Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

I think I can do that some time this week. I'll be glad to help because I really enjoy your mod, it's already on my "must-have" list.

I have one more question. It seems like when I'm using COSLX, the TAG System (built-in ARMA 2 feature that highlights enemies/neutrals/friendlies with red/white/greed dots directly on your screen, for blind people and those who are awful at this game, like me) doesn't seems to work properly.

It still shows the dots at the edges of the screen (simulating peripheral vision) but not when I'm looking directly at an enemy/friendly.

Is it a bug or a feature? I haven't managed to find anything related to that, in your feature list.

Hi,

You wont get that with COSLX, its part of vanilla, you shouldn't directly see those as its specifically meat for edges of the screen as fa as I know.

Try without COSLX and run the game in vanilla, and see what response you get that should answer your question.

Hi,

You wont get that with COSLX, its part of vanilla, you shouldn't directly see those as its specifically meat for edges of the screen as fa as I know.

Try without COSLX and run the game in vanilla, and see what response you get that should answer your question.

It's definitely COSLXs fault. I tried disabling COSLX, leaving all other mods on and the TAG system started working properly again. TAG doesn't work even when I disable all mods except for COSLX, so it's not a compatibility issue, it's something COSLX does.

I suppose that it's a bug and not intended feature?

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

The bug was caused by slx_ai_difficulties, I removed it since apparently it doesn't even do anything for those who use ASR_AI, and it works correctly now.

My guess is that it overrides Enemy TAG difficulty setting.

Good deal, glad you figured it out,

I never paid attention to the tag thing as I never had them on so I would have never known that would have been an issue, so good find.

Good deal, glad you figured it out,

I never paid attention to the tag thing as I never had them on so I would have never known that would have been an issue, so good find.

I had to go through .pbo's one by one to find it :/

Fortunately I was lucky enough to start with AI related .pbo's.

Wounding system on the mod isn't working for me either. Downloaded COSLX today, and I keep getting either "Script SLX_Wounds\s\SLX_Wounds.sqs not found" or "Script SLX_Wounds\s\SLX_Wounds_Hit.sqs not found" messages. I tried replacing SLX_Wounds with ORC_SLX_Wounds as recommended a couple pages back to no effect. Wounds and the SLX damage/dismemberment system simply refuse to function. Aside from CBA and INKO disposable, all of my mods are quite literally just unit and/or vehicle packs.

EDIT: My target line:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@INKO;@ONS;@DayZ;@SteyerAUG;@SCUD;@Iranian_Forces;@Iranian_Forces_AI_Config;@ONS-OA;@Greek_Units;@RHS_SS21;@TGW;@gf_segu;@FDF;@bracer;@SRA;@Tavi;@UN;@SU33;@M1151;@HEXAgon;@lingor;@bell206;@airliners;@M15YO;@COSLX

Edited by Bungdup

EDIT: My target line:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@INKO;@ONS;@DayZ;@SteyerAUG;@SCUD;@Iranian_Forces;@Iranian_Forces_AI_Config;@ONS-OA;@Greek_Units;@RHS_SS21;@TGW;@gf_segu;@FDF;@bracer;@SRA;@Tavi;@UN;@SU33;@M1151;@HEXAgon;@lingor;@bell206;@airliners;@M15YO;@COSLX

Jeez... Looks like you're loading every mod you've grabbed so far, which is probably unnecessary at best and self-defeating at worst (mixing addons & mods must be done stepwise & systematically because of the possibility of conflicts). What is the point of loading DayZ with all those Islands? Isn't it limited to Chernarus?

Remove all but the CBA & COSLX files & see if it works - which it should. Then add back each mod separately to see if it conflicts.

If it helps - IIRC I had several problems with Iran_AI, don't recall if COSLX was affected but I stopped using it almost immediately. The unit & vehicle addons are unlikely to conflict, try throwing them all in with CBA & COSLX. If no problems, remove them & then add the non-unit/vehicle addons individually & test each time.

No idea about Dayz, have never played it.

