Sign in to follow this  
xeno426

TGW M163 Vulcan for CO

Updated 09 November, 2011

th_Vulcan_Rangefire.jpgth_Vulcan_Profile.jpgth_Vulcan_Engagement.jpgth_Vulcan_Crashnburn.jpg

th_Machbet_Launch.jpgth_Machbet_Tracking.jpgth_Machbet_Backblast.jpgth_Machbet_Rangefire.jpgth_Machbet_Hit.jpg

This mod is an update of ¤¤Trauma¤¤'s M113_BIS mod, which was unfortunately very buggy. The two M113 models have been removed, leaving only the M163 and Machbet, which have been fixed and updated to OA standard. Both are available to the USMC and US Army. New skins may be added with hiddenSelectionsTextures, and UV map templates have been provided.

hiddenSelections[]={"camo1", "camo2"};
hiddenSelectionsTextures[]={"\M163_VADS\data\m163_vulcan_01_co.paa", "\M163_VADS\data\m163_vulcan_02_co.paa"};

They can be found under BLUFOR->US/USMC->Armored. The USMC version defaults to the woods camo, while the US version defaults to desert camo. The M163 Vulcan defaults with two magazines for it's M168 cannon, while the Machbet has only one magazine for the M168 and three magazines for its 4-shot Stinger launcher.

Both use a custom weapon, "TGW_M168", which can use the following magazines:

• "2100Rnd_20mm_M168" - Default magazine for the stock M168 gun. Not recommended.
  • "TGW_1100Rnd_20mm_M246" - HEI-T round for AA work, default magazine used in the mod.
  • "TGW_1100Rnd_20mm_M242" - HEI-T round with large lethal radius. Less damaging than above round.
  • "TGW_1100Rnd_20mm_M56" - Same round as above, but lacks tracers.

"TGW_M168" inherits from the base M168 found in the default game, so any mods that change that weapon will likely have some effect on the aforementioned custom weapon.

BlastecoreFX users: I had to modify the weapon to use the GAU8 effects, as the default effects for the M168 had such a massive muzzle blast that it was impossible to see anything while firing.

This mod requires Combined Operations (ArmA2 + OA) to work properly.

Disclaimer: I do not own, nor did I create, these models. They are property of BIS, so if anyone wants the MLODs I will happily provide them.

Known issue:

There are spelling errors in the readme that I have fixed in this post.

Credits:

• BIS for the original models
  • ¤¤Trauma¤¤ for the original port, the missile pod on the Machbet, and the new desert camo
  • [GLT]Myke and zGuba for lots of help and pointers
  • Microprose for Falcon 4.0, from which the vulcan sound was taken

Updated textures, new desert texture, courtesy ¤¤Trauma¤¤

New gun sound

New thermal map

Renamed ammo and magazines to remove chance of compatibility issues

Initial public release

0.9x

Internal release for testing

MediaFire Mirror:

- TGW M163 VADS v1.1

Armaholic Mirror:

- TGW M163 VADS v1.1

ArmedAssault.info Mirror:

- TGW M163 VADS v1.1

EDIT:

Now with improved screenshots!

Edited by Xeno426
updated mirrors

Thanks for the mirror. Updated first post. :)

great job Xeno

and thank for fixing all bugs

can you send me the MLODs please ?

why dont you just get them yourself from the samples?

because Xeno has improved them obviously

why dont you just get them yourself from the samples?

The sample models didn't have things like thermal mapping.

because Xeno has improved them obviously

and obviously if he put a few minutes of work into them he could easily make his own.

Keep your wisecracks to yourself. Limiting them might actually encourage a few people around here to make stuff...........

and obviously if he put a few minutes of work into them he could easily make his own.

You mean me? I'm afraid it would take far more than a few minutes to make my own model, by many orders of magnitude.

Keep your wisecracks to yourself. Limiting them might actually encourage a few people around here to make stuff...........

I'm not quite understanding this. You asked why I didn't just use the BIS sample models (presumably straight using the sample models in ArmA2), and PvPscene replied that I wanted to improve the model a bit, which is completely true. How does PvPscene's reply, or my mod, make people not want to create new models for ArmA2? Have I completely misunderstood what's going on here?

It is not that hard to convert the A1 stuff to A2/OA especially when BIS has released the M113A3/M163 Source LODS. If you wait a bit, I am working on Open Source Project (OSP) M113 pack that includes Vilas M113A2, BIS M113A3, BIS M113A3 Ambulance, and the BIS M163.

Ah, OK. Just a misunderstanding, then.

FYI, Powel is the BIS account of ¤¤Trauma¤¤, so I think he has every right to the MLODs.

Very cool! Xeno, would you be interested in doing an IDF Machbet for the Lost Brothers Mod? I could probably do it myself, but we have other major projects that are giving me a lot of problems (like trying to get the suspension system working on the Merkava Mk4 and the Achzarit along with a wierd invincible armor bug on the Achzarit).

If not, that's cool.

You're free to use my mod, and I can give you the MLODs if you need. However, I am no skinner; these skins in the mod are courtesy of ¤¤Trauma¤¤, so besides config editing for you, there's not much else I can provide.

Can you make a takistani army skin for M163 Vulcan if They use m113?
You're free to use my mod, and I can give you the MLODs if you need. However, I am no skinner; these skins in the mod are courtesy of ¤¤Trauma¤¤, so besides config editing for you, there's not much else I can provide.

five characters

Can you make a takistani army skin for M163 Vulcan if They use m113?

m163tak.jpg

I'll pass that over to Xeno426 for the next version

Niiice, I was waiting for this a long time ! :)

Excellent job dude, though I would only use that for BlueFor, it takes out the climate when everyone has it.

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I have a strange tracer-bug occuring with this addon.

The Vulcans are basically shooting cherry-bonbons:

2o582ctc.jpg

However another addon, the ZSU-23 that comes with the SA-6 pack, shoots lemons:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/131103/sgy2ebcf.jpg

Any ideas? I think another addon is to blame, but I cant figure out which. Only one that comes to mind is WarFX by Blastcore, but I removed it and still bonbons :(