Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

[Camp-SP] ArmA CO - Hammer of Thor

Obviously, I didn't intend to make any statement about my personal circumstances. It was simply an advice from me, as a player of this campaign.

Reducing overall campaign size is an important factor whenever it is possible to arrange. I'm sure it might be coordinated with HoT one way or another.

@nettrucker

Might be fault of ACE, I hardly play without it. Besides, it's called "danger close" for a reason ;)

Obviously, I didn't intend to make any statement about my personal circumstances. It was simply an advice from me, as a player of this campaign.

Reducing overall campaign size is an important factor whenever it is possible to arrange. I'm sure it might be coordinated with HoT one way or another.

Don't worry. You have definitely a point there. I will look into that matter of question and see how it's best to be done without that the campaign looses too much of it's atmosphere. Thanks for the heads up.

@nettrucker

Might be fault of ACE, I hardly play without it. Beside, it's called "danger close" for a reason ;)

Have never tried the campaign with ace therefore I wouldn't know. i'm still tying to adjust to patch 1.60 when testing. :)

Hello everyone

just wanted to give a small update on the actual status of the campaign.

I'm currently implementing the voice files with the fantastic help of some community members.

the videos are of poor quality, my apologies for that. I recorded the vids on a low end Dual core 2.5 ghz Processor with Nvidia GTX 9800. I have to set all graphic settings to low to get it running LOL. So therefore the video quality is really bad. I was unfortunately unable to record it on my I7 due to a couple of reasons.

First scene is a AAN news report. Thanks to Laqueesha for the awesome voice acting I love it.

And my apologies to Luiz . . . he knows for what.

GBB1OfuHDec

Second scene is a briefing scene, voice acted by AZCoder. I thank you for that my friend and for all your patience with me. Really awesome.

Xyf0YMH7vdU

Third and last is a cut scene at a mission start during a truck ride. I wanted also to show case a bit the custom radio sound effects. Thanks once again to AZCoder for allowing me to use all the awesome functions he wrote.

JDciqHDuCUc

If you are interested in participating in the voice acting please drop me a PM I'm in need of more stuff.

To everyone I already contacted . . . been working on the 3rd mission now and will come back on that shortly with info and the character roles.

That's it so far and thanks to all of you who are helping me out. :yay:

cheers

This is such a brilliant campaign, played it many times and it never gets boring. Be good to ad more missions to the campaign.

This is such a brilliant campaign, played it many times and it never gets boring. Be good to ad more missions to the campaign.

Hello Sig

thanks for your comment mate. Well actually the missions are the same but I did a lot of fixes and general overhaul to the new version. Nearly all cut scenes have been reworked . Some really annoying issues solved.

This campaign is still WIP there is still the voice acting to be completed . . . huge work load and I want to implement a custom soundtrack which is also WIP. Then I will await some more feedback and bug reports. there's always something that slips through without you noticing it.

I am really glad that you like the campaign so much.

All the best:D

@nettrucker

Cant wait to play next version, this is one of the best infantry campaign made for arma2. You can count on my feedback/testing etc. :)

@down

I am fine, as always :)

Edited by tom3kb

Hello tom

I hope that you are doing all right. Thanks mate. That's really great. it's still a long way to go though. There are now 2 missions out of 16 voice acted. Still a lot of work to do until the next release. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still working on it and that I didn't abandon this project.

cheers

The AAN voice over is great!

Look forward to the next release, keep it up :)

HI AZCoder

The AAN news report has been done by Laqueesha. Really awesome. You all did great jobs with the voice acting I 'm the weak part in it LOL. The briefing scene you did is awesome as well. Without all your help I wouldn't be able to pull this stunt off. Honestly said.

Thanks for your kind comment and for all your help.

cheers

Great to hear the voice-acting is coming. I will replay the campaign again for sure, when new version is released. Very unique feeling in this campaign. :)

Thanks SaoK

still along way to go.

cheers

p.s. Here's another one I just finished

5JoysVdtMAY

Edited by nettrucker
added video

Epic campaign!

