Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

Im using your Coslx but i also have JTD fire and smoke mod seperate which i thought only made the smoke from burning vehicles look nicer and did not notice fire until now but i am removing that now, thanks for the help :)

Im using your Coslx but i also have JTD fire and smoke mod seperate which i thought only made the smoke from burning vehicles look nicer and did not notice fire until now but i am removing that now, thanks for the help :)

The clue to the mod is in its name ;-)

Seriously you don't have to remove the jtd_fireandsmoke pbo to enjoy smoke without fire.

Instead you can simply configure it by opening the JTD_FireAndSmoke_config file in JTD folder of your userconfig directory.

There I'd change the value

#define JTD_ForestFireEnabled true

to

#define JTD_ForestFireEnabled false

I'we install Your mod on 2 different PC, with ARMA OA 1.62 and 1.63 also 1.63-steam but I got error mess.: ...\SLX.hpp not found. When i delete 3 files - SLX_ace_fixes; SLX_aiskill; SLX_anim_swim game run.

Dear Günter please HELP! What i do wrong? :butbut:

Nothing to worry about really its just a file that the game is looking for, those files you deleted are asking for the slx.hpp in the @COSLX addons folder if its not there

then you get that error message, but by deleting or removing those files then nothing can call that file even if its not missing.

So if anything remove these:

SLX_ace_fixes

SLX_aiskill

SLX_anim_swim

if you havent done so already, your not missing anything special with those features anyways, more info on what they do go to the 1st page

of the thread and look then files up and read their descriptions.

Tbh i dont know why people keep getting this error especially when i changed the file path in the files themselves to look for the file in the addons folder, and

at the same time I dont get the error myself, anyways like I said your really not missing anything. the hpp is mainly for if you use ACE with COSLX,

which would be sort of conflicting to use.

if you havent done so already, your not missing anything special with those features anyways, more info on what they do go to the 1st page

of the thread and look then files up and read their descriptions.

Tbh i dont know why people keep getting this error especially when i changed the file path in the files themselves to look for the file in the addons folder, and

at the same time I dont get the error myself, anyways like I said your really not missing anything. the hpp is mainly for if you use ACE with COSLX,

which would be sort of conflicting to use.

Thank U for reply.

I install it with Play_With_6 and download manually from armaholic - got same err. Therefore dest. folder is a %USERDOCS%\arma2\@coslx So i'll try to move mod folder to the main game folder - IT'S WORK!!!

Game start perfect clear. That's a reason and solution.

Sory? im dumbass :)

What files do i need to run this in arma 3? i know some files give you a weird explosion bug when you shoot people but i just want the AI part of SLX so do you know what important files i need?

Already answered you on steam, overall files in the mod are dependent on other files as well as required addons from the game itself, so theres alot of code work involved.

Also as said in our chat theres better AI mods out then whats in COSLX. This mod is best for Arma2CO, other then the bleeding aspect and a few features.

Hey I still like to use this mod and also trying out your COWarMod

There seems to be a conflict with COSLX and JSRS1.5

It seems that when a wounded guy is bleeding, whenever his health decreases a bullet impact sound plays along with him screaming.

I thought people were shooting at me until I figured out it was just an errant sound playing.

Any idea how I could fix this?

I tried opening up SLX_shout.pbo and SLX_wounds.pbo and messing around with a few things to narrow it down, but couldn't figure it out.

I figured out what was causing it... 

It's playing sounds in jsrs_movement.pbo, in the "noises\Hits" folder. Some of those make a sound of a bullet too, while in the vanilla game they don't

Hmmm, Where in COSLX could I change exactly which sounds play?

I figured out what was causing it... 

It's playing sounds in jsrs_movement.pbo, in the "noises\Hits" folder. Some of those make a sound of a bullet too, while in the vanilla game they don't

Hmmm, Where in COSLX could I change exactly which sounds play?

Well... seems like I found a way to turn this off. However you have to make a change to the JSRS-Mod (not sure if this is allowed  ;)).

Open the jsrs_movement_c.pbo and extract config.cpp. If you delete the lines between class HitDamage and (excluding) class SoundEnvironExt that stupid noise is gone.

(Almost sure that you don't have to delete every line, but I'm too lazy to find out which one's causing that sound.)

Hope that's nothing illegal...  :o

regards

PS: If anybody has a solution to that 'bloodbig'-problem, I'd really appreciate a hint.

thx

• Thanks 1

Well... seems like I found a way to turn this off. However you have to make a change to the JSRS-Mod (not sure if this is allowed  ;)).

Open the jsrs_movement_c.pbo and extract config.cpp. If you delete the lines between class HitDamage and (excluding) class SoundEnvironExt that stupid noise is gone.

(Almost sure that you don't have to delete every line, but I'm too lazy to find out which one's causing that sound.)

Hope that's nothing illegal...  :o

regards

PS: If anybody has a solution to that 'bloodbig'-problem, I'd really appreciate a hint.

thx

I hope you get permission to edit someone else work. Also you might wanted to have checked the readme before doing so.

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

I hope you get permission to edit someone else work. Also you might wanted to have checked the readme before doing so.

