Sign in to follow this  
DAP

ARMA 2 - Realistic Paradrop

REALISTIC PARADROP SCRIPT

VERSION 2.15

Ispr3Kxmj9Y

This script allows the player (and AI) to make a parachute jump, like it happens in real life.

SUPPORTED PLANES:

• C-130

• AN-72

• IL-76

Edited by DAP

Wow! If it really works with the AI, this is something totally awesome! Downloading the example mission now.

Wow! If it really works with the AI, this is something totally awesome! Downloading the example mission now.

Also you can use your weapon and move through plane ;)

DAP once again you have broken the rules and made something wonderful ..... thanks mate !

I tried the script and it works wonderfully! It would be cool to have some kind of tutorial, how to use this for our own missions (if it's okay to you of course). By the way, I have no idea if this has anything to do with the script or not, but I noticed that if you open the parachute too late and the character ends up upside down to the ground, the parachute mysteriously explodes killing everyone around you. This happened to me once and was really weird because I have seen nothing like this happening before. Not a big problem though.

DAP once again you have broken the rules and made something wonderful ..... thanks mate !

You are welcome :)

I tried the script and it works wonderfully! It would be cool to have some kind of tutorial, how to use this for our own missions (if it's okay to you of course). By the way, I have no idea if this has anything to do with the script or not, but I noticed that if you open the parachute too late and the character ends up upside down to the ground, the parachute mysteriously explodes killing everyone around you. This happened to me once and was really weird because I have seen nothing like this happening before. Not a big problem though.

Ok :) Here is simple instructions about using this script:

1. Loading in plane:

You can load whole group in plane cargo. For that run this script: [
Plane
Unit
] execVM "Daponboard\Scripts\Onboard\Loadgroup.sqf";

Where:

Plane
- plane which will be used as transport.

Unit
- leader of this group.

Here is some limitations:

C-130 - 10 units max

AN-72 - 12 units max

IL-76 - 16 units max

If number of units in group more than these values, then group will not be loaded in plane.

2. Plane:

You can set direct path and fly height for plane. For this you need add this string in plane init: [
Plane
Height
] execVM "Daponboard\Scripts\Onboard\AIPilot.sqf";

Where:

Plane
- transport plane.

Height
- fly height for plane (plane will be automatically set to this height)

Notes: You can manually set direction for plane in editor. After running this script pane will fly in selected direction.

3. Paradrop control:

For paradrop you need open plane's ramp. For that jsut run this script (via another script or trigger): [
Plane
] execVM "Daponboard\Scripts\Onboard\PlaneRamp.sqf"

This script automatically open plane's ramp in postion for paradrop.

Where:
Plane
- transport plane

If AI loaded in plane, then you need give them "green light" for jump. You can set it via variable:
Plane
setVariable ["DAP_GreenLight_GetOutAI",1,true];

Where:
Plane
- transport plane

Note: You must be shure that plane's ramp already opened. So add small timeout after opening plane's ramp. Player can jump out without this variable (when ramp is open - you can jump out)

About "exploding parachute": I'm using default parachutes from BIS, so all questions to them :) In ARMA2 parachutes is vehicles too, so they can explode is some kind of situations :)

Amazing! Thank you DAp. Your instructions seem quite straight forward. I'm sure we'll find use for your scripts.

Whenever I run this the player is never in the plane itself. I'm grouped to the leader, or when I'm the leader I'm not in the plane. Somewhere in your script there's something that says "player" that shouldn't, or I'm out of ideas.

Whenever I run this the player is never in the plane itself. I'm grouped to the leader, or when I'm the leader I'm not in the plane. Somewhere in your script there's something that says "player" that shouldn't, or I'm out of ideas.

Example mission works correct? If yes, then you have mistake somewhere. Try check all steps. And don't forget about limitations for each planes. I sure in all scripts (tested them just now again - all works).

The example mission works for me...no worries. Cool script! Thanks.

very nice script!

but how you managed to make paratroopers walk inside flying cargo plane? why they don't fell off (the plane is moving...)?

I'm just thinking about walkable interiors/insides/decks as a whole, maybe it's possible with similar script?

