Sign in to follow this  
instagoat

Arma 3 Case Mod

Not what you thought it was.

In anticipation of the lame screaming guy with gun photo on the case (no offense, bis) I went ahead and built a CD case with a "blue" theme for Arma 3.

Inspirations come from the BF3 header with the soldier walking towards the camera, as well as the Arma 3 theme BI has already set up for us.

The case features a rather crudely drawn SBS/Skull logo on the back, and a unique artwork on the front, built using lightly overpainted screenshots, as well as stock-pictures found on the web. As such, think of it as a photo collage.

Hope that me making a new thread for this is okay, as I felt this didn´t belong into the wallpapers thread.

5Vkonl.jpg

Full Size here: http://i.imgur.com/5Vkon.jpg

Edit: Corrected typo in motto. Sry SBS, shit happens

Edited by InstaGoat

I really hope they do a better job on the Arma3 cover art than with the previous games. If I had my way, it would look just like the Arma X one. :)

I really hope they do a better job on the Arma3 cover art than with the previous games. If I had my way, it would look just like the Arma X one. :)

+1. I always liked clean/tidy not so epic game/film posters. No offence to you InstaGoat, but i wouldn't buy a product in a case like you posted

+1. I always liked clean/tidy not so epic game/film posters. No offence to you InstaGoat, but i wouldn't buy a product in a case like you posted

That´s okay, it´s what I like, after all. Everybody has their own preferences.

Part of the intention of starting this thread was to get some discussion going, as to what kind of case people would most like. What I did there´s sort of a sketch. I think what everyone can agree on, though, is that future Arma artwork should be less noisy than it´s been.

The screaming soldier is a bit overrated and overdone by now. The Arma X case-art is a good step in the right direction, I think. Less is more.

You spelt Strength (Strenght) wrong and the logo is like an upside down ultramarine logo. :P

Front cover isn't so bad though.

You spelt Strength (Strenght) wrong and the logo is like an upside down ultramarine logo. :P

Front cover isn't so bad though.

Wow my bad. :V Will fix asap.

The omega is a reference to objective omega, as referenced on the Arma 3 page.

Edited by InstaGoat

I personally prefer the clean look. Although I do like the cover for my arma 2 CO. I personally thought they did a good job with making it. It felt like a high quality game in my hands :) (which it is).

I have to say I am quite happy with the artwork we have seen so far! :)

253618_196645393715532_192181357495269_479124_4118960_n.jpg

well.. to be honest, you see a slight "inspiration" but it still looks very nice!

Edited by PurePassion

i wouldn't buy a product in a case like you posted

You wouldn't buy Arma3 because of cover? :eek: For me personally, cover design never made a difference. I never buy stuff blindly, I always check the net for info. Game series I already know and love, I will buy blindly, disregarding how it looks, if only to support the devs.

Im with PuFu and the others for the clean sharp and less generic angry army guy ArmAX look

edit that "upside down ultramarines" logo is know as omega :p

You wouldn't buy Arma3 because of cover? :eek: For me personally, cover design never made a difference. I never buy stuff blindly, I always check the net for info. Game series I already know and love, I will buy blindly, disregarding how it looks, if only to support the devs.

ArmA3 is an exception, because i sort of know what to expect. no need to take my words out of context. Besides, i am sure i would get de sprocket version.

What i meant to say is: if i were to buy a product based on its case, i wouldn't buy one resembling the one Insta posted

Covers should tell what something is about. Arma's covers do not.

I remember when arma2 came out, someone made an awesome custom cover. ACU camo with a bit of grunge, it was simple and clean. It didn't have no ultra cheesy sweaty airsofter on the cover either.

I have to say I am quite happy with the artwork we have seen so far! :)

253618_196645393715532_192181357495269_479124_4118960_n.jpg

well.. to be honest, you see a slight "inspiration" but it still looks very nice!

The inspiration looks better imo :P

Covers should tell what something is about. Arma's covers do not.

I remember when arma2 came out, someone made an awesome custom cover. ACU camo with a bit of grunge, it was simple and clean. It didn't have no ultra cheesy sweaty airsofter on the cover either.

How about cover with a guy sitting on his ass in front of a computer in a dark room with a big bag of dorrito's beside him and a 2 litre bottle of coke between his legs?

Personally I'd stick with the airsoft.....

I know what will solve this... hot chicks and guns.

The solution to every problem

The solution to every problem

Hmmm....doesn't work for me:

chicks-with-guns-feminist-demotivational-poster-1272120807.jpg

tumblr_lo5dxwwhyC1qkwgaao1_500.jpg

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Cool graphic InstaGoat, but i think the cover should portray a bit of openness of the world or something, somehow showing the point of difference from all other FPS games, kind off angled to those who may not know the game as opposed to us fanbroz :D

Maybe something like a soldier standing on a hill overlocking a fierce battle in the distance?

i'd like to see a cover with other color than blue, orange and yellow ... seriously how about a cover like vietcong 2 ? or world in conflict ?

I liked the German OA Cover. It reminded me of OP Flashpoint

http://12.img-preis.de/719117/Hardware/PC-Spiele/ARMA-2-Operation-Arrowhead-PC-Computerspiele-Strategiepsiel.jpg

BIS should make a community contest for the best Cover design.

haven't read all the thread or OP original post. but i gather you are talking about the box design and changing it to OP type design. No, don't like it. too hoolywood.

I like the one Tonci posted for the German cover. that tone is perfect for ArmA