Maybe if you throw in a couple sniper or stealthy spec op missions to balance out the overall mayhem this would be perfect:)

But i see if its not the style you are going for with this campaign.:war:

Thanks for making this, had fun!

Hi subtee

yeah I know I'm sorry for that. The overall mayhem is a bit due to the fact that I wanted to simulate some more large scale operations. There are a lot of campaigns already dedicated mostly to stealth or sniper type mission. I didn't want to go for that when creating my campaign. I hope it's not too boring because I'm aware that there's not too much variety of missions related to the fact that only one character is portrayed. In OFP CWR there were 4 roles to play. Gastovski, Spec op - Nichols chopper missions -Hammer - tank missions - and Armstrong - Infantry missions.

Here you got only 1 role to play. So yeah you definitely have a point. Version 1.3 is much more improved than the last one released. Did a major overhaul even the missions remain the same. The workload implementing the voice files is really huge and leaves momentarily no time to add further missions. It would mean a further increase of work that would delay the campaigns ETA to an unforeseeable date. So I'd rather keep my head down and complete what I've started.

The progress and the voice acting definitely is a huge improvement because everyone who did voices so far for this campaign has done an excellent job. Without the voice actors I wouldn't be able to do that, so my kudos go to them. Without them this campaign would remain unfinished forever.

Glad in any case that you liked the campaign not withstanding the constant mayhem. LOL:soldier:

cheers

Hi subtee

yeah I know I'm sorry for that. The overall mayhem is a bit due to the fact that I wanted to simulate some more large scale operations. There are a lot of campaigns already dedicated mostly to stealth or sniper type mission. I didn't want to go for that when creating my campaign. I hope it's not too boring because I'm aware that there's not too much variety of missions related to the fact that only one character is portrayed. In OFP CWR there were 4 roles to play. Gastovski, Spec op - Nichols chopper missions -Hammer - tank missions - and Armstrong - Infantry missions.

Here you got only 1 role to play. So yeah you definitely have a point. Version 1.3 is much more improved than the last one released. Did a major overhaul even the missions remain the same. The workload implementing the voice files is really huge and leaves momentarily no time to add further missions. It would mean a further increase of work that would delay the campaigns ETA to an unforeseeable date. So I'd rather keep my head down and complete what I've started.

The progress and the voice acting definitely is a huge improvement because everyone who did voices so far for this campaign has done an excellent job. Without the voice actors I wouldn't be able to do that, so my kudos go to them. Without them this campaign would remain unfinished forever.

Glad in any case that you liked the campaign not withstanding the constant mayhem. LOL:soldier:

cheers

No need to apologize. I also understand that there is a lack of these kind of campaigns where the player is just a one little piece in a large military force, and not commanding or leading a squad. And i for one think that these kind of missions are one of the best and entertaining moments that arma can offer.

So thanks again for filling this void, i will definetly play this again when you release the final version with voices etc.

Edited by subtee

Hi subtee

thanks for your kind comments.

I must have been mad when deciding to get it voice acted. LOL

cheers

I'm getting a "can't find the file" error after clicking on the gamefront link - anyone else?

Link : http://www.gamefront.com/files/service/thankyou?id=21033265

Yeah it's true sorry for that. New policy at game front. If you haven't received any downloads in a certain time the content is deleted.

Grab it from here.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15352

it's still the old version though which still has flaws. Bee currently working on version 1.3

cheers

Hi all!

At first, biggest respect for the great work you've put into this, nettrucker. I play your campaign with so much fun and also frustation due to its difficult level for an almost-newbie ;) It is amazingly designed and the story is very immersive. Additionally, I like to play an infantry grunt as I'm obviously too untalented to fly helicopters...

I play HoT with the only addons CBA and JSRS and I have realized that in some missions where we have to clear some buildings. In almost every building there is one enemy left that my team does not find and does not search for at all. I have to clear most buildings completely on my own although there are guys standing nearby the door.

