Sign in to follow this  
MissionCreep

Best Sidearm in OA

I vote Å korpion vz. 61. Great at close quarters and in confined spaces like when clearing buildings. Magazines are abundant and weigh nothing. Its like the enemy is drawn in pencil and you are holding the eraser. Plus it is a tip of the hat to BI's Czech heritage. For some reason, I can't get into the mini-Uzi. Feels like a toy gun.

Edited by MissionCreep

I love the Skorpion but not many online missions use it

Edited by ArmAriffic

makarov sd, the uzi sd aswell ofcourse, but i'd prefer the makarov sd

Try them all on a shooting range and see what happens....

My guess from testing is none of the above.

Glock 18 from back of mah snowmobile

Skorpion. Puts the fuckers down, and provides spray and pray when you need it most.

I don't think I have one to be honest. Hardly ever in a situation where I'd need one so I don't have much experience with sidearms in ARMA/OA.

Certainly not the M9; although it has a high magazine capacity of 15 rounds, it's stopping power is so limited that you need to empty half of the magazine to drop a geezer.

The M1911A1 has good stopping power, but the magazine capacity is very limited; to only 7 rounds.

The Revolver has great stopping power, the best out of all the pistols, but again, only 6 rounds.

Personally, I go with the M1911A1 every time as I have a soft spot for the Colt .45.

Sidearms:

-clutter up action menu

-are awkward to use

-add unnecessary weight in ACE

No sidearm is the best.

I used to love the HK69 in OFP´s FDF Mod though, that was a proper sidearm!

The M9 actually does more damage then the Glock, which I see most people using

M1911A1, because there is no Browning Hi-Power or stock .455 Webley Mk.VI.

Classic guns are the only guns that matter.

M203 or what Mr Burns said.

-k

M1911. Because if I HAVE to use handgun I'm screwed enough without hostiles not dropping after first-second shot.

For clearing buildings I prefer grenade thrown inside.

M9, G17 has crap recoil. M9 has bigger mag round and takes up less sight picture in general.

If you've ever played chernarus life or something similar, you should have TONS of experience with sidearms ;)

Gau-8, dual wield. :o Seriously though, no I try not to use side arms. If I do, I pick what would be suitable to the character I play, no what's "best". Usually means M9, but I think I have only used it two or three times in all these years.

In regards to sidearms, the SMK animations pack does wonders as it decreases the time needed to switch from your primary weapon to your sidearm, increasing the effectiveness of having a sidearm in the first place.

M9 and Glock 17 are my choice, good inside buildings or as an addition to a sniper rifle if I move close to the action

For me it's the Glock 17.

It is one of my ambitions to one day burst into a room with my teammate, spot an enemy, have a malfunction, drop to one knee, whip out the glock and finish the enemy with it. Call me childish :p

The Glock 17. It's so fun to fire and it comes with a flashlight :)

I just love the glock... shoot em in the head and it dont have to be all that powerfull :P and IT HAS A FLASHLIGHT!!! :P

Reload button.

And no aiming deadzone in case you were thinking of using a sidearm for short ranges while carrying a scoped (sniper) rifle.