Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

Hello Günter,

I applied the patch and tried the unit classes which were not able to pick up the weapons. Until now I did not discover any class not being able to pick up the weapons anymore - thank you very much for the help.

I wonder why the problem was only there for some units when it seems to be actually a weapon dropping problem - or was it just coincidence that for the standard rifleman the weapons were never dropped?

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for answering my earlier questions. I've played some more with SLX and while I love the new wounding system, exactly how reliable is it? I've been playing the Chasing Grim Reaper user campaign and sometimes the SLX First Aid ability goes missing and I have no way of manually treating a teammate, although teamswitching to another AI and the back will usually allow the bot to patch up the wounded successfully. Also, I don't remember seeing this in the readme/features list but does a medic have any advantage or special ability in the wound system? Finally, I think a disable BIS drag function needs to be implemented as well because I sometimes get two drag options.

But all in all SLX is a great mod that enhances gameplay greatly.

I wonder why the problem was only there for some units when it seems to be actually a weapon dropping problem -

or was it just coincidence that for the standard rifleman the weapons were never dropped?

The weapons were dropped but you had to run around the body for the action to be triggered, the same idea goes with getting into a car, or getting

the option for an ammo box to display gear in your action menu, I believe the issue has to be the distance and or position you had to be in in order to

pick up a weapon, then sometimes the weapon was not around the body but on the ground like 2 ft away, I was always able to pick up a weapon but it was tricky.

@Kildar I really cant help you with campaigns, as I never play them, and probably wont, I only ever played OFP campaigns, but reporting what issue you are getting

we can possibly find the culprit file and remove it, all i can say is remove SLX_wounds and go from there.

as far as reliability, its sporadic but works most of the time. A goo way to test is to plop down a squad vs squad at a distance in the editor and see what you get,

thats how I always test with COSLX and my other mods, I use various scenarios that utilize specific features of the mod to see if they work and do what they are supposed to.

AI and the back will usually allow the bot

Just to make a correction here, the difference between AI and a bot is, AI have scripts that are run and they actually are responding, and or thinking in

response to what your doing, or situation.

A bot is basically a soldier that follows a path to a give destination, really not a self thinking entity if you will.

but does a medic have any advantage or special ability in the wound system?

What advantage would he have, other then heal or give medical attention to a fellow team member.

Finally, I think a disable BIS drag function needs to be implemented as well because I sometimes get two drag options.

Until I learn scripting which will probably never or someone else fixes the remaining issues/bugs then the mod stays where its at with some things.

your only real option is to not use the files that give you those features, if your having issues with them, or find a replacement like dap AI.

Thanks for your work on this MOD.

Question1:

I want to see if I can use COSLX 2.5 along with the ASR AI mod.

However, both mods affect the AI skill and accuracy, and I don't want them to conflict and create weird AI settings.

Do you think I can therefore remove:

slx_ai_difficulties.pbo

slx_ai_difficulties.pbo.SLX_MOD_A2.bisign

slx_ai_spawnskill.pbo

slx_ai_spawnskill.pbo.SLX_MOD_A2.bisign

slx_aiskill.pbo

slx_aiskill.pbo.SLX_MOD_A2.bisign

Hopefully this means that ASR would then completely control the AI difficulty and avoid any conflict? (No pun intended)

Or is this really not necessary?

Question 2:

I am not using the 'shortcut method' of starting the game using the -mod parameter.

I am just enabling mods in the in-game 'extensions' menu.

I can set mods in a certain order. Should COSLX come first, or should ASR AI be first?

Cheers.

Hi AntiArma glad to see you here on BIS forums too.

To answer your questions:

Question1:

I want to see if I can use COSLX 2.5 along with the ASR AI mod.

However, both mods affect the AI skill and accuracy, and I don't want them to conflict and create weird AI settings.

Do you think I can therefore remove:

slx_ai_difficulties.pbo

slx_ai_difficulties.pbo.SLX_MOD_A2.bisign

slx_ai_spawnskill.pbo

slx_ai_spawnskill.pbo.SLX_MOD_A2.bisign

slx_aiskill.pbo

slx_aiskill.pbo.SLX_MOD_A2.bisign

I suggest try with and without and see what you get, but it has already been reported that ASR_Ai works with COSLX as well as GL4,

those 3 are pretty good combo for the game, another new addition to the addons for AI for Arma2Co is TPWC AI suppression system .

