Sign in to follow this  
celery

COOP 10 Chernarus Apocalypse, part three - Addon-free zombie horror!

Sorry but the scripts only tell the zombies to move somewhere and the engine does the rest.

The next zombie mission will unfortunately be delayed a bit. I know that I didn't give an estimate but now it's a week or two plus that ungiven estimate.

Congrats Celery, i think you gave half my clan PTSD with that... THING! (Is there anyway to kill that thing either? we hit it with around 200 rounds, shotgun rounds and a AT4....)

Having played this one recently, I came to the conclusion that something is missing. Oh yeah, a sequel.

That and an AI-friendly version of FFG but whatevs...

I don't want to seem obnoxious, but will the fourth part require Operation Arrowhead in addition to the Cold War mod you mentioned? I've had Arma 2 for like 2,5 years now and I don't want to purchase OA just for this mod/mission series, even though they're brilliant.

The CWR² mod requires Combined Ops.

Alright, would it work if I purchased Operation Arrowhead off Steam, even though I have a retail boxed copy of Vanilla?

Hey, I'm wanting to use the zombie scripts in a normal mission that then becomes zombie madness.

I've gotten them working and think I understand most of the variables and such, but I am wanting to have the script on hold until the players reach a specific location and then start the zombie spawning.

Is this possible? If so I'd appreciate any help in getting this working. Have tried a few different ways but my limited scripting knowledge means that even if I'm getting the method right I'm likely screwing up syntax or such.

Zombies sometimes drop bandages or magazines. In such cases, there will be red or yellow sparkles issuing from their bodies, respectively.

Aahhhhhhhhhhh (sound of penny dropping). Anyone done these on their own at all? I try but ultimately fail, I know I will, its just part of the fun for me lol. Keep it up Celery this is too awesome to stop :bounce3:

I've managed to get to the end of this mission twice while solo, on expert default with ACE2. It's taken a lot of attempts. So far, the two difficult parts of this mission getting to the cabin (the first third of the mission), and dealing with the very last task. I've found that once you get to the cabin, it's almost guaranteed you'll make it to the town at the end, unless you're very careless.

Both times I've gotten into the safehouse, the mission asks me to kill the remaining zombies in the town. My only complaint about this mission is that the zombie counter actually goes up while running around outside but close to the safehouse. In my last run, I was overwhelmed and killed after killing more zombies than the initial zombie counter indicated, without going more than a couple houses away from the safehouse.

Absolutely everything else, including parts 1 and 2, are brilliant.

While I've managed to figure out the rest of part 3, I'm stumped on how to complete the end. I've seen the solo playthrough video, and he manages to get the counter to go down while running around town shooting zombies, so I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm going to keep plugging away at it, since beating this mission solo/ace/expert is my goal. Every day I put in at least a couple attempts, and every day those insane zigzagging deflection shots with the G17 get just a little easier less hard.

Finally beat this solo! I was freaking out by the end.

aydUotlgqUQ

Now it's time to wait for part 4.

First of all I'd like to say i love what you did, its really fun.

My friends and i couldnt help but to notice the smoke monster and wonder how you did it. my goal is to set it up as a script so i can spawn it in around me (or make myself into it) while my friends are in the server. if you could help me out with the coding that would be amazing, if not, i understand.

Thanks, and i hope to see more episodes.

---------- Post added at 06:30 ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 ----------

First of all I'd like to say i love what you did, its really fun.

My friends and i couldnt help but to notice the "Black forest thing" and wonder how you did it. my goal is to set it up as a script so i can spawn it in around me (or make myself into it) while my friends are in the server. if you could help me out with the coding that would be amazing, if not, i understand.

Thanks, and i hope to see more episodes.

How do I start that misson? Can't find it under Chernarus in the multiplayer menu. Just the standard missions.

Is there any more updates on part 4? I know loads of people who really want to play part 4. It would be a shame to end it at part 3. Lots of potential this.

First of all thanks Celery for these missions, the atmoshphere in them beats most horror games by far.

But yeah part 4 would be great especially now that halloween is coming :).

By the way Celery, I have seen a lot of people that use your zombie script in their mission. Can I acquire the script for my own use? I would be interested to try the scripts out myself on my missions if I could.

If any of the people that have used Celery's zombie scripts could help me out I would appreciate it.

In my experience, Celery's zombie scripts are best used for what Celery designed them for: point-to-point, objective-driven missions. They generally don't perform well in open world scenarios (excluding Dynamic Zombie Sandbox, but I think Craig/bobtom has had to do a lot of optimization and customization for it to be successful). Also, vehicles are best avoided; stick to missions where the players hoof it the entire way. Just makes things easier from a mission-design perspective.

I reverse-engineered the zombie scripts from Chernarus Apocalypse 2, but was unable to get the scripts from CA3 to work correctly. I am a relative newbie at mission scripting so it's no surprise. The zombies are relatively easy to set up in your mission, though. PM me if you've got questions and I'll try to help you out -- though I think someone with more mission-making knowledge than me would be better suited. There's a very good chance that my missions are using the outdated and incorrect version of Celery's zombies. ;)

Right guy's looking for some help each time me and some friends try to play this we keep spawning as a crow on each other's PC's. Is this common? if so how do we fix it?

How about a Chernarus apocalypse styled mission in Arma 3? It could be pretty awesome with the improved lighting and the new controls in Arma 3. I would try to do one but I dont have the skills for making such "complex" missions :D.

I loved all them, they made me shit my pants. Can you make more?

Or like on a different map?

Hi Celery. 
I don't know if you are still watching this old topic, but I'd like to know if there's any way I could contact you about the smoke monster [Fondly referred to in our circles as 'Him'] script and for permissions to use it elsewhere?
I'd like to see about porting it on to Arma3 with due credit given.

Hey, If anyone is interested in playing the Chernarus Apocalypse missions in ArmA 3 then you will be in luck because someone has ported the missions. Check out the workshop!