Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

Hey domokun,

I've just checked and the problem it's not slx_anims since if you remove them the wound system won't work, in fact I've discovered that the issue is caused by the slx wound system, when AI enemy is hitted and dies the AI team leader returns on safe mode but when the AI enemy is injured the AI team leader sees the injured as a "still possible threat=full health enemy" so they run in circle for a while and after they run to the next waypoint always in combat mode!

In my opinion the solution is to use the ArmA 2 Wounding System module, with it AI won't be influenced by the injured enemy.

Matt

Bogart, your finding seems quite concerning.

Do you know which SLX_anim file is responsible for this?

As IIRC the SLX mod contains dozen or more SLX_anim files:

slx_anim_ai_lowriflemove

slx_anim_at_lying

slx_anim_binocularmove

slx_anim_crawl

slx_anim_death

slx_anim_grenadethrow

slx_anim_headbob

slx_anim_holdsprint

slx_anim_idle

slx_anim_injured

slx_anim_jump

slx_anim_movetransitions

slx_anim_pistolcivil

slx_anim_prone

slx_anim_steeplying

slx_anim_swim

slx_anim_turnspeed

slx_anim_weapontransitions

Or is it caused by slx_anims?

So the problem is caused by slx_wounds?

Thanks for narrowing that down.

Yes, this Behaviour_test shows you what I mean.

try the first time without any changes and after syncing the arma 2 first aid modules to the opfor soldier http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/First_Aid

if you remove slx wounds files you won't have a wounded anymore just dead or alive that's why I suggest you to use the First aid.

they won't return in safe mode and in column properly but as aware and echelon, unfortunately it's an arma 2 bug, I hope they sort it out soon.

So the problem is caused by slx_wounds?

Thanks for narrowing that down.

Edited by Bogart

Is anyone having issues with the mod?

Recently i had just seen comment on the download page for COSLX on Armaholic stating the information on the thread (who knows what was read) doesn't help

and already tells the person what they already know.

The the person goes on to say im lazy and i should fix my mod.

I tell you what guys, unless you post and ask for help, and specifically explain what issues/problems your having, I'm cannot help you.

And to note just because I dont update COSLX, doesn't mean im lazy, it means there are things I dont know how to do, and or figure out, I'm not a scripter, or coder,

i can read some scripts and figure out some things, but again unless you specifically post about an issue your having then calling

me lazy is a contradiction because your dumbass is to lazy to post and ask.

Also I use SLX in all my mods, and some are tweaked more or less then others, with COSLX itself, i have no issues when I play, so if your

running into issues with COSLX then ask, im here.

I support all my mods and COSLX being one of them.

keep in mind the COSLX is a recompiled version of the original SLX mod, i spent alot of time on this version, originally I had went page to page on the SLX WIP

thread by Solus and recorded every report and issues made, then tested, and tested again, and was able to make the mod stable, so COSLX is

the version of SLX with most if not all of the problems in SLX removed.

If you can do better with SLX then do so, but all the complainers and whiners wouldn't step up and do

anything to fix the mod, so i did, COSLX is the result, you either like it or you dont, i really dont care, but i did something, and it fixed the mod for me.

If you need help im here.

UPDATE

g081.jpg

COSLX Patch v 2.6

Download

WarMod Website: http://webzoom.freewebs.com/warmod/File%20Downloads/COSLX%20Patch%202.6.zip

Armaholic: Coming Soon!

==========================

Whats New in COSLX v 2.6

SLX_Wounds File has been updated, the following things have been done:

Self Bandage

when you get wounded and the option for a bandage show in your action menu, once clicked your character will go into an animation

as if bandage himself. In previous versions applying the bandage took 4-7 times before you were bandaged which took a considerable amount of time.

Now with the update

you only need to bandage yourself once.

AI gives you first aid

In previous versions when you were wounded where you couldn't apply your own bandage, a fellow squad member or regular Ai would

come and give you first aid, before this would take some time and multiple applications, now with the update the AI only needs to do one application.

Some times you will be so wounded that you will still require a medic so it depends on the degree of the wound.

No dropping of weapons

in original COSLX when an enemy Ai or squad mate was killed they would drop their weapons.

This proved to be a challenge as it was a hit or miss whether you can grab the weapon accurately.

Orcinus a member of BIS forum and community, created an update and named it ORC_Wounds, in his update he updated the script in

the SLX_Wounds file to the AI from dropping their weapons.