Hopefully this means that ASR would then completely control the AI difficulty and avoid any conflict? (No pun intended)

Or is this really not necessary?

Conflicts are bound to happen, as COSLX is a customizable mod, the mod still has bugs in it even when you run it on its own,

I am as with others are still discovering, and figuring out how to fix.

ASR wouldn't completely control all the Ai as long as you had all the AI files in the addons folder of COSLX, refer to the 1st page of this thread to see the list of AI files you would have to remove in order to have ASR_AI be fully used. Some files i wouldn't remove, i personally would leave all the files as is until i ran into a conflict and then report your findings, or if you discover something then more power to you.

Nothing in the mod is really complete or final, as said the mod still has bugs and there are various files,

and features that still need fixing ect,. but overall the mod runs pretty good and it is great.

CoSLX here is actually my updated version of the original SLX mod built by Solus, all i did was remove the major bugs that froze and crash the game,

as well as fix and update a few files, and then recompile it.

Question 2:

I am not using the 'shortcut method' of starting the game using the -mod parameter.

I am just enabling mods in the in-game 'extensions' menu.

I can set mods in a certain order. Should COSLX come first, or should ASR AI be first?

thats fine,i would suggest running COSLX first as it is a bigger mod and your are runnign that as a main mod, while ASR_AI supplements CoSLX with added features.

As a suggestion if you want a massive array of addons and mods from the gameplay community of modders which includes COSLX and ASR_Ai as well as the TPWC AI suppression system

and many other mods, you should check out COWarMod (link in my sig).

Disabling the dragging in SLX would be very complex, the drag function is called from multiple scripts. I looked into this & decided it was way beyond me :)

Note that DAPMAN also includes dragging, by the way.

I got a little insight into one of the occasional bugs last night, testing my prototype port of Flashpoint Chernarus v1.21 to Podagorsk; CO v1.62 with asr_ai v1.16 beta1, TPWC AIS v3.02, & TPW_LOS v1.02.

COSLX was ORC_SLX_wounds, ai_noautoengage, ai_dodge, findcover, shout, cloud, & netcode. (@AntiArma - I have seen no evidence of conflicts between this set of SLX mods & asr_ai).

I healed a fallen medic, whereupon it got stuck in a loop "Throwing smoke! Throwing smoke!" - although it was not, it was running the animation but holding a pistol. Recruited it & checked the gear - it did have smoke grenades. It would not respond to commands. I entered the gear menu again (via map>units>gear) & dropped the pistol. Medic became fully functional. While the pistol bug that got units stuck in vanilla has been fixed, it seems there is still a potential issue with COSLX. I suspect that there may be issues with this & possibly other SLX animations for recent patches. "Standing dead" & units that remain prone & unresponsive after healing might also be caused by animations that do no terminate/transition correctly.

I may experiment with editing the scripts to call an appropriate standard animation (where possible) instead of the SLX ones - as/when/if I get time. Actually I may edit out the smoke-throwing from SLX & see what happens. It's a configurable option in asr_ai anyway. I should note that I have seen the 'throwing smoke' bug without asr_ai, & with asr_ai throw-smoke option disabled, so I don't believe it's (only) a conflict.

Hey guys,

So I was wondering if it was possible to change or add more wounded animations to SLX_wounds?? Because I've been doing some browsing in the AnimationViewer and I have found a couple of anims form the campaign that would go really well with the wounding system (ex. I found an animation of a guy rolling around, holding his side, its called "ActsPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_TreatingInjured_NikitinDead" - would be good to mix it up so you don't see the same wounded anims all the time). But I have no idea where the scripts calling the animations are in the wounds.pbo. So could any of you guys with more experience with this mod look into this for me please? I really would like to figure this out...

Steez

Edited by Steezy925

Hey Günter, thank you for the reply but that didn't really answer my question... I checked the /data and all i found were a bunch of .paa files, so let me be a bit more clear as to what I'm trying to do.

