Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 85434

Are we thinking in the consequences in the balance of the game, in the balance of the mission design?

I mean, it's very good to fix these long standing bugs, but we should also think how the gameplay is going to change, once #11479 and #20441 are both fixed.

I agree on "pain animations" or better visuals of hit and maybe stagger. But most 5.56 shots at 200m be kill shots? Enemy side wears armor too, we're not fighting civilian miltia units, but an armed force.

Takistan militia doesn't look very armored to me. Setup wise, some military infantry (mostly US?) have better protection in the game already, which is absolutely fine. But if civilians or generic arab militia are having problems like the one we talk about here, something feels wrong.

In my opinion ArmA should be about making it very challenging to hit a target (taking into account bullet drop, breathing sway, recoil and leading over distance), but once you made that and actually scored a hit, it should be really rewarding most of the time.

Compare the M24 and the L115 sniper rifles in-game and tell me which one feels "right" at the moment.

Well with all this fixes and long time issues fixed playing online with version 1.59 is no option anymore...you can't go back to middle ages when you have seen the future.

Waiting for full patch...we need it urgently.

Well with all this fixes and long time issues fixed playing online with version 1.59 is no option anymore...you can't go back to middle ages when you have seen the future.

+1 :)

+1 :)

...I want to play online with all the benefits of recent betas ASAP :D

I agree on "pain animations" or better visuals of hit and maybe stagger.

Nothing beats how the AI in the orig Ghost Recon react to being hit. You know they're toast from the first instant the projectile hits them.

When I see blood splatter on AI, then I will now change target, because I know he won't be able to shoot for shit anymore.

I agree. When I see blood spatter from the face or head... or almost anywhere for that matter.... that should be a good enough signal that I can change target. That AI is either dead or badly wounded and should no longer be a threat at distance.

Hm what do you mean?

If you have an account and are logged in, you should be able a new ticket.

1) Select type Feature

2) Wrote down a meaningful header as summary

3) Enter a brief but precise description of the idea

4) Select category if you find a suitable one

done