In the v 2.6 update i have taken those changes and applied them to SLX_wounds, so now you dont need an separate file.

lastly when enemy or friendly AI get killed their weapons and ammo are on their gear like in the vanilla game,

nothing missing and everything available.

No Flies

No flies is turning off the flies sound you hear when dead bodies are lying around. in previous version of COSLX after killing some enemies,

a sound of flies can be heard around the bodies after so much time, in the 2.6 update this sound is turned off.

Loading screen

COSLX now has a loading screen, that will be seen apon starting of Arma2CO with COSLX running.

Credits go to Rydygier for helping me with scripts.

Edited by Günter Severloh

UPDATE

No Flies

No flies is turning off the flies sound you hear when dead bodies are lying around. in previous version of COSLX after killing some enemies,

a sound of flies can be heard around the bodies after so much time, in the 2.6 update this sound is turned off.

I use JTD_FLIES as one of my base default MODS.

Will this cause problems with your "No Flies"?

Because, trying to find dead bodies for their weapons at night or in tall grass is hard without those flies...

Hi Kommikat,

Good question, I am familiar with that addon, but no they wont conflict, i just tested it and it takes a little time before

the flies actually start appearing and can be heard.

So its ok.

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Yes. Suggest you just take the file SLX_wounds out of the @COSLX addons folder and put it into @COWarModACE addons folder,

this way the SLX_wounds.pbo thats in COSLX (the update) will update COWarModACE's SLX_wounds file.

understand?

You can do this with regular COWarMod as well and COWarModI44 versions.

Thank you Gunter! Keep up the great work!

PS: Would you consider porting SLX to ARMA3? I would love to see WarModA3 soon! :D

Welcome. Well you got to consider SLX is not my mod, COSLX is my mod, my work, but its just SLX recompiled with the files that caused the

freezes, crashes, that were occurring in 2.3 which was Solus's last released version of SLX.

I did update some scripts and configs.

I would have to say I probably could port to Arma3 with all credit to Solus for his mod, as well as Rydygier for his help,

and Orcinus and a few others for their work and feedback.

TBH COSLX should work in Arma3, but I'm not totally sure, i dont own Arma3, nor could i run it if i did have it, and i

will be waiting til it gets better optimized and the price drops.

But what you can do if you want, and let me know how it goes, just run COSLX with Arma3 like you would any mod and see if you get the

same features/effects like you do in Arma2CO, that would be my first step if I were to "port" it.

As for a WarMod for Arma3, most of my WarMods I built were usually 3/4 in the time frame of a game, so for example CoWarMod was released in July 2011, most gameplay, and effects mods were already out by that time and really not much more were coming out, so I would need to wait for the mods to build up and then compile them, the problem with that with Arma3, and now the new complexity to mods the time frame for a release of such a project is a bit larger, it depends, it takes some time as I need to test each individual addon and mod, and then test them together.

I have a certain guideline I follow for the mod overall.

Now if when I do get into arm3 and someone would want to help me out and be like a small team then I'd be open to that, then we could release it faster,

but as i said need to let the mod build up because if you dont, you will be constantly adding to the mod, and doing a hundred updates, and fixes each,

thats the problem with adding new mods to early, modders will keep updating their mods to make it to that "final" state, that just gives me a ton of work.

So I wait til they are in that state and then go from there, theres other methods to this approach, but for now I'm going to say no to

early and not interested plus I have other projects and a team for Iron front to look after ;)

so Im sticking to Arma2CO for the time being, i may update COSLX more idk depends on whats needed.

Gunter, correct me if i am wrong, but didnt Orcinus's update not work well with the Gib's. IE.. if an AI was obliterated dismembered (burnt torso and leg pieces) you couldnt get their weapons. did you fix that? does it drop their weapons only if there completely dismembered? Nice work on the update!!

Thanks. Ya the no dropping thing didn't work with dismemberment, and no it wasn't fixed.

Well there is no partial dismemberment i mean you can blow part of the AI' heads off depends on where you shoot, and if your accurate, it seems random

but other then that you have the burnt, and blown up cloud thing, which i really dont understand what Solus was thinking when he did that, at least the burnt parts.

i can look into it and see what I can find.

Is there anything else you guys are concerned about in terms of fixes or features that need tweaking or updating,

there might be a possibility to fix them.

Only ones that come to mind are:

-slx_vehicle effects (this file was removed from the mod as it would crash or freeze the game)

-the extra first aid in the action menu which dont do anything

-making Ace wounds compatible with SLX_wounds (might not be possible idk)

Hi Gunter!