This is really, really hard to explain over text, so here it goes. I'm trying to change the default wounded animation in which the wounded person is lying on their left side somewhat, they can throw grenades from this position and can crawl around slowly. It's definitely a custom animation, becuase i had never seen it in Arma2 before I added COSLX. The reason being I want to change it is because IMO it looks unrealistic and is a big immersion killer for me, so I want to change it with a better-suited animation such as "AmovPpneMstpSnonWpstDnon_injured" or something like that. Problem is, I checked the config.bin in slx_wounds, and i couldn't figure out where to change the animations. It's weird, it seems like a bunch of animations don't even exist, for example I found:

class SLX_WoundedLyingToBack: SLX_WoundedLyingDefault

{

actions="SLX_WoundedLyingBackActions";

file="\ca\Anims\Characters\data\Anim\Sdr\inj\AinjPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon_rolltoback";

looped=0;

connectFrom[]=

{

"SLX_WoundedLying",

};

connectTo[]=

{

"SLX_WoundedLyingSpasm1",

};

speed=0.300000;

interpolationSpeed=3;

But i checked in the slx_wounds/anim/wounded, and there is no SLX_woundedLying or SLX_woundedLyingSpasm1. There are only a bunch of .rtm files... Sorry if i'm missing something obvious here, I'm still really new to .sqf and .bin scripting. Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm still occasionally suffering a BigCloudlets.cfg type message which mystifies me as I've loaded the slx_cloud.pbo

Any ideas?

Hi Steezy925,

You would have to open those rtm files and see whats inside them, I believe those rtm files are your answer, but surely they are tied or called from somewhere,

its little beyond me, I suggest get more info on rtm files and how to open them, and ask in the editing scripting section, surely someone can tell you how to replace the animation.

@domokun

Theres a few files that (conflict)effect the smoke and or dust that could be making that come up:

slx_tanksmoke

slx_impacts

slx_gunsmoke

slx_explosiondust

slx_cannonsmoke

each of these files have a cloudlets cfg. in them, but i did not see any reference to bigcloudlets.cfg

can you post in a spoiler your RPT, rpt would better give a clue.

Tried this mod today, its great addon, but it make the game very slow on some mission after some time of playing. After many test, i saw that the SLX_wounds make me lose 6/7 fps in the benchmark 2, 15 without SLX_wounds, 8/9 with... that sad cause the wound system its really nice. Any solution for it ?

Edited by benouyt

Tried this mod today, its great addon, but it make the game very slow on some mission after some time of playing. After many test, i saw that the SLX_wounds make me lose 6/7 fps in the benchmark 2, 15 without SLX_wounds, 8/9 with... that sad cause the wound system its really nice. Any solution for it ?

That can happen if you have a lot of units when you have weapon dropping &/or Gibs enabled. A lot of objects accrue that are not removed by any battlefield clearance script I have tried. The effect is less with my version ORC_slx_wounds, which I hacked to disable weapon dropping. Not sure that's the only issue, however.

Héhé, its the ORC_slx_wounds i use already cause i tought it could fix this, but nope it didnt, or maybe just a bit but on long time it start again to become slow.. :/ and what is gibs ?

Gibs is another word for body chunks, or meat, or flesh, blood, guts, body parts, ect,.

If your having an FPS issue then I'd suggest using a body removal or clearance script/code, if you need one I have a couple.

Ah okaay i see, thanks for your help, but i dont really know how use code and script, its something i must put in the SLX_wounds pbo or its something i must put in mission files ? Cause i would like to use it without edit mission or anything you know. (sorry for my english x)

Your welcome, well its a script you add to the folder of your mission, has nothing to do with the mod.

But basically add a trigger in the editor and your done, its fairly simple, i can give you an example mission if you wish on how to use it.

or I can tell you step by step what to do.

Yes thanks, it can always be useful, i think i know how do this, create text file in mission folder and put all lines in it and stuff, if i remember.

Review my post here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?124600-delete-dead-vehicles&p=2016996#post2016996 about deleting and removing

dead bodies and destroyed vehicles, I show how to do it step by step what you need ect,.

