Sign in to follow this  
Horus

ARMA 2: OA beta Build_85330

Ok ok, v1.61 sounds fine :p

---------- Post added at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Speaking of regressions.... :)

Bug #24875: OA beta patch 84868 direction of new created vehicles not updated immediately on clients when running on dedi servers

Suma left a comment saying he has a fix ready, but it'll have to wait till 1.60 full due to backwards compatibility issues:

I have created a simple example with setDir immediately after createVehicle, yet is still shows slow rotation consistently.

I have a fix ready, however I am unable to make that fix backward compatible with 1.59 without increasing network traffic, which I would like to avoid.

I have implemented the fix, but it is "sleeping" until 1.60, with no verification possible before version increase (i.e. before 1.60 Release Candidate).

Downloads on beta patch website do not work currently, at least not for me.

Maybe Suma can release some fix for #24875 (not official beta patch) to check if it's fixed

So we can test it on DS

Works for me.

Its so refreshing to see a game developer that cares about his product even so long after Release.

Well said. Alot of the larger developers have let me down (especially PC) and leave their games to rot on the shelf.

There's few dev companys left that will support their games like BIS, and its mostly the indy guys.

I've been playing ARMA for about a year and i've seen some great fixes...

1.60 beta work is a game changer for me, MP works great, next to no crashes and my screen stopped randomly blacking out.

Will be testing this one tonight.

Thanks once again BIS and community

Thanks Suma and whoever is involved in this AI Bino Issue. After playing my little test scenario I have come to the conclusion that the Bino Issue is gone. Not only that but the AI is also improved in the other aspects. They don´t stand around during the firefight and they quickly get to their positions when I order them to do so. Really nice AI in this Beta, but I still have to test their CQC skills

Still seeing a little inappropriate bino action. When engaged I saw an officer standing up, facing completely the wrong direction in the firefight with binos out !

Also AI using hangun over long distances should be fixed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12143)

That's awesome. AI changes are the most exciting things that can be in a beta patch.

M14_EP1, LeeEnfield to 300m

But this is why so many people use AI mods. The M14 (and especially the Enfield) can be killing people at twice that range if you have optics or a lot of persistence. But the AI should be sitting ducks at 350m?

Hi guys, I have a tactical mission with my clan tomorrow night and was wondering if there are any recomendations around using the beta for it. I've been playing 85015 and it's great, any show stopping bugs in the latest beta though? Should I 85330?

You have to manually delete the beta folder in the Expansions folder before applying the patch. Are you doing that?

Do you have peerblock?If yes disable it and you will be able to download.

Stealth mode is certainly isn't useless when close to an enemy

I beg to differ. While STEALTH offers fairly well functioning -seek cover- routines; this is nothing beyond what DANGER mode already gives us.

STEALTH mode is fundamentally useless because the AI will SPRINT from cover to cover. Expected behavior would be to have the AI move slowly and cautiously.

STEALTH mode would be fixed, and offer an interesting different capability, by locking maximum movement speed to walk. (else 'optics' mode)

I beg to differ. While STEALTH offers fairly well functioning -seek cover- routines; this is nothing beyond what DANGER mode already gives us.

STEALTH mode is fundamentally useless because the AI will SPRINT from cover to cover. Expected behavior would be to have the AI move slowly and cautiously.

STEALTH mode would be fixed, and offer an interesting different capability, by locking maximum movement speed to walk. (else 'optics' mode)

This is true! Stealth isn't really stealthy when they still sprint from cover to cover.

Their speed should be reduced to walking and they should go prone much more. Standing up should be forbidden in this mode

Neither M14_EP1 nor LeeEnfield have optics.

You don't need optics to hit things past 300m with a rifle as accurate and powerful as the M14 or Lee Enfield. The M14 has an effective range that's usually listed at over 400m without optics, and that's the weaker of the two. And for area targets or suppression, the range is even more.

So we should have AI who refuse to shoot at things past 300m? Even if they are in plain sight and the CO is screaming at the top of his lungs to fire! at! that! freaking! man!

I don't know how people survive without Zeus and the like.

Suma: Can you get a new linux beta server build into pipe? I think now is a good point in time. Or at least just around 1.60 RC (which could be due by soon).

EDIT: This one http://dev-heaven.net/issues/24104 fixed, should be a prerequisite though.

Edited by Fireball

I don't know how people survive without Zeus and the like.
I usually play SP missions with AI team by setting them to stealth/hold fire/stop/prone and parking them behind a rock far enough away from the AO, then do the mission by myself. Not really what may be intended, but better for my nerves.

I'm also still getting the AI binoculars bug as well. It's not as bad as in 85248 where the AI would just freeze up and not respond (only to stance change commands), I can order the affected AI to change stance and then they rejoin my formation but only after I pay special attention to that specific AI. Was happening quite often while I was squad leader where I'd be pushing forward and I'd stop to look around at my squad only to realize that one AI is stuck behind looking through their binos in a useless state. Slight improvement but still needs some tweaking. As stated before, stance change helped that AI to regroup, still a hindrance but better than before. Thanks.

Edited by DeltaFiveOne
Further elaboration

I'm also still getting the AI binoculars bug as well. It's not as bad as in 85248 where the AI would just freeze up and not respond (only to stance change commands), I can order the affected AI to change stance and then they rejoin my formation but only after I pay special attention to that specific AI.

What should I do to see this issue myself?

Thanks for the reply, I can send you the mission (non-addon LAN MP) it occurred to me with if anything? I was also using the COWarMod v1.1 f.y.i., may take about a good 15-20 minutes for the bug to reveal itself. Not sure if you guys have the time but I will send it to you via PM. Appreciate it.

Well I've seen the binoc issue as I simply placed myself as US SF alone and observed a group of AI Czech SF (default group) in combat against OPFOR AI (default Takistani group) on Takistan. Two Czech SF where switching to binocs during the battle at the same time. Looked like a "switch to binoc - abort/stop animation - switch back to weapon" scene.

Imho AI should not use the binocs if enemies are close or within weapon range.

Better if AI use binocs if:

- no enemy/threat present in close range,

- enemy is far away (out of effective weapons range)

- two or more AIs are using binocs at the same time - they should watch in different direction

I'm seeing the AI swallow 223 and 308 rounds at 600m one after the other and still shoot back. As much as seven rounds to take them down sometimes. They can be lying prone and take them in the face and down the neck and they're fine until they die. I see the blood. Anyone else noticing that?

Edited by twirly

Are you talking about an AI that lies down on the ground?

In that case that BIS' bug they think is a feature. Prone opponents receive only 1/3 of damage I think.

ACE wounding system fixes that.

Voted a long time ago for 20441

Wonder why BIS doesn't simply fix this once and for all?

It wasn't there in OFP and the game still played OK.