Sign in to follow this  
xeno426

TGW RAH-66 Commanche for CO

I just realised that I completely ignored your first point. Yes, the sound is the UH-1Y, and I had to specify the sound so that I could change the distance at which you hear the rotor wash. Unfortunately, this makes it impossible for the RAH-66 to simply inherit improved rotor wash sounds from other mods.

Mate if you would like some custom sounds let me know I have made em already. PM me if you want them

Sav

Mate if you would like some custom sounds let me know I have made em already. PM me if you want them

Sav

If they're of good quality, then sure.

Anyway these are minor problems, I just wanted to mention them... We love this chopper the way it is and are really thankful for this update.

Did my updated config fix the problem?

If they're of good quality, then sure.

Did my updated config fix the problem?

Sorry Xeno426 haven't had a chance to test in coop yet. But I will soon.

Do I have to consider what vengeance1 wrote about

"I think you need to add this to the "Close Bay" in the config or you get an error. position = "zamerny"; " ???

I've never received an error over that before, but I did update that in the config.

I've never received an error over that before, but I did update that in the config.

Well all I can say is I added it to the Config and I don't get the error anymore. Great Mod by the way!

Sorry Xeno426 haven't had a chance to test in coop yet. But I will soon.

Well, when you get the chance let me know how it works. I've got an update in the wing, but I'm holding out on releasing it until I've confirmed your issue has been fixed.

It may not have ever been fitted with them. They were only flight testing when it was cancelled. I figure if anyone would know a detail like that, it would be Rock of RKSL.

Probably using flares on Comanche was never planned as an obsolete usage of them:

he Comanche only radiates 25% of the engine heat of current helicopters, a critical survivability design concern in a low-flying tactical scout helicopter. The Comanche is the first helicopter in which the infrared (IR) suppression system is integrated into the airframe. This innovative Sikorsky design feature provides IR suppressors that are built into the tail-boom, providing ample length for complete and efficient mixing of engine exhaust and cooling air flowing through inlets above the tail. The mixed exhaust is discharged through slots built into an inverted shelf on the sides of the tail-boom. The gases are cooled so thoroughly that a heat-seeking missile cannot find and lock-on to the Comanche.

Hmm, not surprising. The Apaches usedin '91 Desert Storm had the capability to use flares, but they never carried them; their brick-style IRCM systems were considered good enough. I still can't get away from the feeling that having flares is still something any combat helicopter (or combat aircraft, for that matter) should have, given the prevelence of IR-guided weapons on the battlefield.

Although I think I should probably reduce the "brightness" of the engines in the TI skin.

1)

Well all I can say is I added it to the Config and I don't get the error anymore. Great Mod by the way!

Vengeance1 could you plz upload your config so I can test it?

@xeno426: wanted to try it out but with your updated config I get:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgvehicles/modem:dkmm_rah66_at/useractions/close_bay.position'.

Ingame in can't close the bay. No action menu...

2)

Considering flares, I totally agree with you.

Flares are a "must" in arma oa. That's what made your chopper really usable in all missions. A chopper without flares is almost useless in arma.

3) "I've got an update in the wing" ... now I'm curious...:bounce3:

Pandur,

It's not my MOD and Xeno426 said he already added it and will be updating.

Vengeance

1)

@xeno426: wanted to try it out but with your updated config I get:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgvehicles/modem:dkmm_rah66_at/useractions/close_bay.position'.

Ingame in can't close the bay. No action menu...

Is that for all RAH-66's, or just the AT variant?

I'll be doing some testing today or tomorrow, and I'll try to work out this bug. Hopefully I'll have a fix by Wednesday or Thursday.

Edited by Xeno426

Strange thing I tried to play it with Mando+GLT and it seems to glitch up.

Mando HUD kept flashing.

I know this is cross-addon question, but any other heli addons work fine with Mando system.

Any ideas?

Syphonix, the RAH-66 MMA setup was triggering its setup as well as the AH1 one, this is fixed in the new MMA test version which also includes a new setup for this chopper.

Is that for all RAH-66's, or just the AT variant?

All versions same error message.

I gotta say.. And this is just my own opinion... wouldnt it make more sense to make the navy one grey and the army one green?

I gotta say.. And this is just my own opinion... wouldnt it make more sense to make the navy one grey and the army one green?

It has to do with deployment in the game; the USMC is used in Chernarus, and the US Army in Takistan. A green Comanche in the desert doesn't make much sense. In any event, it's not too hard to change the texture using the hiddenSelectionsTexture.

Edited by Xeno426
derp, it's USMC, not USCM. Too much ALIENS for me...

This is a great model and I'm glad someone is working on it!

The only thing that I didn't like last time I tried it was the strange custom HUD? The bright sunlight in OA affected it. Can we have a screen of the HUD to see what changes you have made?

I have made no changes to the HUD, as I do not know how HUD controls work.

Thanks for this cool Heli. Can you please share the classnames for this aircraft? I am wanting to test it out in a Air Support script. Thanks again.

modem_dkmm_usmc_rah66_scout is the USMC Scout (rocket-equipped) version.

modem_dkmm_usmc_rah66_at is the USMC Anti-Tank (Hellfire-equipped) version.

modem_dkmm_usmc_rah66_aa is the USMC Anti-Air (Stinger-equipped) version.

modem_dkmm_usac_rah66_scout is the US Army Scout.

modem_dkmm_usac_rah66_at is the US Army AT.

modem_dkmm_usac_rah66_aa is the US Army AA.

You can also depbo the file and unrap the config file to see the other classnames.

Excellent work! I've been playing with these quite a bit.

fyi, in the Editor the Army and USMC skins are switched. i.e. Select USMC if you want the Army skin and vice versa.