Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

Theres only reference to slx_fov in your RPT.

heres what slx_fov does:

Heres the actual code in SLX_FOV config:

class [b]SoldierWB[/b] : CAManBase {
	class HeadLimits : HeadLimits {
		initAngleX = 0;
		minAngleX = -89;
		maxAngleX = 89;
		initAngleY = 0;
		minAngleY = -89;
		maxAngleY = 89;
	};
};

class [b]SoldierEB[/b] : CAManBase {
		initAngleX = 0;
		minAngleX = -89;
		maxAngleX = 89;
		initAngleY = 0;
		minAngleY = -89;
		maxAngleY = 89;
	};
};

class [b]SoldierGB[/b] : CAManBase {
		initAngleX = 0;
		minAngleX = -89;
		maxAngleX = 89;
		initAngleY = 0;
		minAngleY = -89;
		maxAngleY = 89;
	};
};

from the RPT only one line is needed to determine the error, it acts like a folder system, each line \

is a seperation of code in the config:

from the RPT:

Updating base class HeadLimits->HeadLimits, by slx_fov\config.bin/CfgVehicles/[b]SoldierWB[/b]/HeadLimits/
Updating base class HeadLimits->HeadLimits, by slx_fov\config.bin/CfgVehicles/[b]SoldierEB[/b]/HeadLimits/
Updating base class HeadLimits->HeadLimits, by slx_fov\config.bin/CfgVehicles/[b]SoldierGB[/b]/HeadLimits/

I dont know how you came up with SLX_wounds but theres nothing in the RPT in reference to SLX_wounds.

I suggest removing SLX_fov and trying the mission again and see if you get any more errors or issues with the death and specate.

If you want to view the rpt where it more readable and formatted just open the rpt with wordpad, I do that for all the configs otherwise

the codes are all scrambled and all over the place.

This didn't fix it. I followed up on my wounds hunch, and removed wounds, wounds_heads and wounds_ais; killed myself, and no respawn bug. I then tried wounds on it's own, but the bug came back.

It's a shame wounds causes this bug, it had some nice features. But at least I'll be able to use most of the other features, most importantly the AI changes (though AFAIK I'll miss out on AI reviving comrades).

If you're interested in following up on this bug, I'd suggest looking at the post I quoted, and the posts around it. They had a good description of the problem there.

Oh and the RPT never reported anything from wounds. So I guess it's a logic error somewhere.

Ok, odd that SLX_fov file even though referenced in the rpt has nothing to do with the issue, rather backwards, but it might be from what

I had gathered from that post you had mentioned, and the little I looked into of SLX_wounds that its possible the issue is with the revive

aspect when enabled in Dom and the animation in SLX_wounds, just a thought on it anyways I could be wrong, but just as a test to

eliminate any ideas of this, is play the mission without revive, unless you are doing so already.

I will have to look through SLX_wounds more, but even if the culprit is found the scripting aspect, or on how to fix is beyond me,

I know some things but I'm really a compiler not a scripter.

Anyways if anything all i can say is there is a definite conflict between SLX_wounds and Domination.

I will try myself with COSLX and recreate the error or issue and see what happens, as well as play around with the settings and see what I get.

Thanks for reporting.

Hey Günter, sorry for late answer, thanks for your script and help, i know how use it already so its ok, i'll try them. :)

Ok, odd that SLX_fov file even though referenced in the rpt has nothing to do with the issue, rather backwards, but it might be from what

I had gathered from that post you had mentioned, and the little I looked into of SLX_wounds that its possible the issue is with the revive

aspect when enabled in Dom and the animation in SLX_wounds, just a thought on it anyways I could be wrong, but just as a test to

eliminate any ideas of this, is play the mission without revive, unless you are doing so already.

I will have to look through SLX_wounds more, but even if the culprit is found the scripting aspect, or on how to fix is beyond me,

I know some things but I'm really a compiler not a scripter.

Anyways if anything all i can say is there is a definite conflict between SLX_wounds and Domination.

I will try myself with COSLX and recreate the error or issue and see what happens, as well as play around with the settings and see what I get.

Thanks for reporting.

I'll test this out.

Hey Günter, sorry for late answer, thanks for your script and help, i know how use it already so its ok, i'll try them.

Good deal!

@Daniel

The mission for me is broke, I get no errors and I cannot recreate the issue that your having, dont know what else to tell you,

other then remove the SLX_Wounds by itself, or just run SLX_Wounds, and its required files with DOm only and see if you get the same issue,

if you do then you know for sure its that file.

hi, Günter!

what about the problem with slx_vehicleeffects? I have tried the config file to change- delete everything that is with class air / plane / helicopter connected . but I can not re-binarize config.hpp.

Any ideas about this?

Hi rydlock,

Try another tool, some info about binarize:

The term 'binarizing' is sometimes used to describe converting a file into an optimized / binary format, like when converting Config.cpp into Config.bin.

This is in fact not done using Binarize, rather by another tool called CfgConvert.

I do know that slx_vehicleeffects works if you dont have any planes, or choppers, in your mission but I think some if not most of you COSLX/SLX fans should know this by now.

Try that other tool and see how she runs, let me know how it goes, if you end up fixing the file, which I think alot of folks would be interested in having,

then I can host the updated file for you and add you to the credits to the front page.

Hey there Günter,

first I'd like to thank you for the effort you're putting into this project and the community in general!

I have a question tho, it's more about SLX itself but this thread is the spot to start with, I guess.

So, here's my problem, 'hope it wasn't discussed before, I didn't check it to be honst, short on time right now.

