Sign in to follow this  
DAP

ARMA 2 - Realistic Paradrop

That is probably cause by the code not having a handle try :-

null=[C130,8000] execVM "Daponboard\Scripts\Onboard\AIPilot.sqf;

although a plane will fly at 8000m it probably won't follow any waypoints.

Would it be possible to set this up so that it's available at any time in a mission? Basically what I'm looking to do is set it so that while players are gearing up, they can get a chute from the box along with guns, ammo, etc, THEN board on a plane and fly out (human pilot) for their jump. A lot of our operations start with a gear up/brieifing time, then we set out. Starting out in the plane would be hard for us as there is no gearing up time.

You could add a trigger that adds an action to the aircraft to call the script when you're say closer than 3meters to the aircraft?

It's possible to make it more realistic but I think it's a small price to pay. We had exactly the same issue last night for our MP mission as we use RSLO loadouts.

Awesome! :)

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

I just used a simple paradrop with gamelogic and "AND" waypoints( 1sec apart) synced to group detection trigger to have two groups eject using the action "eject" without hurting each other.Anybody else do this and know if it works online O.K. ?

I through this in this thread so not to start another and give this script some attention too ;) .

Would it be possible to set this up so that it's available at any time in a mission? Basically what I'm looking to do is set it so that while players are gearing up, they can get a chute from the box along with guns, ammo, etc, THEN board on a plane and fly out (human pilot) for their jump. A lot of our operations start with a gear up/brieifing time, then we set out. Starting out in the plane would be hard for us as there is no gearing up time.

Radio trigger? with a hint or taskhint maybe? how about just changing delay?

Must be a simple way.

Edited by cotabucky

@Dap

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I had a couple of missions with halo drops in them. I got everything to work but it was clunky.(Guys would fall out of the plane when walking, or the halo part would randomly not work etc...). These scripts you made work like a charm.

Thank you for your work.

Nomadd

after updating to 1.6 I get hurt inside the plane before jumping out... anyone else having this problem? (happens to every player in mp)

@Pandur

I have noticed this also, damage happens when I leave the plane before halo kicks in. Haven't had time to really test it or check and see if i am really taking damage and how much, but i definitely get a blood spatter on the screen like i have been hit.

Nomadd

I have a small problem with the script.. It is very rare, it happens only about one in 20 times when I'm testing a mission that uses it.

If it happens, the paradrop etc all work perfectly. I save during testing and reload to that save at some point, after which a script error labeled as

"BIS_FNC_HALO" 

comes up with no further info. The FPS then drop to a level that is no longer playable.

It doesn't make a difference if the gamesave is before, during or after the paradrop.

Not sure if I did anything else while scripting that could interfere with the paradrop script but just wanted to ask if anybody else encountered this error.

But anyways, thanks a lot DAP for sharing this great script!

Does it work only on OA?

In case that it works on normal Arma2 too: Is there anyway you can upload a demo mission from chernarus or utes?

I don't have the OA but I realy liked that script.

Thanks.

EDIT: It works, no need to the chernarus demo.

Edited by War_Duck

UPDATE

REALISTIC PARADROP SCRIPT

Version: 2.00

Changelog:

• Fixed: The player could be killed with a sharp turn of the airplane in multiplayer.
  • Added: Additional scripts for switching between cargo and jump positions and manual ramp control for C-130 (Demo mission - Onboard.Utes).

Edited by DAP

UPDATE

Version: 2.05

Changelog:

• Added: Fall to the ground on landing (without ACE)
  • Small fixes and improvements.

Edited by DAP

I noticed there is no read me with v 2.05. With v1.55 I loaded all playable units manually with [PLANE,guy,1]execVM"DAPONBOARD\Scripts\Onboard\ONBOARDAI.sqf", this doesn't work with 2.05, they never go into free fall.

I noticed there is no read me with v 2.05. With v1.55 I loaded all playable units manually with [PLANE,guy,1]execVM"DAPONBOARD\Scripts\Onboard\ONBOARDAI.sqf", this doesn't work with 2.05, they never go into free fall.

Don't forget: if AI loaded in plane, then you need give them "green light" for jump. You can set it via variable: Plane setVariable ["DAP_GreenLight_GetOutAI",1,true];

UPDATE

Version: 2.10

Changelog:

• Added: "In sea" check (If the unit landed in the sea, he would no longer "fall to the ground.).
  • Fixed: In MP (if plane not local to player) option "Prepare for jump" can cause bug when player stuck in cargo seat.

Edited by DAP

Seems to instant kill me when I use with ACE.

Seems to instant kill me when I use with ACE.

Inside plane? Try demo mission on Utes. Don't start the engine, just go on cargo and select option "Prepare for jump". And try run inside plane. If you will stay alive, then this bug caused by ACE wound system (I think, when plane moving, sometimes you can get collision damage, and ACE wound system thinks, that you get injured). I need to check it.

DAP - are you going to add the instructions back into the acrhive in a future release?

UPDATE

Version: 2.15

Changelog:

• Added: Detailed ReadME.
  • Added: New option for group leaders (All info in ReadMe).
  • Fixed: Units in cargo stay alive even if plane was destroyed.

I love this script. I made some small changes to use ACE paradrop script instead of BIS. Works in MP. Didnt try in SP.

Sample

I did find if I disconnected and reconnected I would start on the ground and not in the C130.

I've seen many, many different scripts for this sort of thing, but this one is by far the most functional and good-looking, thank you for this!

One hint: the movement inside the plane seems not to work properly. If you want to allow rotation via mouse (aim) and lateral movement also, then instead of this:

if ((inputAction "turnRight" ==1) and (_stance==0)) then {_dir=_dir+3.5;};

if ((inputAction "turnLeft" ==1) and (_stance==0)) then {_dir=_dir-3.5};

try the following lines in onboard.sqf:

if ((inputAction "CarLeft" ==1) and (_stance==0) and (_y<=_ymax) and (_y>=_ymin) and (_x>=_xmin) and (_x<=_xmax)) then

{

_y=_y+0.05*cos(_dir-90);

_x=_x+0.05*sin(_dir-90);

};

if ((inputAction "carRight" ==1) and (_stance==0) and (_y<=_ymax) and (_y>=_ymin) and (_x>=_xmin) and (_x<=_xmax)) then

{

_y=_y+0.05*cos(_dir+90);

_x=_x+0.05*sin(_dir+90);

};

if ((inputAction "AimRight" >0) and (_stance==0)) then {_dir=_dir+(2*(inputAction "AimRight"));};

if ((inputAction "AimLeft" >0) and (_stance==0)) then {_dir=_dir-(2*(inputAction "AimLeft"));};