Could this happen because of the addons I use?

Thanks and greetings

Jens

I forgot to mention, I play the ArmA CO Version 1.62

Edited by Schlonz75

Hi all!

At first, biggest respect for the great work you've put into this, nettrucker. I play your campaign with so much fun and also frustation due to its difficult level for an almost-newbie ;) It is amazingly designed and the story is very immersive. Additionally, I like to play an infantry grunt as I'm obviously too untalented to fly helicopters...

I play HoT with the only addons CBA and JSRS and I have realized that in some missions where we have to clear some buildings. In almost every building there is one enemy left that my team does not find and does not search for at all. I have to clear most buildings completely on my own although there are guys standing nearby the door.

Could this happen because of the addons I use?

Thanks and greetings

Jens

I forgot to mention, I play the ArmA CO Version 1.62

Hello Jens.

No it can be excluded that the addons you use have something to do with it. Even though I've experienced when playing with JSRS sound mod on my Dual core 2.5 ghz where I do most the testing, the sound mod resulted heavy on the missions.

Now what I found out is that the AI can't see for shit if very close to the enemy and does not engage.

This campaign brings every average processor to it's knees. This is due to the mission design, I've tried to simulate some more large scale combined arms combat. Now when play testing the campaign on an I7 3770K the missions are working ok because I have the necessary computing power. To run this campaign you need a good processor. The fact that AI does not clear the houses is due to lack of computing power of the processor. When playing on the i7 the AI searches in buildings and kill the enemy or gets killed.

What are your computer specs? Just out of curiosity.

Unfortunately the version you are still playing has bugs and is somewhat flawed. Been currently working on version 1.3 which is a lot better.

Thanks for your kind comment.

cheers:D

Hi Nettrucker,

first of all thanks for that quick reply.

Your explanation sounds somehow logical to me although I barely will ever understand the detailed technical background but thats not very urgent ;)

I have an AMD x4 630 2.8 GHz with 4 GB of ram. Fortunately most of the time I have quite good fps. I don't know the exact rate but it looks nice to me.

And please don't get me wrong, the missions are well playable so far (didnt finish the campaign yet). I learned the hard way to search all places to end the missions. I take it as some kind of CQB training :cool:

Cheers

Hello Jens.

Not withstanding your processor is even better than my Dualcore. The processor is the bottleneck. What video card do you use?

I did a lot of experiments to make it run better on a low end computer by spawning groups and units when the player is close, but the missions turned out to have a different atmosphere which I didn't like so there was no actual gain when spawning the units.

Large scale missions are depending very much on processor power. This campaign will run good on a powerful computer. On a low end or average computer the processor struggles with the math.

Most probably bad mission design from my part because I was unable to optimize it better.

Here's another WIP video of the campaign I'm currently implementing voice files with the help of some other community members

_xicRCgFkLk

Cheers

Hi Nettrucker,

I have an Nvidia GTS 250 with 1 MB. Not sure if I understood you correct due to translation problems: My processor is still not good enough for calculating the AI properly although its even better than your Dualcore, correct?

Your scenes look great with voice acting, im already looking forward to playing it then.

Hello Jens

yes it is correct your processor will have difficulties to run it properly. This campaign puts a heavy strain on the processor due to a lot of units in the mission from soldiers to tanks, aircraft and so on. My Dual core is struggling to run it. The units are unresponsive due to lack of computing power for all the AI moving in mission.. When I'm play testing them on my i7 3770K 3,5 ghz processor the missions are running really good.

You will not have much of a problem running other missions which have a lot less units to handle.

This campaign is definitely badly designed to run it on an average or low end processor. The faster your processor is the better you will be able to run ArmA which is a resource hog by default.

So don't worry It's just Hammer of Thor which is even heavy on powerful computers.

Thanks for your comments.

Have a nice day