It seems as if the SLX Wounds System is kinda incompatible with the ACE² one.

Example:

I shot a guy and he did what I expected him to do, he fell on the ground and moaned for help.

Now, the soldier shows damage textures and stuff like that and seems to be definitely wounded, however,

the ACE wounds system says he's fine, meaning it's useless.

It seems to work as soon as the slx_wounds.pbo is disabled but man, all those nice features...

So, is there any known solution for this issue?

And if not, is there anything planned to remove it?

If yes, tell me how I could help you.

Thanks in advance,

[W] Leon

Your Welcome James but I am not the original Author, you have to thank Solus for that, I just recompiled the mod

without all the files that made the mod crash and freeze, as well as some other things to it ;)

@LAxemann

I understand your problem with slx_wounds and the ACe incompatibility, I wish i knew how to fix the compatibility problem but I do not, I am not a scripter or coder,

Im really a compiler, we would have to find someone who could go through the slx_wounds file, and through the ACE files and make them compatible.

One idea is reproduce the issue you have and then post the rpt, sometimes the rpt will give clues as to whats wrong,

I have fixed a few files in COSLX through this method.

I will be back in the afternoon, got to hit the hay finished a 3rd shift a few hrs ago.

Thanks Günter.

I'll try to get in touch with Solus then, I guess. Checking the rpt sounds like an idea, we'll see...

Tell me if you're trying to fix that problem anyway, I'll see what I/our communitymembers can do. :)

I'll try to get in touch with Solus

You wont be able get a hold of him, I have tried a few times in the past about stuff when i was recompiling SLX, and trying to fix stuff, i think your

best bet is to go into the forums and find someone who knows code, and scripting and plays with ace to help you straighten out the issue, thats what I would do.

I personally am not working on the mod as i have my hands full with other projects, plus theres really not much more I can do with the mod,

probably the only thing Ic an think of to do with the mod is get updated signatures made, anything else let me know, im on the forums everyday.

is there a way for COSLX Wounds to work with the ACE Medical system more...? Another thing is also not being able to heal an AI soldier that is down and not in your squad... can apply bandage, but the heal option doesnt seem to work. just curious.

Scratch what was posted, I see after going back a few days that I am not the only one... If I am able to find the solution, would you be able to recompile and post it up... lately this is what I do, tear apart and find the issue as most of the authors have go with the wind sometimes to some really great mods. :)

Edited by VRCRaptor

Ya if you can find the cause, and figure out how to get it to work then let me know I'll recompile it for sure.

Yes it runs good, still has a couple hidden bugs but it is very stable.

The original SLX mod which was made by Solus was buggy, COSLX is my updated version that removes the files that crash and freeze your game,

but the mod is very stable and fun to play, I have also integrated COSLX into my COWarMod versions too.

Any questions, or problems about the mod then let me know.

Is this mod ok to download or is it buggy? Looks fantastic!

you must have this mod, download it, works well.

Its not really designed in mind to work with other wounding/medical systems specifically, there are files in COSLX that disable the BIS system for certain features if you add them.

In general its a standalone system with alot of features, and it would conflict with other systems like ACE's medical system to some degree, all depends on what other mods and systems do,

if some features are the same then some system features can either overwrite, or be overwritten all depends.

How can I disable COSLX medical system, for use ACE medical system?

slx_removefirstaidaction, SLX_NoFirstAid and slx_removehealaction not working when I use it (or I don't know how use it right).

Edited by TheChaos

Remove SLX_wounds.pbo, that has all the medical functions for wounding and medical.

the other files SLX_NoFirstAid and slx_removehealaction dont work for some reason.

I cannot fix them either, I basically recompiled SLX and removed the crashing, freezing bugs and fixed a few configs, but beyond that I am not the original author of SLX.

COSLX is my version of SLX which is Solus's original mod. Just so you know where Im coming from with this mod.

Thanks, but when I remove SLX_wounds.pbo - awesome wounds system and gore are stop working :(

Yup, so its either or. I've already been asked about this issue before, and sorry to say its out of my hands, i can look at files and configs

and such but to actually make them work together that is ACE wounds and SLX wounds, would take some skills in coding and scripting

to figure it out, and i have neither, Im just a fanatic Compiler, lol

I would suggest that if you wanted a compatibility with both ACE and slx_wounds system then post a thread in the editing and scripting section

of the forums and then give your feedback, do some tests, provide your results, and see if you can get someone to look at the scripts, and point

things out, thats what I'd do.

I dont know if anyone else has found this to be true however, I have been tooling around with the slx_vehicleEffects.pbo... and well what i have noticed so far is that tracked / armored vehicles had working effects.. (and they are awesome!!) .

However,

as soon as a wheeled vehicle is damaged the game crashes..

I havent read anyone else noticing exactly what cause the crashing .. but from what my testing has shown is that any wheeled vehicle damamaged in any way results in game crash .. so it has to be something in that area of scripting..

i have had trouble decompileing the pbo's .. until just a few weeks ago .. misplaced .dll files.. Derp...

So anywho if anyone is interested in helping looking for and solving the issue .. the effects i have seen work so far are just awesome!!

Hi Lordprimate,

Yes i have looked at the files and tested it a few times, I never tested with wheeled vehicles, the only time my game crashed

with that file was when I had helicopters blowup, or be shot down, or the game would freeze, and or crash at some point with them, if I didn't have any chopper in the mission I had no issues.

harumph... i though i was on to something. So, for you it is helicopters and for me its wheeled vehicles..

.. dammit ...