Sign in to follow this  
razor168

ofp ww4

Hi

I'm trying to create a OFP: Resistance Server with ww4 Mod under Debian Linux 6.0. But I have one big problem.

The Mod shortcut in ofpserver is:

MODS="@lol;@lolislands;@ww4mod25"

But if I try to start the Server there is the following errormessage in my logfile:

WATCHDOG (29057): [Di 4. Okt 21:27:24 CEST 2011] Starting server (port 1600)...

No entry 'config.cpp.CfgWorlds'.

21:27:25 Dedicated server created, memory used: 16524 KB

WATCHDOG (29057): [Di 4. Okt 21:27:25 CEST 2011] Server died, waiting to restart...

All Files and Missions are in lowercase. And if I start the Server without the @ww4mod25 the server is running without any problems.

I hope somebody can help me.

Yes I do. Version 1.96. If I start the server only with MODS="@lol;@lolislands" the server is running without any problems. But if I activate @ww4mod25 too then the server has the error message.

Edited by razor168

Try loading ww4mod first? When I play on my server if I load WW4 last I loose the game sound, so I load it bettwen LOL addon folders and it works fine.

MODS="@ww4mod25;@lol;@lolislands"

This way I'm becoming the same error message. The Server dies after starting.

And the problem is only on serverside not on client.

Just to test to see if it's not some bizarre addon conflicting, try to start your dedicaced server with only :

MODS="@ww4mod25"

Do you have the same error ?

I become the same error Message.

No entry 'config.cpp.CfgWorlds'.

So after trying with only @ww4mod25 you have this message again ?

That's strange as other people using dedicaced servers too do not have it.

I begin to believe you have some ww4 modified files, not the original ones like it happened already in the ww4 thread involving a config.cpp that was not the original ww4mod25 one.

To see if you're in the same case :

- delete the @ww4mod25 folder, and download it again from one of the links from the 1st post of the ww4 mod 2.5 release thread, do not download it from another source to avoid a problem and do not download a customised version of the WW4 config that could have the problem you observe.

-download the patch 1 too, and install it.

Now try again with only MODS="@ww4mod25" , no other mod folder.

Considering the ww4 mod own config.cpp has correct CfgWorlds entries, this message should not happen.

If after downloading ww4mod25+patch1 , used it with OFP patched to 1.96 o CWA and tried to launch your server with only it, no other mod and no other addon, you continue to have this message, then i have no idea why it is happening only for you, sorry.

Maybe it's a linux problem, because on windows, launching the ww4 mod 2.5 with a non dedicaced server works without a problem, and after just trying to launch the dedicaced server (OFPR_Server.exe) with the mod, it too works without problem.

edit :

maybe something :

Someone with the same CfgWorlds problem, trying to run WGL5 on Linux dedicaced and having no problem if run on Windows dedicaced

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=46439

And apparently the solution :

(Algrab @ Mar. 07 2006,14:40)

Cannot get it (wgl_beta_06-02-05@wgl5.rar) to run on a linux dedi, wtf? Not for linux?

I get a "segmentation" error followed by =No entry 'config.cpp.CfgWorlds'= error. So copy sth from /bin to root (like in finmod)?

Yep - copy all *.cpp and *.hpp files (four of them) from @wgl5/bin to the base ofp server folder, just like you do with the finmod/bin/config.cpp for FDF mod. WGL5 runs just fine on a Penguin OFP server.

If you switch between mods, make sure you remove these *.cpp and *.hpp files when you stop the WGL5 server.

I have no idea what is that move the .cpp file like with finmod trick is, but that maybe could do the trick if you're used to how a linux works regarding file and where they need to be

So maybe you need to

Go to /@ww4mod25/bin and copy config.cpp + resource.cpp -files to your OFP folder.

if it works like what is said about the FDF mod regarding the linux server this should then fix the problem.

Edited by Sanctuary

Great to know it worked, as i have no linux knowledge i was worrying about what could be the source of the problem between the linux server and my mod.

This will certainly be very helpfull for when some people will want to make Linux dedicaced servers with mods that have a config.cpp/ressource.cpp file.

Today it was decieded to move WW4 to the main LOL server, which is also on Linux. Thanks to your tip Sanctuary it worked there also.

Are all missions working on your server?

But. If I try to load mission ww4_co12_isle_of_andor.scandrova I became the message

"Cannot load mission, missing addons: troublemakers_mc"

Edited by razor168

Hi Razor,

Sorry to see you are having problems. I've noticed that the server has crashed several times. Trouble makers is one of several addons that wants to be added to missions where it is not used.

Edit the mission and add troublemakers_mc to the addon lists in the mission.sqm and the error should go away.

The LOL server seems to be doing well, it has had 10-12 palyers all day and some from K-TTT also ;) There are still some missions that worked fine on my test server but now on a Linux server we need to include addons like I mentioned above.

Good Luck and if you need any more help just ask me or Incubus.

So I have to edit the mission.sqm with notepad and add in

addOns[]=

{

"WW4_Warmy",

"WW4_PARWmy",

"WW4_Espfo",

"WW4_Eparmy",

"WW4_Enavy",

"WW4_Earmy",

"WW4_vehicles",

"Bizon",

"editorupdate102",

"Su25",

"WW4_Weaponry",

"WW4_Easpet",

"troublemakers_mc"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"WW4_Warmy",

"WW4_PARWmy",

"WW4_Espfo",

"WW4_Eparmy",

"WW4_Enavy",

"WW4_Earmy",

"WW4_vehicles",

"WW4_Easpet",

"Bizon",

"editorupdate102",

"Su25",

"WW4_Weaponry",

"troublemakers_mc"

?

It looks good but it isn't. After I added the "troublemakers_mc" and after compressing it into pbo and uploading. I can't open the mission on the server. The filename is in lowercase.

Good. The Server is now running without any problems. The main problem was the wrong editor update and upgrade version. It think I used older versions or the version from CTI. But I'm not sure. We've copied now the correct versions to the server and it is running.

Thanks for helping