I see the problem, I wanted to have the plane actually take off from an airstrip so I didn't have the AI pilot script running.

Problem not in AIPilot.sqf. In current state this script works only for planes, which already in air. If plane have speed equal 0, then script will be automatically disabled. This "feature" removed from last version.

Nice work DAP, this looks awesome.

Looking forward to when you can do this in MP.

I'd like to create a mission where you can respawn on the plane itself and do a halo drop,

and the plane could loop around the area, and basically you would jump when your over the position you would like to drop at.

Maybe for now Ill try this with the SP Respawn Script.

Thanks for your work!

UPDATE

Version: 1.1

Changelog:

• Added: Full ACE support (AI Paradrop impossible without parachutes. Player can jump out, but this is suicide)
  • Added: "From cargo seat to jump position" (now Loadgroup.sqf work correct if group loaded in plane as cargo)
  • Added: Altitude and Speed indicator now disappear after parachute opening
  • Added: Second example mission (Take off from airstrip, changing course, preparing for jump, and jump)
  • Changed: Group can be loaded in plane with Loadgroup.sqf even if plane stay on airstrip and has zero speed.
  • Changed: PlaneRamp.sqf now works "in both sides"(First run - ramp will be opened. Second run - ramp will be closed. Third run - will be opened again, etc.)

Full instructions included in archive.

Edited by DAP

Thanks for this DAP brings some more elements to missions and start ideas.

I know it was very basic but I found myself replaying that demo mission a few times :)

Im wanting a situation where the plane will spawn randomly with random ingress value and also a controlled jump trigger so the para-drop lands randomly as well (so the drop can be any where you want over the map).

I know that's a mission thing, I must learn this!

EDIT: Second example mission (Take off from airstrip, changing course, preparing for jump, and jump) oops, I didn't see the update post :)

About the attachto and setdir...To get it works in MP you have to change the object dir with the command "setVehicleInit".

Here an example:

Relative code:

_arty attachTo [_truck, [0,-7,-1.3]];
_arty setDir 180;
_arty setvehicleinit "this setDir 180";
processinitcommands;

About the attachto and setdir...To get it works in MP you have to change the object dir with the command "setVehicleInit".

Here an example:

Relative code:

_arty attachTo [_truck, [0,-7,-1.3]];
_arty setDir 180;
_arty setvehicleinit "this setDir 180";
processinitcommands;

Thanks :) It works :) When all tweaks will be finished, then script will be released.

Great work DAP! Your script is nearly perfect. After you get it working in MP there are only a couple of thinngs you could give a look at. First, the moving in the plane is quite strange. I know there's not much to do about it in addition to tweak the moving speeds or something and it's not a big deal, but something I have noticed. Also it would be cool to see a red light turning on when the ramp opens and a green light when the soldiers jump. Maybe you could use the attachTo command to attach a red/green light or flare to the cargo hold of the plane? I'm sorry to ask things like that, but these are some things I thought that could improve your script even more. Besides, I'm horrible at scripting 8D Awesome work! Absolutely great.

Great work DAP! Your script is nearly perfect. After you get it working in MP there are only a couple of thinngs you could give a look at. First, the moving in the plane is quite strange. I know there's not much to do about it in addition to tweak the moving speeds or something and it's not a big deal, but something I have noticed. Also it would be cool to see a red light turning on when the ramp opens and a green light when the soldiers jump. Maybe you could use the attachTo command to attach a red/green light or flare to the cargo hold of the plane? I'm sorry to ask things like that, but these are some things I thought that could improve your script even more. Besides, I'm horrible at scripting 8D Awesome work! Absolutely great.

Attached lights looks terrible(blinking, jerking, especially in MP) :) Also they not works in daylight. So I decide not add them for now. Maybe later.

Edited by DAP

UPDATE

Version: 1.5

Changelog:

• Changed: Script works in MP.
  • Changed: Altimeter can be disabled.

GENERAL MP NOTE: Option "From Cargo to Jump Position" works ONLY in SP.

Full instructions included in archive.

Edited by DAP