Sign in to follow this  
tom3kb

[CAMP-SP] Desert Fever

Hi.

I always want to play a campaign where player is "bad guy" from Takistani Army. Therefore 7 days ago i started making this campaign.

This is my first campaign in English (I earlier released 12 campaigns for polish community). I dont speak or write to good in this language so probably you can find mistakes in briefings and in texts. Sorry for that.

Short info about this campaign.

-7 mission single player campaign,

-intro, outro, couple short cutscens,

-mission language english, but i dont speak or write to good in this language [for that reason the storyline is simple, and briefings are short :( ],

-you can change weapons in briefing,

-you play as soldier in Takistani Army, and you fight against US Army and NATO forces during Operation Arrowhead,

-missions are rather basic: destroy convoy, destroy enemy forces, defend position, search and rescue, search and find documents, destroy vehicles, prepare ambush and use ied etc.

-no voice acting :(

In all missions you probably can find some small bugs, im tested all missions and you can finish this campaign with no problems, but if something is wrong restart mission or use cheat "endmission" or "campaign",

If you find any bugs, errors or mistakes in briefings send feedback and i will try to fix all bugs in next version.

Links: Campaign Desert Fever v1.0

http://www.sendspace.pl/file/0d2eb38fe1df6e766ff9f4d (click on blue circle "pobierz" to start download)

Armaholic mirror: Desert Fever v1.0

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15414

tom3kb

Edited by tom3kb

sounds great ! i take a look

mhh i downloaded and copied in the campaign folder but arma dont show me this

can you make a pbo?

Edited by Daio

Are you sure that you put DesertFever folder not tom3kb\DesertFever to campaigns folder. And you put for sure to "campaigns" not in "campaign". Im plaiying this campaign now and all is ok. Yesterday i checked this campaign on my 2nd pc and all was ok to. So probably you copy/paste somthing wrong. :)

Edited by tom3kb

confusing

i createt a new folder "campaigns" and put in your folder and now it works

my other campaign folder for downloaded campaigns is

arma2/cmp/campaigns/

there i put in all pbos from downloaded campigns and load the cmp folder over the shortcut like a mod this works nomally

thank you

No problem :) im happy that all is ok now. Have fun :).

Ps: if you want lunch this campaign as a mod du this, for example: in arma2 main folder ->new folder @tom3kb and in this folder new campaigns folder and now copy DesertFever there. You know the rest ;)

For example:

c:\arma2\@tom3kb\campaigns\DesertFever and add to arma2oa.exe -mod=@tom3kb that should work if not you must put it in arma2\campaigns.

Ps2:

Armaholic mirror: Desert Fever v1.0

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15414

Edited by tom3kb

Hi tom

congrats to the release. As soon as I can I gonna try it out. Been working relentlessly on my own campaign. Slow but steady progress.

cheers

So far so good........ although in the mission counterattack I can't for the life of me recapture the first town (Garmand????? ) Managed to take out alll the guys in the second town and destroyed all the vehicles clearing the objective but I still can't manage to complete the first one... Have you hidden anyone somewhere on the map? do you have to search for the A10 to make sure the pilots dead (although most likely the plane crashed outside the mission sector and if so my mission would fail) Can you please helpo or just script in a scufd launcher so I can nuke the whole place :) Help would be appreciated.... great campaign thus far!

@Avabrew

I just checked this mission. I suggest to check all bunkers/fortifications [check bunker in south part of city 091066], you dont find all enemy soldiers in first town and this is why task is not completed. Search the backyards, sometimes its hard to find 1 or 2 soldiers, and you dont have to destroy planes/helicopters to end this mission, you must destroy only infantry in 2 towns. :)

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Ps: Plans or helicopters you must destroy if you have such task in briefing [but you dont have to kill pilots, if you must destroy armored vehicles/tanks you dont have to kill crew you must destroy only vehicles].

Im glad that you like my campaign. :)

Hi tom

I had a go on Ambush. Wow this was quite intense.

My team suffered heavy casualties. Just 1 made it out alive. I would say that this mission is more of an hasty ambush because I lack the time to get everthing well organized. I micro managed my team in covered position as best as I could. Laid some satchel charges. got back to the truck and got me an RPG. Than the massacre started. One of the Abrams came through. He chewed up my team in no time. We were slaughtered one by one. Holy shit.

The time schedule until the convoy arrives is very tight to get well organized which makes this mission very challenging. I hate loosing men when I'm in command but to prevail the situation I had to put up all firepower I could come up with. I managed to destroy the surving Abrams at the certain point in the early stages, which was the keypoint for the mission success. Managed to eliminate all vehicles but always loosing men in the process.

Great mission. Couldn't find any bugs. Had one script error in a camera.sqs but couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Now I'm playing with no script errors enabled. Great campaign so far. Saw that you released four new campaigns on the same day awhile back. LOL:D

@nettrucker

I know about that camera.sqs error wenn show script error is on, someone write about this in my Racs sp mission pack thread. I dont know what is wrong, maybe its becose I use very old camera.sqs script from ofp time :), maybe thats the reason. But this error dont do nothing wrong.

Ps: i have 6 more campaigns on my hdd to translate but i dont know when i realese them :)

tom3b thank you for this campaign! I played throu only the first mission and already I wanted to appreciate my gratitude since I was having so much fun. Finally an OPFOR campaign!

I hope you are working on the next campaign?

@Variable

Ps: After break from editor, I started making Opfor campaign for Invasion44 (simple missions nothing big) but i dont know when i end/release this one.

Ps2:If you like play ass Opfor you can try my Battlefield Takistan campaign. In this campaign you play as Takistani soldier, insurgent, Ksk and Czech soldier and US tank commander.