Sign in to follow this  
Skelt

Arma Edit - Not working

I've been using Arma Edit for a few months now, and last night, well, this morning I was running through some scripts and for some reason my arma edit simply stopped working. It would act as if it was going to load, it would show the program was active on my windows hot bar, but the program would not "maximize". I tried repairing the program, but the end fix was a to remove/reinstall the program.

TL/DR:: After opening 5+ scripts (open:change:save:close) arma edit stopped working entirely.

I'm just curious why this happened? Has this happened to you?

Alright, was just checking, first time it happened to me and was a bit like "uhh is this normal?"

-Thanks for the reply Kylania.

Mine stopped working around the 3rd time I'd used it, so I didn't bother again... working now though :)

I've had the same problem for months now, reinstalled twice, worked for awhile then regressed.

So I gave up and moved to Squint.

Easy fix for that:

Right Click Shortcut>Run>Maximized

It always fixed it for me. :)

Sorry to raise this thread but has anyone else figured out a fix for this problem? Running as admin, etc does not appear to help at all and after the 5th time re-installing ArmaEdit in the last two weeks I'm getting angry :p Win7 32bit

Same experience as gnarly_rider, I also switched to squint and haven't looked back since.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?105860-Squint-the-sqf-editor-and-error-checker&highlight=squint

I guess I'll give it another chance.. I have tried it before but found it too.. difficult to quickly edit a few files.

Right click Properties and Run: Maximised fixed it for me. I also set Run as Admin and Win XP compatibility mode.