Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

First post has all the info. But SLX_Wounds would be the file you want, it has dependent files as well, such as SLX_netcode, SLX_shout.

If your trying to use it in Arma3 you will get some oddities, dismember dont work, bleeding works, but when you shoot a soldier its like with every shot he gets hit with grenades,

currently Im working with one of the guys on my IFR team on the blood aspect for COSLX we may just put an addon together that enables bleeding, and bloodsplashes for Arma3.

As for Arma2Co COSLX as the name implies is specifically for Arma2CO.

First post has all the info. But SLX_Wounds would be the file you want, it has dependent files as well, such as SLX_netcode, SLX_shout.

If your trying to use it in Arma3 you will get some oddities, dismember dont work, bleeding works, but when you shoot a soldier its like with every shot he gets hit with grenades,

currently Im working with one of the guys on my IFR team on the blood aspect for COSLX we may just put an addon together that enables bleeding, and bloodsplashes for Arma3.

Thanks for your answer.

I don't plan to use COSLX for ArmA 3, i'm just trying to make myself a nice little ArmA 2 installation, since i'm just looking for a little touch of immersion.

So SLX_Wouinds, SLX_netcode and SLX_shout then ? Will try that.

ive reinstalled this mod out of curiosity and wondering why the 2.5 patch isn't getting rid of my Hpp error? I know you say to delete the files, but shouldnt the patch fix this?

ANyway this with ASR is brill...

and at the moment stopping me purchasing arma 3 lol

cheers

Edited by msportdan

Hi, sorry I just seen your post here, i would never build something if it didn't work as I had tested this stuff alot, but the patch is just an address change in the 3 addons

that you can remove anyways, all it does is look for the hpp in the addons folder instead of a userconfig, possible the issue is you dont have the hpp in the addons folder?

but i only did that to eliminate some extra folders/files needed for the mod.

But removing the 3 files you really aren't missing anything from the mod.

Any update on a small ArmA 3 version ? This game lacks blood heavily :p .

Sorry no, theres already another mod that has bleeding, its actually bleedout, effects both player and AI:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22592

If you want I can separate the bleedout from the mod itself and link it here.

Yes, i'm aware of TWP_Bleeding.

It's a really well put together mod, but as you can expect i'm not interested in the whole " health " system, and other details coming with it.

I'm just looking too add that little " oomph " to my game, that little visual confirmation that i killed someone, so in this case : blood.

I tried by myself to separate the TPW bleeding effect from the " rest ", but my skills are what they are, and i failed to achieve that properly, so yes, it would be great if you can do that.

Thanks.

Is that A3 compatible yet?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Is that, as in COSLX, or the link for bleedout in my previous post?

the bleedout is for Arma3 only, and works I have used it quite a bit.

Sorry, shouldve been more specific...I was referring to bleedout. Cannot wait to add this...thank you!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I use plain A2CO+CWR2. After installing COSLX I can't use sights or optics anymore, after clicking RMB it immediately jumps out of the sights/optics view. Any ideas?

Sounds like a conflict with CWR2, test COSLX with Arma2Co only and make sure the mod is working first, if your having an issue with other mods as you have described

but the mod itself works fine then its the other mod that is causing the conflict, I have no such issues when i test COSLX.

But for that issue you described you'll want to remove maybe if you have them the following files from the @COSLX/addons

SLX_FOV

SLX_ModWeapons_3D_Optics

SLX_Optics

SLX_Optics_3D

another option is to post your rpt when you get that issue, but see if any of those files are in your addons folder

and remove them and see if the issue occurs.

I run CWR2 along with SLX_Optics and SLX_Optics_3D without any issues.

Incidentally, if you're looking to improve optics check-out the ScopeFX mod.

Hello! Sorry if this has already been discussed, but there are 52 pages in this forum and I don't have the time to read through it all. Is there a way/are you planning to add blood effects to ArmA 3? In my opinion the blood effects in A3 are pitiful, and what kept me playing ArmA 2 was your COSLX mod and it's brutal yet realistic wound/blood effects. Though I enjoy all of the features you've added, I'm currently only concerned with blood/gore. Is this something you hope to add, or is this something you aren't planning on adding?

