Sign in to follow this  
xman1

Seattle is very well rendered

I have to say this is one of the best renderings of Seattle I have seen yet (minus a lot of boat traffic). It has everything from the Seattle Aquarium to Gas Works Park rendered. Most impressive.

Short answer - awesome job guys! This is one of the best cities in the world for a flying sim having everything from nearly 15,000 mountains to many lakes and plenty of ocean front. This also makes it probably one of the hardest cities in the world to render and place objects and I think you guys nailed it!

One last thing, the buildings are not just generic buildings.... Noooo!!!! They are almost duplicates of the real buildings that are there! I can't believe it! That must have took ages! Outside of the generic houses here and there, no building looks identical. Most impressive scenery.

-X

they have access to visitor 4 etc, which takes the terrain data and then boxes the buildings etc.. from there they touch it up... but best of all they actually know how to use the tool since they pretty much created it :D

I landed at Gasworks Park although the hill was Flat (kinda disappointing) but the view from there was perfect, taken many pics from that hill to the city and it looks good!