Sign in to follow this  
Cookieeater

Add a radio to vehicles that plays music on your computer

As all of us have encountered playing ArmA, some scenarios require driving long distances. Even

play music while driving to break up this monotany of driving. There is also a story where soldiers blasted "Ride of the Valkyries" when entering Baghdad. ArmA III should add a radio to any vehicle that grabs music from your music folder and plays it in the vehicle channel as well as the direct communication channel. This means that everyone in the car can patrol around playing heavy metal music, while terrifying civilians and enemies with it. Here is an example of how it could be used.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMhCcoBJeowY&start1=&video2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DV92OBNsQgxU&start2=&authorName=Skruller

Edited by Cookieeater

Itunes -> vehicle channel. :D

Foobar2000 FTW! These mods are awesome and they do what I want, but i'd give Bohemia my babies there was an official implementation that would work on any server. It should be on nearly every vehicle though, including tanks and aircraft, considering that they have a built in CD player in the

. Edited by Cookieeater

lol, it's Abrams, not Abrahams

And also, why would BIS waste their time, money and energy on something so trivial and something that can be done via scripting, modding...

oh my god.. really.. you do know that a computer can run more than one program at a time right? you can run a media program like WinAmp and control it via media keys or hot keys... that way you can listen to what ever music of your choosing with out putting me through the trouble of listing to it as well.

besides, there already is a thread for posting feature requests, even idiotic ones.

I like the aspect of a radio, I loved the radio in BF vietnam. Even if I dont think its priority it would be fun with music, even more if you drive for a long time.

People are already able to do this and other people are already able to mute them. :D

Dynamo;2031433']oh my god.. really.. you do know that a computer can run more than one program at a time right? you can run a media program like WinAmp and control it via media keys or hot keys... that way you can listen to what ever music of your choosing with out putting me through the trouble of listing to it as well.

besides' date=' there already is a thread for posting feature requests, even idiotic ones.[/quote']

Relax man, it's just an idea... I'm sure some of your ideas might come off as idiotic to other people as well ;)

That said:

1. Use the wishlist thread :)

2. I agree with the idea, even though it could be scipted in, having a radio player built into the game would be nice.

Hehe i like idea of having radio player ingame - just like TKOH have

Can't wait if we fly into very hard objective and i will play Edwin Starr - WAR song :D

As all of us have encountered playing ArmA, some scenarios require driving long distances. Even
play
while driving to break up this monotany of driving. ArmA III should add a radio to any vehicle that grabs music from your music folder and plays it in the vehicle channel as well as the direct communication channel. This means that everyone in the car can patrol around playing heavy metal music, while terrifying civilians and enemies with it. Here is an example of how it could be used.

Can I also play Steely Dan or Gene Pitney?

I actually like this idea. But the radio would need the option to mute it, just in case someone doesn't like the music.

I like the Idea epecially of the radio being shared... but iw would need a mute key incase.... Blasting out music from choppers on the iother hand should not be muteable.. otherwise psy-ops would totally fail...

I actually like this idea. But the radio would need the option to mute it, just in case someone doesn't like the music.

You are thinking in streaming the music to others players? Doesnt sounds a good idea, too much bandwidth wasted there.

For local only might be a bad idea because of the communications.

Mainly speculating here but Probably could get BIS in some trouble if they built-in a function which could potentially be used as internet radio for primarily streaming copyright MP3s and such.

I think streaming is a little bit to much. The player should eb able to play songs that are already part of the game/mission.

Cool idea, why not.

Although I'd love to see properly done backround radio chatter more than anything.Radio chatter is the only feature i trully miss in arma!

@Deadeyez-just checked your tunes and hell i like some!! liquid DnB FTW!!

Edited by Bee8190
nvm

Keep it client side too, no need to add more lag.

iTunes boooooo. Winamp ftw. ;)

when i saw this topic and your comment. you got me to think off a old project i did in arma1 . winamp,southcast channels, rss news ingame :p

when i saw this topic and your comment. you got me to think off a old project i did in arma1 . winamp,southcast channels, rss news ingame :p

:eek: Nice.

Completely brainfucked on how you managed to do that.

Will it possible to cause copyright issue when players can upload and play musics through the radio system?

@nuxil: pretty damned impressive work.

Although for me personally, I don't believe it needed in the game, at least not vanilla. When real world soldiers wait or relocate, it tends to take a hell of a lot longer than what any player would endure. Even slow paced missions aren't as as slow as real life would be.

Without auto ducking to allow comms, which wouldn't work with TS based comms, there is too much chance to ruin comms when you need it. I.e. when you have unplanned contacts.

The only benefit I would see with a radio, is that maybe the comms would be left alone for the important stuff, rather than getting overly noisy with "fun stuff".

Otherwise psy-ops would totally fail...

I thought Psi-Ops was a great game :yay:

Back to Arma, while a nice idea, it really shouldn't annoy the people sitting next to you. Also, it shouldn't get top priority in development.

Well, that being said. If a player is already developed for TAKOH, then sure, I see no point in not including it :)