Only reason I'm still loading DayZ is because it adds zombies to the editor. It doesn't affect the singleplayer game at all otherwise. I've tried grabbing COWAR instead of SLX and I still get the same bug, but it does mean I can get rid of INKO Disposable. I'll also try cleaning out the Iranian Forces AI. Will update with findings...

EDIT: Good call remembering your issues with Iran AI. For some reason the Iranian Forces Enhanced AI module was countering the wounding system. Sadly however, it seems that the scenario I've been working on every day for the past week is now doomed, because it won't open without the Iranian Forces AI Module.

SIGH.

EDIT 2: Ha! Decided to open the mission SQF and see if it had a list of mods to load with the scenario. Sure enough, there was.. Deleting Iranian_AI fixed it. Oh, happy days.

EDIT 3: Except medics now insist on dragging casualties around instead of healing them XD It's really quite hilarious: Someone's rolling on the ground screaming in pain... Should the medic try to bandage him? Give him morphine to ease his suffering? Naw, best thing to do is drag him around in the dirt for a few minutes while he bleeds out.

Medics are jerks.

Edited by Bungdup

EDIT 3: Except medics now insist on dragging casualties around instead of healing them XD It's really quite hilarious: Someone's rolling on the ground screaming in pain... Should the medic try to bandage him? Give him morphine to ease his suffering? Naw, best thing to do is drag him around in the dirt for a few minutes while he bleeds out.

Medics are jerks.

Yep, something you learn quickly as you die slowly while the medic does a cretinous dance around you for several minutes even in vanilla...

OTOH while enemies are dragging their wounded they are easy pickings :smiley-evil:

One reason I'm working (albeit slowly) on an addon that doesn't include dragging. Aim is to get an automated medic function for AI rather like Demonized's lovely automated (player's team only) medic script.

However, back to the original issue - you should avoid loading multiple islands, The reported reason is that sometimes the configs conflict which could cause various sorts of weirdness. Even when there are no conflicts, it will increase the loading time &, I suspect, take up space in the swap file if not in RAM (though I've never tested this & could be totally off-the-wall). Load just the one you need for the mission.

Hmm, I personally don't seem to be having any sort of conflicts myself between the three custom landmaps I've downloaded. I don't doubt that it can happen, I just seem to be lucky in the maps I've picked :P

As for load times and memory usage, Load times are, oddly enough, actually faster than before I modded the crap out of it. I know, LOLWUT? Doesn't make any sense to me either, but I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth :P And I run task manager in the background all the time to make sure there aren't any unnecessary processes popping up that could slow the game down with an unexpected spike. Developed the habit from FO3 and NV, both of which were infamous for CTD if there was -any- sudden change in background memory use. My memory while running CO has always sat around a comfortable 30-35%.

Also: Had another awfully hilarious medic-related incident...

Was testing a custom scenario, and got hit by an enemy. I'm lying on the tarmac, bleeding, and the medic comes over, grabs me, and pulls me away...

Right into the path of an oncoming OPFOR BTR that's barreling down from the far end of the airstrip. Guess who became human hamburger?

Thanks, Doc. Standup job. Really deserve that red cross on your arm. XD

Edited by Bungdup

I could have told you it was @Iranian_Forces_AI_Config as it has a modified version of SLX_wounds.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14522&highlight=IRANIAN_FORCES_AI_CONFIG

The AI Config trys to improve AI behaviour:

-The AI Config trys to improve AI behaviour, uses a modified zeu_sys_AI with permission

-AI with Anti Tank will target choppers.

-AI vehicle and chopper gunners are more pro-active when targetting and shooting.

-Visual effects when bullets passing nearby.

-removed cross hairs to rifles, making gameplay more realistic and having to utilise weapon sights.

-modified SLX wounding, Lite version - Only bleeding and blood splatter used.

I've tried grabbing COWAR instead of SLX and I still get the same bug,

thats because COSLX is in CoWarMod.

