Sign in to follow this  
adrian858

Boxed Version

I haven't been able to find anything about the subject yet, and I've tried looking. Is TKOH only going to be available online for purchase and download? Or will there be a boxed version coming out too?

Thanks.

Hi there..

a friend of mine has NO internet, YES thats TRUE, and I want to ask, if he wanna PLAY TKOH is he always NEED internet to play?

Yes, cool thx for answer, so, there a TWO new Flyers on board! ;-)

Will it follow same scheme as A2/OA, where you can either activate it online then never need disc, or never activate it and disc is required for some time?

Will it follow same scheme as A2/OA, where you can either activate it online then never need disc, or never activate it and disc is required for some time?

I would say so, hopefully. In fact cannot see a reason why this is not the case.

I just wonder if anyone in the UK is going to be distributing the disk, I would of thought GAME would have, but it may just be them being lazy again and releasing it on disk a month after it has come out worldwide.

EDIT: noticed game CZ are selling it, wonder if game uk has asked?

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Looks to me like Bohemia needs to do a little more promotion. Phonecalls, emails..etc

I literally had to hound the hell out of the North American publisher of Arma 2/Arrowhead (Meridian4) to get a copy in Canada and Meridian4 is IN Canada!

No, there is no permanent internet connection required to play Take On.

Although I think you will need a one-time internet connection for product activation via Securom authentication servers.

And yes, Maruk (or someone else) confirmed somewhere on the forums that eventually they will patch out the DRM few months(?) after release, just like the Arma series.

I have emailed game in the UK today to see if they are going to sell the boxed version in the UK in stores. Will post their reply when I get the email.

Dan;2043501']I have emailed game in the UK today to see if they are going to sell the boxed version in the UK in stores. Will post their reply when I get the email.

Any news on UK retail release??

na they havent got back to me, I will give them a few days then I will email them again.

We are going to release any information concerning boxed product availability as soon as we have it.

However, at this time and for this product (perceived as kind of niche (helicopter sim) within a niche (PC games)) online release goes first, with some limited volume distribution of boxed products arranged in coming weeks (so far mostly specialized stores are interested).

Boxed PC games are not really something received with enthusiasm by mainstream gaming retailers these days, especially in this high season for all the bix (mostly) console releases towards Christmas season.

At this stage, the options are either to go digital (where in our case you can easily play the same game offline, eventually some time after release we even remove the activations to make sure the game you purchased is not depending on some form of online service that may not be available later) or wait until either specialized or more mainstream retailer carries the game in your country.

Hi Maruk,

Thanks for the information, could I ask in that case can I buy a boxed version direct then? Happy to pay postage to get it to the UK.

Cheers

FOD

Like I said, I will keep emailing GAME about every 2 days till I get a reply about it, if you want to help, email them too so they will have the demand. no reply today so I will email them tommorow night if no reply.

I already emailed them this mornign but no reply and no retailers in the UK on the list of dist's :-(

I wonder if BIS is going to offer them the choice to distribute in the UK, after all GAMe own gamestation as well and have a lot of stores.

It is not about who we allow to distribute really :)

However, there are some news about boxed distribution available soon.

The outcome however more likely is something like:

* Czech Republic - November

* Germany - December

* Other countries - December, January 12, February 12 depending on particular distributor

Of course, all dates are subject to change as usual.

BIS,

I don't have any market study but don't you think it would be beneficial to everyone if you, that is BIS, provide us, that is the TOH Community, with at least a Czech Republic store willing to ship worldwide (in English please, Google translate is fine but when it comes down to contracts it puts me a little bit nervous) so that We can have the boxed version ASAP rather than waiting for the standard local distribution?

Isaac

BIS,

I don't have any market study but don't you think it would be beneficial to everyone if you, that is BIS, provide us, that is the TOH Community, with at least a Czech Republic store willing to ship worldwide (in English please, Google translate is fine but when it comes down to contracts it puts me a little bit nervous) so that We can have the boxed version ASAP rather than waiting for the standard local distribution?

Isaac

If you do not mind Czech manual and Czech box, I guess this makes sense :)

Auch that hurts... ok, I guess we can say that I can wait... :p

Just a thought, I know with other online download software you can have the option to order backup hardcopy, so you get sent everything but not a second licence, can this be done so that us UK guys can purchase and download the software now and have a boxed version in the post as soon as its available?? just a thought

:-)