Gunter Severloh

COSLX - An updated version of the original SLX Mod

I dont think its signed, I did not create the mod, i just updated the original SLX.

For keys you may have to find someone on the forums here to update the keys as i do not know how.

private server or public server?

I have a public server. Maybe someone can update the key. I'd like to use this in Warfare BE. So many good enhancements. Thanks for keeping it going. ;)

Currently working on these 2 files in COSLX

-Mg_reload

Look into this and find out why reload time is instant rather then slow as it should be.

-SLX_Melee-(main project)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=125858

So far i have bayo in the correct slot, but knife does not showup in the player character's hand just binoculars do.

Working with LoyalGuard as seen on the thread posted above.

We seem to have it narrowed down to a couple lines of code that I think either need to be rewrote or switched.

While Loyaguard is looking into that Im working on the slx_mgreload.

As was reported it was reloading instantly, rather than slower, I've yet to confirm this, will be looking into this today.

The thing with this file is it just has a cpp (config that runs the addon) and as i had looked through the config,

it had on various lines a number for the speed of the reload time.

1st i got to see if the reload is slower and confirm that, if not then I will play with the number and start a bug hunt.

As of current I had found a problem file from my latest testing, only problem with the file is it gives an error in the RPT

so if you guys dont mind that then ignore it, but im just reporting it.

The file in reference is: slx_rpg7

If anyone wants to confirm that it causes Rpt error, and its random not every time then please do so.

Last but not least, anyone have anything to report then please let me know so i can look into it.

and does anyone know how to update the key file for the server as was posted about from Rexxenexx in the previous post?

thanks for your support.

I had this with the old SLX as well, just thought about it and tried it with the new COSLX, still happening bouncing BAF Laws launcher. Use them and after a couple they start to spin around and bounce...

Could be a mix in the mods that is causing it, not sure..

Edited: Ignore this post, not COSLX at fault must be a mod conflict somewhere, tested and its fine with just COSLX on its own..

Edited by HR4 Elite
Incorrect

Be sure to report with the vanilla mod, COSLX alone, mixed mods reports are not accurate, i should know with playing around with over 200+ mods with COWarMod.

I dont get trouble with it like I did as I had updated before COSLX release, but i still get a random RPT error.

Posting a report on a recent test for:

-SLX_ModWeapons_MGReload

Look into this and find out why reload time is instant rather then slow as it should be.

What was reported is that the SLX_ModWeapons_MGReload.pbo found in the optional file folder to be an instant reload, when it supposed to be a slower reload.

Description

SLX_ModWeapons_MGReload: Makes machine guns have a longer reloading time.

Tested:

tested on a mission designed for weapons testing, chose an mg 240, hit reload, and the gun reloads slower then normally, as per the description.

Found no issues with it.

What was used:

-mod=@CBA;@COSLX

I'm encountering the following error slx_cloud\flatsmoke.p3d not found.

Despite searching I cannot find a solution.

Does anyone know which pbo is causing this? And/or which pbo can solve it?

Answer is in the error itself.

slx_cloud.pbo

This is an error that pops up ingame, menu, or when game starts up?

Can you post your RPt.

I had this with the old SLX as well, just thought about it and tried it with the new COSLX, still happening bouncing BAF Laws launcher. Use them and after a couple they start to spin around and bounce...

Could be a mix in the mods that is causing it, not sure..

O.K. ignore this, it isn’t COSLX, tried it stripped to bare min, just with ACE, CBA etc and COSLX and no bouncing laws, must be a conflict in mods somewhere..

Edited by HR4 Elite

Laws as in At4's 1 shot drop type launchers?

If so there is I believe an issue in the vanilla game, cant confirm it but, I know that with Inko disposable http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6973

the at4's will bounce and spin once in a while.

Ace has it where they will just stay in one spot, most times.

it couldn't be SLX anyways as the only file dealing with launchers is the slx_rpg7 file, but thats not a disposable weapon.

Answer is in the error itself.

slx_cloud.pbo

This is an error that pops up ingame, menu, or when game starts up?

Can you post your RPt.

Thanks I figured it out myself.

I also managed to narrow it down toslx_wounds.pbo

It seems that it requires slx_cloud.pbo

Maybe that should be added to the readme.

Congrats on the release G. Can i ask if this was made client side for OA, ie can i get my Gibs without it being server side?

Thanks I figured it out myself.

I also managed to narrow it down to slx_wounds.pbo

It seems that it requires slx_cloud.pbo

Maybe that should be added to the readme.

Good deal.

What is it that you fiured out?

And if you narrowed it down to SLX wounds which the file was already in the addons folder to begin with.

What did you figure out that fixes your error, details, as i cannot update anything if there is anything to update

if I dont know what the issues are and or how you fixed it if you did.

I myself dont get errors before, during or after im ingame, nor in my RPT so i really dont understand if you had downloaded

the latest COSLX how your getting errors, anybody for that matter.