Hi, it was an idea at first but COSLX is really just my recompilation of the original SLX mod, all I did was do a ton of research and remove the bugs that

crashed and froze the game, as well as some misc fixes to some files.

Im not the author of SLX, COSLX I am the Author of, but Solus who was the original Author left the community years ago, and the mod is in the state its at.

The skills needed to make a version for Arma3 is not something I have, I'm mainly a compiler, hence all the mods i built for my WarMod series as well as COSLX.

I did look into it but its not going to happen at least not from me, sorry out of my hands.

Hello Gunter, I would like to say thanks for keeping this thread alive. I am working on a perfected modset for me and my friends for ArmA 2 and have run into an issue with coslx movement. As you know when a player sprints and comes to a halt the momentum carries him forward so he takes a few extra steps before coming to a complete stop. Of course this is very realistic and I personally enjoy it. However, it has been general consensus to disable this if possible. My problem is that I have no idea which pbo to disable and something tells me that this feature is "tied" into a pbo with other features. I suspect it resides in the slx_anim_movetransitions.pbo. In which case I am not sure I would want to sacrifice other features for the sake of removing one. Thanks.

Hi, welcome.

What you asked has nothing to do with COSLX which is for Arma2CO btw not specifically arma2, it works better in Co then arma2 alone.

Anyways if your putting together a modset why not just use my COWarMod as it has 230+ addons and mods in it plus COSLX, and its all gameplay addons and mods too from arma2 and OA,

see my release thread for more info and download http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121837-COWarMod-Release

As the file you had listed, thats the file you want to remove, and no its not tied to anything else, just requires CBA's to run correctly like alot of mods.

this mod saved my arma 2 oa please port it to arma 3

Welcome, but see my post above #516

I am and have so far though ported some features from the mod to Arma3, some other features the game already has, but those features

i am porting over will be in my next WarMod version for Arma3.

Welcome, but see my post above #516

I am and have so far though ported some features from the mod to Arma3, some other features the game already has, but those features

i am porting over will be in my next WarMod version for Arma3.

Great news to hear you are porting over to Arma3 :)

I was just sitting here researching how a noob like me could bring back some dismemberment mods etc...

Shame they don't give us the limping and what not from VBS THAT would be an epic addition to A3.

Just a few features is all im porting, i have 2 so far, but i've yet to get to the other ones.

As for your research refer to my last post in response to you on my A3WarMod thread.

Hi i have looked through about 20 pages of this thread and cannot find anything about vehicle effects pbo FIRE, i am wanting to disable things catching fire around a burning vehicle. im having whole towns burn up and it would be helpfull if there is someway i can disable the fires

Hi i have looked through about 20 pages of this thread and cannot find anything about vehicle effects pbo FIRE, i am wanting to disable things catching fire around a burning vehicle. im having whole towns burn up and it would be helpfull if there is someway i can disable the fires

If 'jtd_fireandsmoke' is in there, remove that pbo. ;)

I should mention you can alter it in your userconfig, I.e. not burn as much around, so maybe have a look at that also.

Mikey240 what your describing has nothing to do with COSLX, and no file in COSLX will do that, if your using my COWarMod there is a file in the mod

that will do that, and as ChrisB noted remove JTD Fire & Smoke, the file for that is jtd_fireandsmoke.pbo

See the addon page for this file and look at the screenshots and video: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7383

As he also mentioned the addon has a userconfig.

Few other notes I like to add is,

1. COSLX is already in COWarMod so you dont need to add it, or run it along side it, thats if your using that mod.

2. All info for all the files and their descriptions in COSLX are on the 1st page so you dont need to go back some pages

if you trying to find out what file does what.

3. If you are playing with COWarMod and have questions or problems, then use this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=121837

if not dont worry about it.