, also fly at low height at high speeds.

Something like this.

Arma helicopters are perfectly flyable with Mouse+keyboard.

Things might change in Arma 3 when they introduce realistic flight. I even fly DCS Black Shark with Mouse+ Keyboard only^^

Me too, but with keyboard + mouse, you can't get the helicopters efficiently.

Is harder to go close to the ground at high speed, and is really hard to make quik turn arounds.

You can take a look at this video of what I mean. This Pilot fly and aim lot easier than a keyboard + mouse Pilot. He can even aim with the Machinegun!!

Track IR + Saitek X52 Pro

Edited by Esfumato

Me too, but with keyboard + mouse, you can't get the helicopters efficiently.

Is harder to go close to the ground at high speed, and is really hard to make quik turn arounds.

You can take a look at this video of what I mean. This Pilot fly and aim lot easier than a keyboard + mouse Pilot. He can even aim with the Machinegun!!

Track IR + Saitek X52 Pro

So can I. Use the Mouse for soft corrections and the keyboard for hard turns. You only need a little practice.

I was also asking myself if I should get a Joystick, but Arma and DCS would be the only games where I could really use it. And it would take up to much space on my desk. (I don´t have much space here due to my Monitor).

the guys asks for things like joysticks and trackIR, and you Tonci are basically saying there is no need for it? really?

Get a saitek x52 pro (best bang for the buck) or the Hotas Warthdog (especially if you own DCS a10).

If you want a cheaper joystikc (that has simulated pedals), get the Logitech 3d pro

I think I expressed myself wrong^^

If he really wants a Joystick, then he should absolutely get one, I´m just saying that it doesn´t really pay off just for Arma. (I don´t own A10, but Black Shark and I think that I could fly even better with a proper Joystick, but DCS is a real simulation, while flying in Arma is rather easy)

If you only plan to fly in Arma rather than other games, I might get some boos and hisses, but using an xbox360 pad works very well for arma.

Dont boo me, I do own an x52 and i own a flight yoke, but to my utter disbelief, i do not own pedals :-(

I use a logitech wingman extreme, I've had this stick for at least 10 years and never had a problem with it, very cheep to buy and great to fly choppers with, you dont need pedals ( twist the stick for rudder) low flying is all to do with throttle control and this stick works for me as i sit back from the monitor and rest the stick on my leg using my thumb to control the throttle.

I use a logitech wingman extreme, I've had this stick for at least 10 years and never had a problem with it, very cheep to buy and great to fly choppers with, you dont need pedals ( twist the stick for rudder) low flying is all to do with throttle control and this stick works for me as i sit back from the monitor and rest the stick on my leg using my thumb to control the throttle.

Show you are using the joystick as a mouse.

Do you have any real improvement only with a joystick?

Arma helicopters are perfectly flyable with Mouse+keyboard.

I think you were pretty spot on, its just what your used to, I fly any aircraft in Arma using the setup I have, can even choose to use the mini joypad on the side of the Razer if I want (I don’t), I use the mouse for steering/firing and the Razer for virtually the rest, keyboard every now and then if I’m leisure flying.

But if a joystick rocks your boat then get a joystick, its all good, provided you don’t crash...

Show you are using the joystick as a mouse.

Do you have any real improvement only with a joystick?

I have never used the mouse to fly ofp arma and now arma 2 I always used a joystick so i couldn't really say, however i can say i can fly the nuts of anything with this stick, ofp hind was the most fun though.

I think it's much more fun with a joystick and trackir.

I can fly with mouse / keyboard, but it's not as good as with joystick. Gives me more immersion (correct spelled??) when I play.

With the TrackIR it even gets better, since you don't have to push any buttons or move you're aiming to look around.

Absolutly brilliant if you fly.

No you don't NEED any of them, but it makes the hole gaming experience better.

This is just my personal preference.

Hi, i fly with Keyboard+Mouse and i can achive good things but im prety sure that with a joystick i'll get more resoults and will have a more fun than with the K&M; i'd spoke with players that said that they didn't had any problem with PS style pads, and they had a very good kill ratio on the roster to prove it, aside of entertain us with their very impresive and risky maniouvers while providing CAS with the AV-8s.

If you practice... you can get good resoults with any method, but the joystick is clearly the best one. Let's C ya

360 controller. It's the business for helicopters and vehicles and completely supported by the game. Gives analogue control of thrust and movement. Great with TrackIR.

360 controller. It's the business for helicopters and vehicles and completely supported by the game. Gives analogue control of thrust and movement. Great with TrackIR.

Arma supports analogue thrust?

I thought its 0% - 50% -100%

Arma supports analogue thrust?

I thought its 0% - 50% -100%

Yep, with the 360 remote. At least I think it does, it's certainly not a 3 settings affair. It feels like a linear response.