I wouldn't release something if it wasn't playable, or had errors and issues with it.

Congrats on the release G. Can i ask if this was made client side for OA, ie can i get my Gibs without it being server side?

Thank you sir. Of course you should know SLX is not my mod, i just retested it, recompiled it and removed all the error files,

and updated some files that were producing errors.

But if you are toy play with COSLX then for bot client and Server I would recommend that you have Arma2CO as that is

what it was tested and recompiled on. prob wont work in OA and Im not going to test it to confirm as

i personally dont see the point of playing OA alone anyways.

Good deal.

What is it that you fiured out?

And if you narrowed it down to SLX wounds which the file was already in the addons folder to begin with.

What did you figure out that fixes your error, details, as i cannot update anything if there is anything to update

if I dont know what the issues are and or how you fixed it if you did.

I myself dont get errors before, during or after im ingame, nor in my RPT so i really dont understand if you had downloaded

the latest COSLX how your getting errors, anybody for that matter.

I wouldn't release something if it wasn't playable, or had errors and issues with it

I worked out which of the dozens of pbos was repsonsible for triggering that error message. The reason is that I don't use all of COSLX. I like some of the pbos but not all and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

My remark was that slx_wounds.pbo has a dependecy that isn't documented. Seeing as you've documented the dependecies at the start of this thread I thought that it'd interest you and others who might be experiencing the same issue.

You figured it out now?

Seeing as you've documented the dependecies at the start of this thread

Whats documented being the listed dependencies I have not listed or added as the readme is the original readme from Solus.

I can add the slx_cloud to the readme for the next update, but will need to confirm for myself that slx_wounds does need slx_cloud too.

COSLX is in its original state as the original SLX released by Solus, all i did as said, was update a few files, and retest,recompile,

it without the files that are located in the problems folder, so the new version is a stable downloadable version vs the old one which had the bugs in it from the download.

The reason is that I don't use all of COSLX. I like some of the pbos but not all and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

Thats a given for any mod, no matter to me its how you like to play your game and thats a good thing, there is no standard

here but making the mod better by fixing, or finding things that prevent features that are used from working as they should.

thanks for the feedback.

Any progress on AI's take-cover-first-shoot-enemy-1m-away-later?

No I havent any time to test, I have a RL side job I'm doing and at the same time Im working on the knife issue, as well as COWarMod ACE Compatible version.

If you want to test it and give me feedback I can further look into it, or do something about it when i get the chance, i'll have a ton of time on the weekend.

I like this a lot, it's nice to see SLX back in action!

Great isn't it, finally a stable version from the download!

Just had time to test things with ASRAI and its very good additions without issues.

One mission which is great with ASRAI and a mix of the AI bpo's (as mentioned a few pages back - slx_ai, slx_identify, slx_dodge, slx_findcover, slx_netcode) is the second SP mission in BAF expansion where you have to check small village areas for IEDS caches. That missions unfolds wonderfully using these combinations with cover, flanking, dodge moves, finding cover and so on. Sometimes if felt a little like I was playing MP.

Edited by mrcash2009

After several hours of testing this weekend, overall great work!

A few remarks nonetheless:

slx_bis_bc_fix: causes occasional pauses => after the recent slew of beta patches, do we still need this?

slx_bis_xeh: causes regular(!) pauses => likewise, do we really need this?

slx_mgreload: seems works fine => add it back to COSLX?

slx_wounds: requires slx_FindCover => add this dependancy to the readme in the first post?

slx_uav: appears to conflict with BAF mission Concrete Oasis (option to switch to UAV disappears!) => disable this pbo? plus I don't see what it adds...

More testing tonight...

And MP testing on Wed.

Edited by domokun

This sounds amazing Günter Severloh! I loved SLX back in ArmA 1 days and couldn't play without it! Sorry for a few time consuming questions, but please hear me out.

I currently have WarFX Particles, JSRS, and Mando Missile Mod installed. I'd love to see all of these improvements in my CO game and on my Evo server I run, while still keeping the mods I have now. What mods do you recommend to be used with this? Maybe tell me what mods you're running and I can go from there.

I've read on this thread something about GL4 and ASR_AI, though I'm not sure if they are compatible, or what they really do in the first place. :p

Excuse my many questions, I've been away from the ArmA 2 scene for what seems like forever. :(

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

AFAIK Robalo's ASR AI works with SLX out of the box. It's really VERY good and goes a long way to solving the AI's accuracy problems (b ydefault they're FAR too accurate).

GL4 exerts much more influence over AI than ASR and hasn't been updated in over a year. I'd therefore advise against using GL4, unless you're willing to tailor it to your tastes (it's highly configurable).

I also have WarFX Particles, JSRS, and Mando Missile Mod installed alongside COSLX and all seem to play nicely with each other.

Though, to be fair, I've disabled most of the visual and audio effects from SLX just to be sure.