Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

Hey ChrisB,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have been experimenting with your AI mod mix and just wondered what your GL4 settings are in the GL4 userconfig ?

I have watched all your videos and can also confirm its a good setup for the AI. Can you list your mods again just so i can check i have them all.

Cheers,

Cub 1.

Joining the hijack as I'm interested to know about ChrisB's userconfig too, I tried by Pm but never got a reply.

Send him a pm and wait for his reply, this thread is not the place for outside discussions, thread has its title and subject for a reason.

Roger Gunter, sorry for that.

Already said sorry.....

Didn't want to start another thread. The post mentioned does have something to do with your thread as your using most of the aforementioned AI Mods. Just wanted to help with the combination. Already sent a pm days ago.

My apologies Gunter.

With the latest beta’s, some of which are ai alterations, I have been looking through to see if the pbo list’s I use for ai can be streamlined a little. Will finish that by the end of the week, got to finish a mission first.

Not using ace in testing at the moment, our group is 'maybe' moving away from it, so the list (once finished) will be untested for ace, but it should work o.k...

I will reply to any pm messages I have here on the forum soon, with a pbo list to try out. There is interest coming via YT, so I will have to get it sorted.. Some lists are already on the forums somewhere, they however, might be unreliable now..

Sorry again Gunter..

Back to topic;

I see on your other thread your asking about SU, I thought your mod's were already on SU, they were a while back if I remember rightly..

Already said sorry.....

Didn't want to start another thread.

I dont want to be anal about this but saying sorry and then asking anyways dont make it right.

I see on your other thread your asking about SU, I thought your mod's were already on SU,

they were a while back if I remember rightly..

Yes, but no the WarMod series, nor COSLX was never on SU, i talked about it, and Sickboy and I had discussed

a but about it, but it never went anywhere.

Pardon me one more time but how does COWarmodACE use SLX_wounds? it seems to work just fine there but works horribly in SLX, is there a mod that cancels the ACE wounding system out or something?

Np Shammy ask as many as questions you need, i'm happy to answer.

COWarModACE is basically the full version of COWarMod made compatible with ACE mod, that means that the full version of COWarMod was stripped of many

addons and mods that would conflict with ACE's files, i think you understand this.

The point being is that the SLX_Wounds works no different then it does when its with COSLX, as COSLX is also in COWarModACE.

The SLX_wounds may some how work better with the ACE wounding system, i cant say for sure.

is there a mod that cancels the ACE wounding system out or something?

Are you referring to a file in COSLX like a file in COSLX that cancels out more like overwrites would be a better term.

If so not that I know of, it may be just a guess here a config priority where depending on the situation in the mission, scripts within the pbo of SLX_wounds

and then scripts with in the ACE wounding may conflict, as both are executed in someway to do something possibly similar, and where one features does one thing,

another feature can make it seem that a file is not working like it should, hence a conflict.

Does that make sense?

Thankyou for the reply! This is very interesting. One more thing, I would like to get into scripting and things and I'm planning that my first project be to make slx_wounds ACE compatible. I know this may be a bit overpowering for a noob scripter such as myself but I believe strongly that with enough time, I will be able to do this. Problem is, I don't want to go against any regulations and open the mod without permission however Solus has been gone for so long, I doubt he will reply to my PM's or anything for permission. I would like to ask, is there any way to gain permission? I would really like to see this work with ACE, it would be simply magnificent

Good questions.

I would like to get into scripting and things and I'm planning that my first project be to make slx_wounds ACE compatible. I know this may be a bit overpowering

for a noob scripter such as myself but I believe strongly that with enough time, I will be able to do this.

If you want to do this then i will support you, i could/would have attempted it myself, I mean I have looked at all the files and configs before of SLX in general,a dn apon my compilation of SLX into COSLX i di and had to update, and change some configs to get some files to work and basically not spam bug messages, but with my other projects, and my other mods, the SLX wounds thing has really not been to much of an interest to me as for me i feel there is not much i can do anymore with the mod, of course some of that is my lack of interest in the project anymore, and to my laziness to do it, sometimes it hard to do these projects when your physically tired.

Other then not working on the mod, i'm always available to support the mod by answering questions, and helping where I can.