I don't think that gibs are easily removed. The persist in thomsonb's Flashpoint series (uses a BIS function, IIRC) and in a mission I'm working on which uses Celery's script. The body parts probably need to have some sort of entries or entries in a config. I haven't time to check this - in fact I haven't had time even to play for some weeks & won't for at least another 4-5 weeks :(

Work is the curse of the gaming classes!

Hey all.

Has anyone got a solution to the bug caused when you respawn using slx and domination (specifically caused by slx wounds)? When I click respawn I get stuck in spectator mode looking at the respawned version of myself.

Post your rpt when running COSLX and Domination when that occurs.

How do you know its caused by slx_wounds?

I'd suggest disabling the spectator aspect of Domination.

Post your rpt when running COSLX and Domination when that occurs.

How do you know its caused by slx_wounds?

I'd suggest disabling the spectator aspect of Domination.

I'm guessing it's caused by slx_wounds as I read some back posts on this thread - however those posts didn't suggest any solutions.

Here is the rpt from my server - I simply started the game, picked up some grenades, threw one, and walked on top of it. I dies, respawned and got stuck in spectator mode. I'd like to avoid disabling spectator mode, but if it's the last resort I may do so.

http://depositfiles.com/files/usv6cci4n

I also noticed that I notched up two deaths in one go - see the following quote from earlier in this thread:

ok, after logging 20 times onto my server and falling to my death repeatedly i found the culprit.

its SLXWounds :/

it seems that according to the DOM you are simply unconsious when getting hit or hitting the ground but slx decides you are in fact dead.

which is why i get the display "XXX has died" once upon impact and then again when hitting the respawn key where it should be "xxx is unconsious" and when respawning "xxx has died".

sooo... either its norrins script (i believe that is what is being used) or the slx wounds which needs to be looked at.

since i have even less clue about scripting than you :p i will leave that one up to those that are "in the know" about these things.

Theres only reference to slx_fov in your RPT.

heres what slx_fov does:

SLX_FOV: Extended and normalized fields of view. Zoom in, squint, focus on far object, concentration,

tunnel vision, turns slower. Fit actual player field view of game world through monitor.

Normal field of view, not focused on far object or peripheral vision. Binocular vision. Zoom out, focus on peripheral vision,

can turn faster, especially useful for freelook. Peripheral vision.

Heres the actual code in SLX_FOV config:

class [b]SoldierWB[/b] : CAManBase {
	class HeadLimits : HeadLimits {
		initAngleX = 0;
		minAngleX = -89;
		maxAngleX = 89;
		initAngleY = 0;
		minAngleY = -89;
		maxAngleY = 89;
	};
};

class [b]SoldierEB[/b] : CAManBase {
		initAngleX = 0;
		minAngleX = -89;
		maxAngleX = 89;
		initAngleY = 0;
		minAngleY = -89;
		maxAngleY = 89;
	};
};

class [b]SoldierGB[/b] : CAManBase {
		initAngleX = 0;
		minAngleX = -89;
		maxAngleX = 89;
		initAngleY = 0;
		minAngleY = -89;
		maxAngleY = 89;
	};
};

from the RPT only one line is needed to determine the error, it acts like a folder system, each line \

is a seperation of code in the config:

from the RPT:

Updating base class HeadLimits->HeadLimits, by slx_fov\config.bin/CfgVehicles/[b]SoldierWB[/b]/HeadLimits/
Updating base class HeadLimits->HeadLimits, by slx_fov\config.bin/CfgVehicles/[b]SoldierEB[/b]/HeadLimits/
Updating base class HeadLimits->HeadLimits, by slx_fov\config.bin/CfgVehicles/[b]SoldierGB[/b]/HeadLimits/

I dont know how you came up with SLX_wounds but theres nothing in the RPT in reference to SLX_wounds.

I suggest removing SLX_fov and trying the mission again and see if you get any more errors or issues with the death and specate.

If you want to view the rpt where it more readable and formatted just open the rpt with wordpad, I do that for all the configs otherwise

the codes are all scrambled and all over the place.