Hmm... I don't think editing something to fix errors for private use only is illegal. If there weren't so many errors in all those mods out there I'd not only be very happy but I'd have much more free time.

btw: I'm tired of telling modders about errors in their mods and being ignored. (W0lle excepted)

btw: I'm tired of telling modders about errors in their mods and being ignored.

Late reply, but I hope you weren't referring to me because I had no idea you guys posted, as far as Im concerned I support the mod as far as I am able but COSLX being my build

as says on 1st page is just my recompilation and update of the original mod built by Solus, im not a coder or scripter, all i can do in terms of issues is point out what files do this or that,

or suggest something, all depends on the issue.

If you can figure out the issues whatever they may be then by all means, but you can send a pm too if your really cant figure something out and i dont see the thread.

Late reply, but I hope you weren't referring to me because I had no idea you guys posted, as far as Im concerned I support the mod as far as I am able but COSLX being my build

as says on 1st page is just my recompilation and update of the original mod built by Solus, im not a coder or scripter, all i can do in terms of issues is point out what files do this or that,

or suggest something, all depends on the issue.

If you can figure out the issues whatever they may be then by all means, but you can send a pm too if your really cant figure something out and i dont see the thread.

Sorry, no, I wasn't talking about you at all.

After taking a look at the wounds config file, I don't understand why there are references to models like SLX_Face, SLX_Head, SLX_L_Arm, SLX_L_Hand, SLX_R_Arm, SLX_R_Arm and SLX_Torso_NoHead, but those models just aren's in the folder gibs...

Also there are no SLX_Dragger and no SLX_DraggerObject model.

I'm completely confused now.  :blink: 

PS: Whoever has that BloodBig error... I guess u've got DIH_scripts in your addons folder...  ;) 

SOUL IS AUTHOR OF THIS MOD IF I AM NOT RIGHT HE WAS GONE FROM THESE FORUMS YEARS AGO HE ALWAYS COMPLAINED ABOUT HIS LOUSY LAPTOP THE BEST SUR REALITY MOD EVER HOPE THIS ENDS UP IN A3 BY ONE OF YOU FELLAS

Hello! I'm new to ArmA2.

When I try to run the mod (with parameters: mod=@Addons;@CBA_CO;@COSLX), I get an error: Addon 'SLX_Cartriges' requires addon 'CAWeapons_E'.

In main menu I get an error: Cannot load material file ca\characters_e\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl\white.rvmat.

Some parts of the mod seem to work, but not all. For example wounds and gore don't work (SLX logo/loading screen shows up, weapons seem to have different sounds and some stuff seems to be different).

Any idea what's wrong and how to make wounds and gore work? I have ArmA2: Combined Operations from GOG.

Can somebody please tell me which .pbo file is for the dragging of wounded

Replying to posts i havent seen, i know the previous posts are old and might not be valid anymore for that poster but if someone else were to come

along and have the same issue then heres the answer as best as i can give:

On 3/17/2017 at 2:08 PM, zxxxrhs said:

When I try to run the mod (with parameters: mod=@Addons;@CBA_CO;@COSLX), I get an error: Addon 'SLX_Cartriges' requires addon 'CAWeapons_E'.

In main menu I get an error: Cannot load material file ca\characters_e\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl\white.rvmat.

The top for mods being run, use CBA,CBA_A2,CBA_OA.

As for the error just remove the SLX Cartridges from the mod, your not missing anything, also turn off your logs using the -nologs parameter, that usually turns off the errors popping up.

On 3/17/2017 at 2:08 PM, zxxxrhs said:

Any idea what's wrong and how to make wounds and gore work?

Make sure you have SLX_Wounds in the addons folder of the mod, it should be there, but it works when you kill someone with a grenade, shoot them in the head with

a high caliber weapon, and body, description and info is on first page.

On 12/31/2017 at 5:53 AM, w4ngx said:

Can somebody please tell me which .pbo file is for the dragging of wounded

SLX_Wounds.pbo

Information is on the first page, all files in the mod are listed with their descriptions there.

Hey I don't know but I'm guessing this thread is dead but I'm running into that include @SLX\SLX.hpp not found problem. And I did all of those things that were suggested like putting the @SLX folder into the main game directory the game gave another error saying include @COSLX\addons\SLX.hpp
I'm lost any help?

Hi, Welcome to BIS forums!

Ya to a degree the thread is dead that is if you play with the mod but im here on the forums everyday and still support my work even though i may not play with some of them anymore,

as for your question just go into the @COSLX addons folder and remove or delete these files:

SLX_ace_fixes
SLX_aiskill
SLX_anim_swim

you dont really need them anyways, let me know if that works.

Cheers!

Aye! It worked the, game is running fine and the mod looks awesome. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hello there. I tried Arma 3 and I can’t stand that game. So I am coming back to arma 2. I am having issues that when I shot someone I get the error “script slx_wounds/s/slx_wounds_hit.sqsnot found”. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks.

On 1/25/2020 at 11:38 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

Hi gamer3,

I get no such error on my end.

You downloaded the mod from Armaholic here? -----> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15379

and applied the 2.5 and 2.6 patches?

Are you running the mod with this parameter----> @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COSLX

Thanks gunter. I just checked the addon witthout using playsix and now it works. I guess I shouldnt use playsix anymore

• Like 1