Sign in to follow this  
RobMac

More Expansions Plea to BI Devs!

What's the difference between BI's expansions and other game's expansions?

Well, a game I shall not name, will charge you £20 for a couple of tiny maps.

BI in two great expansions has supplied us with a Full large map, and a new force with an assortments of weapons, and vehicles. I picked mine up for £7.99 off steam.

But, i understand BI are working on Take On helicopters, and ArmA III. But, my plea is! Please don't forget about ArmA II. Its a great game, and i would still like to see some official Expansions from BI.

Thanks!

I think by the time Arma 3 has come out, Arma 2 will still be supported via Patches but I dont think we will se major expansions or similar

Maybe something between TOH and A3 but who knows..? I would not really recommend it since I think the most ressources available should be put in Arma 3

Regards

Best quote i have read about ArmA 2 is : "The gaming worlds best kept secret" And it really is. BI has never bowed the the gaming console generations, and hopefully will continue to produce these games - AND EXPANSIONS FOR ARMA 2

The only thing I care about is BIS allowing to port Chernarus and Takistan (plus units) into ArmA3 - which they were doing so far.

I really don't want to lose access to the content from the older game which will without a doubt be even better with new improvements.

It certainly was better playing on Sahrani in AA2 with all AI improvements than in AA1 (and CWR2 just rocks my world, better OFP gameplay than in OFP)

Bis already released OA which is the official expansion of Arma2, did you not buy that?

Theres also tons of community made content available, islands, units, vehicles, planes, weapons, scripts, what have you.

Some how i get this thinking that you have never seen Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php

before or Im just missing what exactly your getting at, do you want BIS to make a new expansion like outside of OA?

yes Gunter, i know there are mods...if i have an expansion, i must have operation arrowhead.

I too would like to see another expansion, but I'd rather they worked on A3. OA has been my favorite release yet to be honest.

Well, a game I shall not name, will charge you £20 for a couple of tiny maps.

BI in two great expansions has supplied us with a Full large map, and a new force with an assortments of weapons, and vehicles. I picked mine up for £7.99 off steam.

And if it's the same game I'm thinking of, some of that content came on the disc and they wanted you to pay again to unlock it!

I miss the old days when everyone did expansions. Companies were forced to make enough content to justify releasing a new box. Now with DLC they'll put out anything, no matter how small, for exorbitant prices.

It's nice to see when a company still has standards.

I wish they would release that Czech DLC that they showed us screenshots of, but with A3 in the works I'm not sure what the chances of that are.

DLC to link Arma 2 to Arma 3 would be nice.
Keep in mind that even the integration of ArmA II into OA did not work that great.

TOH Seattle map ported to Arma 2 but with clear ground textures, roads, sidewalks..etc.

Yes and then you can enjoy the 2fps you'd have lol

Yes and then you can enjoy the 2fps you'd have lol

I know I know. don't pester me with reality, I'm dreaming. :p

I think I'd buy a new extension to Arma 2 while waiting for A3...

Like a deluxe Summer Chernarus (remember those pics ?) with "Take On" clouds, A2 assets with proper Thermal maps and a small Russian Campaign...

Like Arma 2.5...

I think I'd buy a new extension to Arma 2 while waiting for A3...

Like a deluxe Summer Chernarus (remember those pics ?) with "Take On" clouds, A2 assets with proper Thermal maps and a small Russian Campaign...

Like Arma 2.5...

That would be very nice and also my favourite Sahrani should been added too - because it is very cool island and i think it is worth to do a "remake" for arma 3 as DLC :cool:

That would be very nice and also my favourite Sahrani should been added too - because it is very cool island and i think it is worth to do a "remake" for arma 3 as DLC :cool:

Yeah Sahrani was very under estimated!

Cracking island ported into arma 2 :cool:

Edited by ck-claw

tbf ArmA 3 isnit that far away were a day away from 2012 :D the months will fly over :P

the months will fly over :P

And maybe so will the deadlines...;)