I recently downloaded your WarMod and COSLX files, with not for want of trying for at least two hours of installing it as ACE version instead of the the version on PW6, plus getting the ACE patches, remove the advised files etc. I am still getting the SLX.hpp error on load up of the game. I've seen in the main thread to COwarMod that if I remove three files, (which I did), AIskill ,swim anims, ace fixes, this should solve the issue but it isn't helping much.

Hi, Yes removing these files:

slx_anim_swim.pbo

slx_aiskill.pbo

slx_ace_fixes.pbo and the hpp should not bring up the error message anymore.

be sure your using CoWarModACE with ACE and not CoWarMod, ACE version is custom built for ACE.

Can you post your Rpt?

Hi, Yes removing these files:

slx_anim_swim.pbo

slx_aiskill.pbo

slx_ace_fixes.pbo and the hpp should not bring up the error message anymore.

be sure your using CoWarModACE with ACE and not CoWarMod, ACE version is custom built for ACE.

Can you post your Rpt?

There wasn't really a report, it just gave me the error whilst loading the game. Its the same error everyone else had when they came upon the error.

I didn't realise that I had to remove the .hpp file aswell. I'll re-look over the mod and go through the motions again. DO I take out the h.pp for just the COSLX folder or from both the CAWarMod/COSLX folder aswell?

Something to point out though. I use PW6 "ALOT". I downloaded the mod through there and I was surprised to "not" see the ACE version on PW6. I had to go to your website for it (which I found by chance), I installed the ACE version then did the update patches. Is there the possibilty you could supply the community with an ACE version on PW6 with the latest patches? I appreciate that this might be a bit of an ordeal because I read that you spent a few years working on it. I also noticed the extent of the compatibility it has over the other mods from what I saw on your website.

I didn't realise that I had to remove the .hpp file aswell.

not really necessary to do so but once you remove those 3 files then theres nothing asking for the hpp, so its just a file that dont do anything, thats why i say remove it.

DO I take out the h.pp for just the COSLX folder or from both the CAWarMod/COSLX folder aswell?

Your running both CoWarMod and COSLX?

Not necessary COSLX is in COWarMod already, if you removed the files from COSLX, but not CoWarMod then it may be possible the error is coming from COWarMod.

Just run CoWarModACE, you dont need COSLX, jsut get the patches from COSLX on armaholic and put the files in the CoWarModACE addons folder,

and that should update the existing files in the mod.

Again you should be running the COWarModACe version anyways.

I use PW6 "ALOT".

problem here is whatever you remove from your CoSLX folder, pw6 will readd, suggest you rename the @COSLX folder to like @COSLX1 or something,

but make sure that you check, that everytime you run pw6 that the files you removed are not being put back again.

Is there the possibilty you could supply the community with an ACE version on PW6 with the latest patches?

Possible to do, if i do do it then i will just apply all the patches so everyone that wants it just downloads the latest version of the mod.

I will have to look at the mod and see what i have, i dont have it on my computer atm, so i will look into it.

All my mods can be found on Armaholic under modules for Arma2CO, COSLX is on the 2nd page.

lastly just something, please dont quote my whole post, especially when my post is right above yours its not necessary, if you have something specific

in question to what i said then quote that specifically, or jsut reply, dont mean to be anal about it but I know what i said, unless its like a month

later and your quoting then I can understand.

As for COSLX lets keep this thread specifically COSLX, use the thread for CoWarModACE for questions:

For some reason this mod wont work for me. Yeah it works but not all the things that should work like dismembermend and wounds als i have no knife. I have CBA downloaded correctly i think. And i have a few weapon mods and some units and DAF mod.

But the problem here is like i allready said when i installed your mod it does not give everything it supposed to do. I have no errors so that should not be the problem.

Pls help me out.

Kind regards Joran

Hi Joran, sorry to read about your issue, first Welcome to BIS forums!

For COSLX I suggest running the mod by itself, just so that there are no other things possibly conflicting with the mod.

Make sure that when you installed the mod that you do the following:

1. The mod requires arma2, but runs better with Arma2CO which means you also need OA. Also requires @CBA, CBA_A2, and @CBA_OA.

2. extract the zips for both @COSLX, and @CBA

3. move @COSLX,@CBA,@CBA_A2,@CBA_OA to your Arma2 directory which is the same place the Arma2oa.exe is located

4. add this code to your shortcut target line:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COSLX

only add this @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COSLX after -mod= you should only have one -mod= parameter.

