Sign in to follow this  
Horus

ARMA 2: OA beta Build_85330

New patch 85330 http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[85330] Optimized: No longer saving "visionPars" and "magazineSlotsOpticsModes" when not used.

[85300] Fixed: Group names were not reused after deleteGroup (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11483)

[85280] Improved: AI smarter in using binoculars.

Edited by Dwarden
thread name

Also AI using hangun over long distances should be fixed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12143)

Changed: small tweak of AI weapons max ranges.

AKS_74_pso, M4A3_RCO_GL_EP1 to 600m

RPK_74 from 1000m to 800m

G36_C_SD_eotech, m8_holo_sd, m8_tws_sd 150m

UZI_EP1, revolver_EP1, glock17_EP1 to 50m

UZI_SD_EP1 to 20m

SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD, SCAR_H_STD_TWS_SD to 350m

M14_EP1, LeeEnfield to 300m

Sa61_EP1 AI will use both modes

Wouldn't be bad if there were more tweaks to AI reactions in CQB than what we had not too long ago.

It's hard to create a repro mission showing exact issues like when enemies see each other within 10m it takes them some time to react as it's different every time you run the same battle...

This is indeed shaping up to be a hell of a patch. Any chance to get the rubber-ball bounciness removed from hand grenades?

1. More predictable, ie more useful.

2. Fewer air bursts, ie must be more accurate

3. More realistic.

edit: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3513

-k

Edited by NkEnNy

What´s still annoying me a lot is AI consequently ignoring 'Hold Fire' command :mad:

Edited by @ST

Even if ordered to Hold Fire, the AI will open fire to defend itself. Solution is simple. Maintain proper distance and/or noise disipline.

Pro tip. Don't use Stealth mode (its useless) instead keep the AI in aware and order ~-7-8 (prone)

-k

Or maybe... better... not.

At this stage, I honestly think it is much better to focus only on regressions in 1.60 and once these are ironed out, release full final patch 1.60.

It is really important to leave some serious bugs open for 1.61 after all :p

[85300] Fixed: Group names were not reused after deleteGroup

Great.... Perpetual missions will now run perpetually... fingers crossed!

Edited by twirly
Spelling

I just tested this BETA and I have to be honest up front before I tested I

Updated my GPU drivers to 11.9 (ATI 4890 1GB)

so cant say the new drivers did not help a little but this BETA seemed to give me better and smoother game play.

I cant say it was all so the mission I was on as its not normally a mission I have played so cant really compare much.

Has any one else had an increase in performance with this BETA?.

Thanks

I doubt that the driver did anything for the rather old 4890 card. You can only expect performance improvements for cards that are on sale, older generations only receive some bug fixes at best.

But you should tell us your reference, this beta seems faster against what version? 79384 oder 85248?

At this stage, I honestly think it is much better to focus only on regressions in 1.60 and once these are ironed out, release full final patch 1.60.

Its so refreshing to see a game developer that cares about his product even so long after Release.

Will test the Bino stuff tomorrow.

Bino stuff seems to work OK, tested already. I've setup a CQB battle (hence why my complaint about still not reactive enough AI when enemies are within 50m) at Shapur and overwatched it from UAV. USMC vs. Takistani insurgents. Could only see USMC squad leader take out his binos once - when surviving insurgents retreated into a nearby village (the leader was watching that direction) - afterwards marines chased them and finished them off.

M14_EP1, LeeEnfield to 300m

Can the Lee Enfield be extended to 1000m? Please?

JK, can you imagine that with AI? You'd never be able to escape!

Thanks guys,i will try it ASAP

try to get us some features though for 1.60 ,not all but some of them (less time-consuming ones)

I will need to run some tests on missions I normally play so will report back tomorrow when/if I get a chance.

Thanks BIS

Can the Lee Enfield be extended to 1000m? Please?

JK, can you imagine that with AI? You'd never be able to escape!

Unless the 303 has got a scope, it's ridiculous to engage past 300m, let alone 1000m. Iron sights just don't allow it, even if the rifle itself is accurate out to 500m.

Bino stuff seems to work OK, tested already. I've setup a CQB battle (hence why my complaint about still not reactive enough AI when enemies are within 50m) at Shapur and overwatched it from UAV. USMC vs. Takistani insurgents. Could only see USMC squad leader take out his binos once - when surviving insurgents retreated into a nearby village (the leader was watching that direction) - afterwards marines chased them and finished them off.

I can't play games these days, I hope you can equip every AI with a binocular or rangefinder when testing. That would be more comvincing.

Ok ok, v1.61 sounds fine :p

---------- Post added at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Speaking of regressions.... :)

Bug #24875: OA beta patch 84868 direction of new created vehicles not updated immediately on clients when running on dedi servers

Edited by Sickboy

I have had the game crash twice now without chance for ctrl+alt+del recovery, once in the mission editor and once upon shooting an old lady in the head. I'll see if I can get the dumps to Dwarden.

Handgun/pistols seem to be fixed - didn't test AI with PDW.

AI still taking their binoculars out during combat or if enemy is close. Tested with Czech (ASR) SF. AIs are fast switching to binocs-abort-switch back to rifle. Annoying if that is done by 2 or more AI units at the same time.

Maybe its possible to make

a) only 1 AI use binocs in small groups

b) max 2 AIs use binocs at the same time in bigger groups

Btw would be nice if the player could order AI soldier to switch to/use a certain weapon and the AI will use it until a new order is given. Example - setting up an ambush... :)

Ok i copy/copy my last words on this ticket,i hope it will be convincing :D

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23412

"The sidewinder launch has 2 phases :the first is the release where the missile quits the hardpoint and the second is the ignition.

Take a look to Su34 model and how R73 is launched there is a reasonable delay between each missile."

I have more chance that you read it here since ticket has expired !