The ACe compatible version for the wounds and SLX_wounds has been asked about a few times, and as myself not really having the patience to work on the aspect of the mod

to make those 2 files compatible for me it was the question whether I'm going to be successful at it, of course you never know unless you try.

Problem is, I don't want to go against any regulations and open the mod without permission however Solus has been gone for so long, I doubt he will reply

to my PM's or anything for permission. I would like to ask, is there any way to gain permission?

Its understandable but Who are you going to ask, Solus is gone, hes out of the picture, plus as he did state on his thread that if people want to modify or update/fix the mod they can.

thing is to understand something in the modding aspect of the community, if an author is gone if they have given the permission to modify their mod stated somewhere then you can do it, as long as proper credits are given apon release of the new modified version. If a modder of a mod is still around in the community, and you wish to change it then you would need to contact them and explain to them what it is that you want to do. i have done this myself probably oh.. 50+ times or so maybe more, but I sent out many................... pms to modders in the community just asking permission if I may include their mods in my WarMod series mods, and pretty much all of them like the idea of you including their work in yours, but of course , and again with proper credits.

With Solus not being around anymore ideally as said you can work on the file and improve it make it compatible whatever you want to do, just give proper credits to him,

and then just dont go out and have your file downloadable and say they your the original creator/author of the file, that would be not only wrong, but then

you would get in trouble by the community here.

All in all your free to change/update/modify the file.

that make sense?

=============

Just some notes for you about SLX_wounds, the file has a coupe files that are dependent on it, so you would need to look at those files too.

I also suggest that you test the file itself on vanilla game and find out everything it does, so you establish a good understanding and background of its functions,

then test with ACE wounds, or medical system.

Also note too that to do the same with ACE medical system by itself, so you know what it does, ect,.

By doing this you can compare notes, you will need to test in various scenarios or situations to get a better idea what is actually happening, or conflicting.

I also suggest that you learn how to unpbo the files, and become familiar with the structure, and layout, as well as the scripts inside.

Must have Tools:

Armaedit http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1455&highlight=ARMAEDIT

Armaedit patch http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1508&highlight=ARMAEDIT

CPBO http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411 or elitness: https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/17781/Eliteness2.91.rar

Squint http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?105860-Squint-the-sqf-editor-and-error-checker

===============

In general too the concept here it to make slx_wounds compatible or work with Ace wounding/medical system, so it is imperative you understand how both files/systems function in game and then take notes.

the scripting aspect, and or coding aspect will come once you grasp the knowledge of the functions and then review the scripts and coding used to make such functions work, from there you can begining to grasp and associate what does what, then from there changing the function will come down to knowing what you want to do or see, and then finding out how to do that.

there are plenty of members in the community here that will support your efforts if your willing to take the necessary steps yourself as i had described above,

folks are willing to help, thing is to ask the right questions. the biggest thing with stuff like this is patience, and testing.

there are many methods of testing, like how fast to get into game without waiting forever on loading, and other things.

============

If your really series about this project then I suggest maybe starting a thread with a title like:

Making SLX_Wounds compatible with ACE Wounds

or something like that, but I'd onyl start a thread like that if you have something in there, some progress of your work, i'm sure a few people would be interested in your idea,

or your work on what your trying to do, and be willing to answer questions for the scripting and coding aspect, but thing is to do as I suggested, get familiar with the files, and test, then go from there.

I hope that is not to confusing, but whenever your ready and willing, i will help you in any way I can, I have my own projects so this is your project,

not mine, but if you need help with something, or questions just ask Im here everyday.

Thank you, see, i didn't know about Solus granting permission before he left but now I have clearance.

Thank you for the information aswell. This may come in extreme usage I will share what I think is the problem: The action is already defined under a name that is already being used by ACE and therefore, attempts to do the ACE functionality instead for priority reasons. If I can just change the name or variable of the action, I think all will be fixed.

Thank you however for your help!

