Sign in to follow this  
dhr

X 52 pro problems

I seem to be completely unable to control any helicopters in the game. I have a Saitek X52 pro setup with Saitek rudders. I am constantly fighting the controls from turning and diving toward the ground. Seems like a trim issue but I cannot figure it out. Game is useless to me right now.. I have made several attempts to setup sensitivities, control conifgs, all other manner of setups but am running out of ideas. Nothing I try has worked. I have it set to Expert realism. Also I have, what I call the "nuclear blast" screen. If I am crashing toward a sunset or sunrise, ie the graphic tries to illuminate the cabin.. the screen slowly goes into this blinding white light that originates from the ground. It completely obliterates any visiblity, then slowly fades..if you dont crash first. Its actually kind of cool..

all i can suggest is make sure you have no other devices mapped to your flying controls (mouse is by default i think and w,a,s,d keys) just un bind every input command from cyclic, collective and rudder pedals exept obviously your joystick.

It is an x52 pro i'm using, no issues except my lack of talent with rotary winged beasts!

Edited by chopperforce
additional

Same setup here... no problems on my end. Maybe one of the knobs on the throttle isn't centered?

I guess there are toe brake and pedal axis double assigned to XY axis..happen in ArmA II too.

Edited by Beagle

X52 non-pro working well for me, I echo what others said make sure no other mapped devices to the cyclic, pedals or collective, I also noticed mouse was mapped to them by default for me which I undid.

I had a similar issue with the same joystick X52 pro.

But my major issue was the throttle which wasn't working. So thanks to this forum I started to play around with the controls and realized I need to map the joystick axes to "analogue" collectives, I don't even know yet what the difference between those and the normal ones are. Now the helo flies fine, just as controllabe as in FSX and Arma.

edit: just noticed I did the training in trainee mode. Now playing around with Expert and yes, the helo moves to the right by itself as if I pushed the joystick to the right. Not sure yet whether it's the wind or something?

Edited by Landorin

Still in trainee mode, everything works super fine.

In expert mode, the helo totally rolls/tilts to the right although I am not even touching the stick.

Could that be related to the joystick somehow or is that some realism setting I am not paying attention to?

Could that be related to the joystick somehow or is that some realism setting I am not paying attention to?

It's a realism setting. "Autotrim" is deactivated in expert mode, meaning you need to set it manually, both for the rudder and cyclic.

I wasn't done typing!!!

(the post posted itself lol)

Still in trainee mode, everything works super fine.

In expert mode, the helo totally rolls/tilts to the right although I am not even touching the stick.

i had similar trying to set up alternate pedal config on one of my x52 throttle dials. here's something useful i found in the controls. go to controller option at the bottom of the screen of the control menu. click your joystick name. choose customise.

then click show.

you'll see number appear next to each axis of your joystick. notice if there's numeric input other than 0 for one axis. if so there's your culprit. if that's found then you have a starting point for figuring out the solution.

otherwise you may have 2 joysticks set up to same axis. maybe.

About the joystick show option you mentioned: they all show 1.0 on the very left, that's the smallest value available.

Anyways, I completely unplugged the joystick, fired up the game in expert mode and the helo still rolls to the right way too much that it would end in a crash.

Once I switch back to trainee mode everything is fine.

So it's something within the game. I can't enable/disable certain settings in expert mode so can't track down the actual cause.

I tried to trim but no matter how many times I turned it on/off the behavior remained. :( I got no idea what else I can try, seems I am stuck in trainee mode. :( But I want the real thing!

So either that's a bug or I haven't understood how trimming works (if that is the issue anyway).

You propably know of this already, but I'll mention it anyway. Don't take offence, I'm just making sure. Never will the helo stay at a stable hover without you doing constant corrections. You can't let go of the controls and expect to stay in flight. Trim is there to take a load off the controls so you don't have to apply so much constant pressure say in forward flight for example, but it wont fly the chopper for you. Before the two experimental patches, when applying more collective, the chopper would roll heavily to the right. It has been toned down now. Remember though that the patches are for sprocket version only and they are experimental.

Finally check out some youtube videos of hovering choppers with a view inside where you can see the cyclic stick. Constant corrections on the cyclic.

I had some issues with it being squirrely for a little bit on my x52 pro. But then I noticed the edge of my stick was bumping the mouse a bit and the mouse was set as cyclic controls. No problems for me after fully mapping my x52 and unmapping the mouse

Anyways, I completely unplugged the joystick, fired up the game in expert mode and the helo still rolls to the right way too much that it would end in a crash.

Once I switch back to trainee mode everything is fine.

So it's something within the game. I can't enable/disable certain settings in expert mode so can't track down the actual cause.

I tried to trim but no matter how many times I turned it on/off the behavior remained. :( I got no idea what else I can try, seems I am stuck in trainee mode. :( But I want the real thing!

So either that's a bug or I haven't understood how trimming works (if that is the issue anyway).

I have exactly the same problem. It must be a bug. Please BI fix this asap :(

some have tips for me by my sensitive settings on my X52 or usw you all the default ?

some have tips for me by my sensitive settings on my X52 or usw you all the default ?

I use the default sensitivity on the X52 Pro.

If you never flew real helicopter and you are used to fly some simulators, such as DCS or FSX and still like to start on max difficulty I recomed to lower sensitivity of the analog axes on cyclic (1/4 should be fine). I also strongly recomend to reduce any deadzones on cyclic and collective axes.

I have the same experience using my x52 (not the pro version). I am constantly having to make huge compensating adjustments for random unwanted "directional inputs" (these can vary in all directions). I also had to manually map all my controls and I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

I am using the steam version of Windows 7 x64 and am using the latest drivers downloaded from Saitek.