After each file there should be a semicolon---> ;

If you have done all that then there should be no reason why the mod isn't working.

If possibly locate your RPT when you start your game with the mod, and post it in reply so I can see your target line for your shortcut,

and anything else going on.

Hi Günter Severloh,

I wanted to ask something about SLX_wounds. I have SLX 1.4 on arma 1 and I saw that you where able to bury a corpse there. I had SLX_wounds and the necessary pbo's that it uses and just used them in arma 2 co and it seemed to work, dragging and not just hide the body but even the grave part worked.:) So I was happy.

However as I was also doing some other things with mods I deleted it accidentally again and after awhile I really missed the option as I was waiting for enemies and my team members bodies where piling up.:p So I tried to get SLX_wounds back in and it didn't work. I tried SLX 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 2.3 and I know that in CoWarMod / ACE and COSLX 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6 it isn't working for me either. I can drag just not get the body to get into it's grave nor hide it anymore.:( I don't know if this is a bug or perhaps it's something I can bypass.

Another thing is I have seen that in Arma 1 SLX there's a "run" (Shift+w) animation that is faster than the fast walk (With weapon up, ready to shoot) animation of arma 2 co (I use W to walk forward and then hold space with it if I want to fast walk (with my weapon up to shoot), It's like running the slope of a mountain where you can't run normally(When hold shift+W)) Anyway I don't know if this animation (of arma 1) is just a file or it's scripted that way, I don't understand the scripting part that much. I would like to see if I can get that animation in my arma 2 for that animation is somewhat too slow compared to normal walking (it's faster just not fast enough) I just can't find the .rpt file for that animation anywhere in the pbo's.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

COSLX does not have the hide dead bodies with graves in it, if you wanted that then you need the Arma1 version that you had.

As for your second description thats default game mechanics your dealing with.

OFP, Arma1, Arma2, OA all walk up the hills slow, nothing is going to change that, unless you have Arma3 which now you can run up hills finally.

Hi,

COSLX does not have the hide dead bodies with graves in it, if you wanted that then you need the Arma1 version that you had.

As for your second description thats default game mechanics your dealing with.

OFP, Arma1, Arma2, OA all walk up the hills slow, nothing is going to change that, unless you have Arma3 which now you can run up hills finally.

You're not understanding me, the arma 1 download says it's version 2.0 on armaholic but in the readme it says 1.4 beta, anyway I used to have it working before (Even the dead guys rifle was set up with it in to the grave) but for some reason now even in arma 1 itself that doesn't work and arma 2 it just disappears the body after dragging. I looked through some COSLX pbo's and there's still references to the bury command etc. So I don't know if you know what files it used to use in the original SLX. (this is my main problem cause I'm sure I had it working in arma 2 also but somehow now it's not even working in arma 1, original SLX was probably REALLY buggy:p) I also re-downloaded that version of SLX to see if I didn't mess something up but somehow it doesn't work for arma 1 now either. Anyway I know it's dependent on SLX_wounds, SLX_Shout and SLX_Netcode, and I think I just used those three into arma 2 (with CBA off course) and it all worked. Now after dragging it just disappears the whole body. And even using all SLX files in arma 2 or 1 it doesn't work either. I looks like somehow the mod developed a bug all by itself after playing awhile..^^ It's really annoying I can't pin point the problem lol.

For this second one I was just curious if you know something about otherwise just let it slip it's not so important (it would be nice though for it would be more like arma 3 movement, having 2 walk speeds, slower/faster);

And I wasn't talking about walking faster onto hills, it was just letting you know what I'm talking about (Normal walking (weapon up(W)) Faster walking with weapon up(W+(For example)space(Holding them)) Is already in arma 2 you just need to set your controls different (I used the mountain analogy to show you what I meant cause it only plays that move then if you use default control scheme). Anyway SLX from arma 1 and I think that same animation is still in most COSLX files for arma 2 also are the same animation just a bit faster; Pressing W will go forward (regular speed) But if you in controls set for example space or another key with that(with W), and you hold them both it won't sprint like for example tapping W twice and sprinting, it will make you walk a bit faster with your weapon up.(This animation plays also when you press shift+W on a hill<Reference for you) I don't want to run onto mountains just ask if you know where this animation from original SLX is located so perhaps I can use it in arma 2 (personal use) for that same animation in arma 2 is way too slow compared to SLX's edit from arma 1.

Edited by RavoC

Review the 1st post in the thread for the animations, i had separated all files into categories based on what they do.