Usually when errors or issues are reported its with using COSLX by itself, its hard to fix a mod if reports are inaccurate when combined with other mods,

because as soon as you combine another mod, and I have done this many times for COWarMod and my other WarMod versions, you have to check to

see if one mod is not overwriting another mods features, or vice versa.

The ORC COSLX wounds mod link is broken (Who the hell uses rapidshit anyway)

Can anyone upload it?

Also, the COSLX wounds seems to mess up the AI, they seem to make AI refuse to follow orders for some reason, and the AI leader will not continue their path on the mission as a result. Its probably because of conflicts with other AI mods I am using but dont want to remove, Was hoping maybe ORC would fix this.

EDIT: It seems to be the Mechanized Tactics mod, not the wounds mod, however I would still like to checkout ORC mod.

Edited by Hyzoran

The ORC COSLX wounds mod link is broken

No, it is not.

ORC_wounds is the alternative to SLX_Wounds, it disables 1 feature of SLX_wound which it prevents the Ai from dropping their weapons when they get killed.

The ORC COSLX wounds mod link is broken (Who the hell uses rapidshit anyway)

Link isn't broken, but the file isn't there as I had just tried it myself, i will host the file with my host, also lets not be rude, Orcinus who made the ORC_wounds file hosted it.

If your having issues report like you had done leave the comments out of it, its not necessary, the links can be easily fixed.

Also if your having issues with the AI then I suggest Running COSLX by itself and see if it does the same thing, running CoSLX with other AI mods depending on

which ones can change how the game is played versus COSLX alone, obviously but results may be good or bad.

BTW ORC_wounds is not a mod, its just an updated file of SLX_wounds.

What AI mods were or are you running?

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Front page updated with new link for ORC_Slx_wounds

Link isn't broken, but the file isn't there as I had just tried it myself, i will host the file with my host...Front page updated with new link for ORC_Slx_wounds

Hi buddy. Weird - I made a test download just before I posted this morning. Someone else downloaded at 09:25 BST. I just checked again, the file is still there & downloads OK even if I'm not logged in. Maybe a site problem. Anyway, your putting it elsewhere is fine. Thanks!

Your welcome, either way your work is still available.

Hey remember when i pm'd you about the AI popping smoke, and you mentioned SLX_wounds, and those 2 scripts, I havent had the chance to test it out but this line:

under

=+GO HELP=

// throw smoke if there is a far enemy and the person is alive and wounded

Remove the 2 // forward brackets and test, to see if it would work where the AI wont pop smoke if and when they get wounded.

this script is the f folder under SLX_wounds.

I'd test it but have other things im working on.

Hey remember when i pm'd you about the AI popping smoke, and you mentioned SLX_wounds, and those 2 scripts, I havent had the chance to test it out but this line:

under

=+GO HELP=

// throw smoke if there is a far enemy and the person is alive and wounded

Remove the 2 // forward brackets and test, to see if it would work where the AI wont pop smoke if and when they get wounded.

this script is the f folder under SLX_wounds.

I'd test it but have other things im working on.

? - removing the rem "//" would crash the script - it precedes a comment. I think you meant rem out the subsequent section (lines 483 to 486 in the sqf; I think the .sqs file is redundant, probably the original before Solus converted & expanded it).

I might have some time to try that over the weekend. However, I've been thinking that perhaps a useful addition to SLX would be a user config, enabling/disabling things like smoke-throwing & gibs; but I don't have time to get into that at the moment.

Ya userconfig probably would be a real good idea, we could have a number of things to adjust, and or turn off, but how would that be setup,

it would some how have to be coded or synced with the scripts that run particular features we wish to adjust, or disable.

Ya userconfig probably would be a real good idea, we could have a number of things to adjust, and or turn off, but how would that be setup,

it would some how have to be coded or synced with the scripts that run particular features we wish to adjust, or disable.

At the moment I have only the vaguest idea :P

... which is why it will have to wait a while til I get a sufficiently clear block of time to study hoe configs are made. I need to do it firstly for the mag-lobbing addon. I think that will be easier than for a multifunction-mod like SLX.