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

LOL I"m truly sorry but it was a problem on my part. I had SLX_NoFirstAid.PBO Enabled and thus it would not allow healing. ACE seems 90 percent comptible with SLX_wounds so far if you just do not use ACE wounding system which is turned off by default In the ACE modifications so unless a mission maker turns it off, there is no problem. My Objective has been accomplished however. I am truly sorry for the bother. Total recklessness on my part lol

A tip: When playing as a medic, Use the ACE interaction key to heal, for some reasons the developers of ACE finds medics having to use the interaction key more appealing.

Edited by Shammy2010

I had SLX_NoFirstAid.PBO Enabled and thus it would not allow healing.

Ha ha, that explains it, thats good to know, and glad you discovered it and figured it out. But that still doesnlt make ACE wounds compatible with SLX_wounds, i have had questions before asking how both could be made compatible or used together. thats the thing, when ACE's wounds are on, adn SLX_wounds are runnign then thats where we need to look.

I would have a project for you if your interested, it does still deal with slx_wounds, i had looked at it before, but basically what i want to accomplish is make it so that

when you bandage yourself you only need to do it once or twice, as right now when you get wounded, it takes god aweful forever to get bandaged up, a real time waster.

My Objective has been accomplished however. I am truly sorry for the bother. Total recklessness on my part lol

Nah its alright, just an small oversite, but none the less you/ we made a discovery which is important and good to know, for compatibility reasons.

yeah total stupidity on my part sorry about that but I could give that a look. When ACE wounds is on, SLX seems to crash, I could see if I can make it so that SLX turns it's wounding system off if ACE wounding system is on however I don't know how successful I will be with the bandage thing. Quite personally, I like how it is, I like originality which is why I don't use ORC_SLX_Wounds. I like the complications, makes it more real. However I could see other people wanting it so I will try to get your bandage thing done when I get the chance. I think I know where to do this in SLX Wounds

I'll give it a shot :)

Hey can you do me a favor? can you please list down a couple of the problems that were reported to you when people used the ACE mod with SLX Wounds? I will try to fix some of those too later. I have came up to some problems myself, sometimes, it is not possible to heal a wounded unit. I am trying to find out why though

Hi Shammy, search through these threads and see what you can find, it was a search i did with ACE:

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=742484

these threads should have some if not all the reports.

But I'd like to list for you if i could the reports, but right now im getting ready for work and will be leaving soon.

Thankyou for the link but it seems to not work lol. Anyways, no worries, I will just look through your thread right here and see what I can do.

I have came up to some problems myself, sometimes, it is not possible to heal a wounded unit. I am trying to find out why though

That happens sometimes without ACE, see my earlier posts in this thread.

Thankyou for the link but it seems to not work lol.

WTF, worked after I posted, all you need to do is search this thread, and type in ACE an post relative will come up.

I have came up to some problems myself, sometimes, it is not possible to heal a wounded unit.

ya same here.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Is it possible to remove the action to drag bodies but not stop AI from dragging one another around?

The reason is the DRAG _PLAYERNAME action gives away who the person is...I'm trying to make it more difficult to identify bodies...:)

Hello, I'm enjoying the mod but noticed consistent bullet impact sounds once a member of my group is wounded. I thought at fist it was an enemy shooting at us, but then realized it was artificially generated. As soon as the injured guy is healed, the sounds stop. I searched to see if this was reported before but didn't find it. Is that a bug or part of the mod?

Is it possible to remove the action to drag bodies but not stop AI from dragging one another around?

Hi, sorry for my late reply, sure it is possible, the dragplayername i believe is independant of the action to drag itslef, I will have to look at the scripts to see were its at and see what i can do.

noticed consistent bullet impact sounds once a member of my group is wounded.

Hi, never have been reported, and myself have not heard any sounds in my recent tests which was only a couple days ago. are you running COSLX by itself with this parameter?

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COSLX

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Thanks Gunter...I'd really love to just lose the name and not the function.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I looked at the scripts but I'm unable to figure out how to disable it the aspect you are referring to, you can find the script:

@COSLX\addons\slx_wounds\f\SLX_Drag

I'm not a scripter, i have worked with many scripts in my days but some scripts are easier

to understand and figure out then others so not much i can really do here, maybe take that script and ask in the editing and scripting section

and explain what you would like to do.

I'm also guessing to that the SLX_drag is also connected somewhere else with another script, but not sure.