Sign in to follow this  
Leopardi

Singleplayer with epic plot

There are only two Warfare missions in Harvest Red.

I bought myself a BRDM in the first one and a BMP in the second and beat it with a minimum of warfare arcadery.

There are only two Warfare missions in Harvest Red.

I bought myself a BRDM in the first one and a BMP in the second and beat it with a minimum of warfare arcadery.

The second I realized that I need to "buy" my weapons, was the second all the immersion just died for me.

The second I realized that I need to "buy" my weapons, was the second all the immersion just died for me.

Not mentioning that the enemy had infinite respawns

Worst of CoD design on 225 sq.km scale

Didn't Guba have one of those in CWC? ArmA 3 needs more of these. :ok:

lol hav u even plaied ofp he had too plan b dead angyelina lawl

Funny..I thought the scale of the small proxy war felt large not so much because of the area but because of the campaign length. Nu no nukes, the super weapon scenario is sooo overdone these days, maybe something more like experiencing the war from the viewpoint of our player character.

lol hav u even plaied ofp he had too plan b dead angyelina lawl

Well he had zero after I got through with him. :rolleyes:

Hi, i'll be happy enough with a long campaign that makes sense and that be adjusted to the armed forces procedures; without weapons dealers and all that rubbish... . Also with separated campaigns for each branch, if you're a grunt then do grunt's things; if you're a light cavalry unit as a driver or so then do LC things always inside a vehicle.

If you're a transport chopper pilot then stick to the transport choppers, if you're an attack chopper pilot... then stick to the attack choppers; in the same way that if you're an attack or transport plane pilot, then be a transport or attack plane pilot but don't switch from one to another.

I'm personaly very tired of the campaigns were you begin as a grunt and end as a four stars general after have passed by all the possible roles b**** included, for get to be the four stars general that you never wanted to be. Let's C ya

Edited by wipman

Dialogue with a sense of humour please.

You know when you are looking at all those mass graves or your dismembered buddies or some local milk maid squeezing a cows udders.

Witty dialogue>high drama.

Dialogue with a sense of humour please.

or your dismembered buddies

Witty dialogue>high drama.

Private...

horatioglasspose.jpg

I said 'pull yourself together'.

43f64_ORIG-csi_miami_yeah.jpg

I absolutely do not want any ridiculous "characters" - thank you very much. And the only "atmosphere" I want is that which may or may not come from BIS's attention to _realistic_ details. Harvest Red and the BAF campaign had more than enough "character" and the idea of Hollywood atmosphere and character development does NOT need to be taken any further in ArmA.

Additionally, the only "story" I want in ArmA3 is the scenario briefing which should simply explain each operation and the mission at hand with a little background history to the situation. All executed in a professional military style.

I don't want cut-scenes of some "character" called Ltn. Chuck Mantell, having flashbacks from his experiences 30 years earlier while serving in Chernarus and vowing to kill all insurgents on the island of Lemnos for what happened to his grandma two years ago and for his daughter being accidentally killed by a still active 19th century Bear trap while he and his family were on a trekking day-trip in the outbacks of Alaska.

I really do not understand some people on this forum. If you want Battlefield...GO PLAY IT!

I for one want a hardcore consumer Milsim. That's all I want from BBIS and ArmA 3. No more and no less.

Fortunately BI doesn't agree with above. :)

By the way, I think you'd like Battlefield like no tomorrow because that game, if any, has no relevant plot or story to the main course that is multiplayer games against intelligent opponents. You'd have the chance to go all pro with no bullshit stories between your missions.

Edited by Celery

Fortunately BI doesn't agree with above. :)

By the way, I think you'd like Battlefield like no tomorrow because that game, if any, has no relevant plot or story to the main course that is multiplayer games against intelligent opponents. You'd have the chance to go all pro with no bullshit stories between your missions.

I prefer CounterStrike Source form my arcade FPS action, thanks.

For storey driven character based fun, I play games like Half Life 2, Bioshock and Fallout.

I prefer Left 4 Dead for my Zombie drama action.

And when I fancy "playing" a military simulator, I go with ArmA. It's the only one out there and I'd like it kept that way and not have BIS trying to make it something it can never be.

The singleplayer in ARMA has always been boring, because it's just trying to simulate war and that's basically it. CWC was completely different, why go for this imaginationless approach? I'm playing MP for simulating war, and SP for the atmosphere and plot-twisted story. And please, none of that unit commanding. Leave that for MP or some single missions. I just want to be a grunt surviving in an epic story and enjoy it without thinking like mad.

Then u must play the other game.

ARMA always was and will be about realism (not so hardcore, but still).

Then u must play the other game.

ARMA always was and will be about realism (not so hardcore, but still).

I do not agree :) ArmA is where it is now beacuse of it's niche and PC only status. The dev's kept the realism parts in order to distiguish themselves from other FPS.

Note the departure from present times, the introduction of the near future and the "farfetched" scenario of Iran mauling Europe. I see this as an atempt by the developers to slightly detach themselves from the extremist "realismuh" and "simulator" stamps that ArmA got from the rivet counters.

They could have portraied another regional war in some former soviet republic or some arab country, but they didn't. They went all the way ... WW3, nukes and Iran stomping Europe. A scenario for which I respect BIS even more :)

@ghost101... I fully agree.

Additionally, the only "story" I want in ArmA3 is the scenario briefing which should simply explain each operation and the mission at hand with a little background history to the situation. All executed in a professional military style.

I'd be happy with that..

I tried playing Harvest Red again last night and stopped after destroying the comms because I forgot how stupid the voice acting sounded... It tries to come across as witty and funny but it just cheesy and painful to listen too.

I hope they do not do the same for A3, leave that to the pros like Rockstar, Arma should just be all about business, maybe doco style voice over or with realistic military sounding communications... But please no attempts at hollywood humor and wit, it sounds unbelievably fake to the point I can't play it, and hollywood=crap.

Small rant, who cares Arma is only about the editor and now MP for me :D

Edited by Katipo66

I to would like a better campaign. I liked ArmA 1's campaign, ArmA 2 I never finished due to bugs. OA was okay, though not great. I would prefer the missions to feature larger scale operations rather than small scale operations. Most FPS games can not compete with ArmA in terms of scale and all of the other units (tanks, APCs ect.). A somewhat decent story would be nice, but it is not that important.

would be nice to have some sort of platoon campaign for scalability. managing a platoon is tough work and I think this is the only game that can manage that scale of fighting.

Personally, commanding is a pain in the assneck. I'd rather just get a rifle and some boots and get thrown into a war, OFP style.