Ya i remember that little project you had going, hows that coming along, have you been working on that?

Also for userconfig, not like we couldn't ask some of the other modders, Like Rob, or someone else.

It would be an understatement to say that this is an impressive and comprehensive mod for CO. After reading the first and last few pages of this thread, I do have a few questions:

1. It seems like it works fine with ASR and TPW enhancements, but does COSLX have any other known conflicts with other mods?

2. Is this required by both server and client?

3. Should the sound mods in here (bullet crack and impact IRC) be used with JSRS?

4. Is the custom wounding system supposed to compliment BIS's first aid modules and potentially other systems?

Hi Kildar

1. It seems like it works fine with ASR and TPW enhancements, but does COSLX have any other known conflicts with other mods?

There may be some with major mods that have their own configs, I have COSLX in COWarMod which has 213 addons and mods and I havent run into any issues.

2. Is this required by both server and client?

COSLX is a gamplay mod meaning it doesn't have any units, weapons, or vehicles it adds to your game, so if you were to join server with it running then you should

see all the features ingame while other players on the server will not see the effects/features that you see.

Only time it is required on a server is if you put it on a server and have clients connecting require it by using equalModRequired = 1;

also if you have running verifySignatures = 1; then anyone connecting will need to have the mod as well. But COSLX has old signatures, not the latest v 2 sig.

3. Should the sound mods in here (bullet crack and impact IRC) be used with JSRS?

Bullet crack file as far as I know and tested once a while back doe not work, and the impact sounds may or may not work with JSRS,

you would have to run the file and see if it does,as I do not use JSRS, only parts of it.

4. Is the custom wounding system supposed to compliment BIS's first aid modules and potentially other systems?

Its not really designed in mind to work with other wounding/medical systems specifically, there are files in COSLX that disable the BIS system for certain features if you add them.

In general its a standalone system with alot of features, and it would conflict with other systems like ACE's medical system to some degree, all depends on what other mods and systems do,

if some features are the same then some system features can either overwrite, or be overwritten all depends.

Ya i remember that little project you had going, hows that coming along, have you been working on that?

Also for userconfig, not like we couldn't ask some of the other modders, Like Rob, or someone else.

RL issues for the last couple of months delayed that & other matters.

Yeah, but ego issues mean I want to make at least a basic one myself first :)

I found a problem when using COSLX: When being some type of units it is not possible to pick up primary weapons. Ammo and other stuff is available in the gear screen, but not the weapon. This occurs only for some characters: i found it to happen for most of the CDF characters (not for the officer though). The problem does not occur for USMC woodland rifleman and most of the other USMC units. The USMC machinegunner has the same issue though. So as you can see I couldn't identify what criteria for the units leads to the issue.

I have patched to 1.6 and use the latest CBA. The problem occurs both with and without ACE. That's all the info that I think could help to track down the error - but since I'm a newbie I might have forgotten something.

Hi Behemeth, seen your other thread, obviously I pmed you to post your issue here.

COSLX always ahd this issue, as you said it depends on certain units, but if you walk around the body if a dead unit the ability to pick up the weapon will be hard to do.

On of the regular posters and fans of the mod has helped out and has created a file that disables the weapon dropping.

See here:

ORC_SLX_wounds For Arma2CO (Arma2 + OA) users:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42601124/ORC_Wounds.rar

Now the issue I believe your having ahs to do with SLX_wounds where the Ai when killed will drop their weapons, well as we all know its a pain in the ass to pick them up,

and some times as you have explained and noticed that some AI's weapons you cannot get.

the file above disabled the weapon dropping feature in the mod for that specific file, thereby you should be able to go into the dead AI's gear and grab the weapon of your choice.

with SLX_wounds currently int he @COSLX folder, remove that (dont delete it) just take it out of the addons folder and then put the ORC_Slx_wounds.pbo in the folder instead,

then test our game and let us know how it works for you.