Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

[Camp-SP] ArmA CO - Hammer of Thor

@nettrucker

Mission 7: Sledgrhammer.

I think that you put maybe to many enemy soldier on that airfield or... i have bad luck :(. They slaughtered all US forces, all tanks and infantry squads. I see on map only me and 2 wounded guys from my team no apc or tanks, and 30-40 or more enemy soldiers, many of them have rpg or pkm. I see aa vehicle, maybe there are more apc left on that airfield but i cant confirm this because I can not get close to the airport:). I must use "end mission" cheat to end that mission. If im lean from behind the building i get shot very fast ;). I am not able to end this mission alone. Maybe if i will restart it for the second time all will end differently and good for for US forces and we will take that airfield :) But first i want to play the next mission.

Mission 8: Dressed to kill.

The situation is similar to that from mission 7, takistani soldiers very quick destroy ours apc and few infantry squads, now they are outnumbered in infantry i think ~ 4:1. Our squad have big problems to get closer to the city. Maybe. I guess im should slowly raise to that city. Now this will be very hard mission in my opinion. I dont wont to restart that mission to find out if the second time will be easier, so i will try to end this mission. Maybe few tanks or Ah-64 for support in the next version :).

This is just my little suggestion, but can you check the balance between the coflict sides in missions 7 and in later missions, whether accidentally in these and the later missions is not too much enemy units as compared to U.S. troops. In the first six missions, the fight was more balanced, at least it seemed to me that that way.

Edited by tom3kb

I will check on that issues and see that I get it more balanced.

Mission 7 sledgehammer

You will have a much better chance to gain higher ground. Try to find a spot from where you can oversee the airport and pick your targets. In nay case I guess I will modify it. will check dressed to kill too.

I was working on the campaign and did an awesome ingame footage of one of the missions.

46XgpMGejLA

I am currently improving the campaign and this clip is an experiment I made by implementing radio chatter ambiance sound. Obtained from a video of Glowbal during a session of the guys at 16AA. I asked his permission to extract and modify it. the Session was held on Lingor on the 12 OCT. Unfortunately the recording I made would fit better into a jungle scenario. In the clean take you can hear very clearly the lingor jungle ambiance which comes with Lingor by default. But this is just small experiment. During editing using the clean version first. It did not properly fit on this Zargabad scenario. So I decided to edit the clean file and add a lot of distortion to it. The voices are not clearly distinguishable anymore just to reduce and distract the listner from the jungle sounds. It is still clearly audible if someone pays attention to. In any case this is just an eperiment for me to implement a radio chatter background ambiance on this mission. And it creates a great atmoshere. IMHO.

Thanks Glowbal and thanks to all 16AA guys.

Version 1.1 is in progress fixed a lot of things other still to be fixed.

stay tuned

ArmA crashes with 'error in campaign structure' when trying to start this campaign :confused::(

I am getting the same thing? What is the fix?

@MrKilroy

Can you write here name of mission after this is hapend-nettrucker will know what to fix.

You may fix this in 3 ways.

1. Wait for next version of this campaign.

2. Use cheat "campaign" in campaign menu and start playing 1st or 2nd mission after that crash.

3. Unpbo campaign, check description.ext in main campaign folder and fix the "structure" by yourself.

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Ps: if you have this crash wenn you start this campaign before 1st mission. Download campaign from another mirror maybe campaign file/or zip file was broken.

I am getting the same thing? What is the fix?

Please send me the error message you are getting. I'm having no problems with the campaign.ext.

Thanks

The Message I get is "error in campaign structure" and CTD, when ever I start the campaign.

I will try some of the stuff tom3kb suggested.

Thanks!

Do you run any mods? are running as admin or have you created another profile?

I have never received any error messages concerning probs in the campaign structure in the ext. so therefore it's going to be a bit hard for me to understand what's wrong.

@up

Hi probably du somthing wrong or maybe put *.pbo in wrong place i never have problems with starting your campaign. I even check description.ext but i dont see anything wrong.

I think it extracted to it's own folder. I copied that and pasted it the right folder. I have two Hammer of Thor's listed. One will work correctly now. Thanks for your help guys!

Hi MrKilroy

glad you got it to work now. Just to make sure. The Hammer of Thor pbo must be copied in your main ArmA CO campaigns folder. If you don't have one you must create it.

Be aware that this is the first version which has quite some flaws. I've received feedback and I'm improving the campaign currently. Lot's of stuff I've fixed already. But there's still a lot of work to do. Furthermore in this version are missing 2 missions. My bad.

cheers

Hi nettrucker its me again :)

New feedback.

Mission 8: Dressed to kill.

I dont find any bugs but i must use endmission cheat to end. I play this mission few times and always enemy kill all my squads, destroy all tanks. In the end im alone and i see ~30 enemy soldiers and im not even in the city :) maybe i have very bad luck.

Mission 9: Cleansweap.

Wenn we go to point ACE1 i have in screen white text: the general has been killed, that strange becose nothing alse was hapend no mission failed no task canceled or failed. Task with ACE1 was sucessed i have green square in briefing. So i play and we attack ACE 2, we clean that sector task was acomplissed. Then i go to that house where should i found general in sector ACE3, i have new task go to general villa north-west from Zargabad. I check all houses in ACE3 sector but task was not finished-no green square in briefing. Then i go to that generals villa. Wenn i was close to that building i see red info about task ACE3 im not sure but "Ace 3 was not cleaned from enemys or something like that (but no square in briefing-green or red or canceled.). I walk to that villa and i kill few enemy soldier i have new text that general has escaped. And after that text mission completed butt... mission dont end and i dont have green/red square or canceled task in briefing with task about that general house/house. Sorry for this wall of text but i wanted to describe it as precisely as i can.

Ps: Maybe you should put waypoints for all tanks not so close to that villa they all was blocked on that road close to generals house. Maybe put them in few places not all in one place.

Edited by tom3kb

Hi tom

thanks for given further feedback. what strikes me really odd is that OPFOR is completely outgunned in that mission. I've played it several times and I never was alone in the end. to end this mission all enemies hidden in the houses must be killed. In any case I will try and have a look at the balance, of this mission but as I said before I have not one single time had any problems to finish the mission.

Cleansweep: I also noticed that there was something wrong how the objectives turn out and some messages. I gotta rework that one a little bit. Making slow progress but I'm improving a lot of things. Currently working on Black night. So basically 1/3 of the work is done in improving and ironing out bugs.

Thanks for your reply. For being honest I hadn't had the time to check your campaign yet. Sorry for that. I'll give feedback as soon as I can.

In mission 8: i run from that city to place where we start and i see all my tanks was very quick destroyed, all my apc-s was destroyed when we go <200 m from enemy positions. I think that takistani soldiers have this 1 time great luck :). Sometimes in the missions just may happen that the enemy manages to finish all of our soldiers. Such a random accident, i saw it a few times in couple of missions. It seemed that ai had a stroke of genius this time. Maybe later i will restart this mission and i will see if i end it with no problems but first i want to end your campaign.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

When it comes to my campaign, so far i dont have any posts with info about bugs/errors :) so i think all should by be ok ;) but its only couple days from relaese so everything can change in the future :)

Mission 10:Silverspoon.

1. In briefing, section->enemy forces wenn you click on first "here" for AA nothing happens, link dont move map to that point.

2. Charlie squad dont join the attack, all tanks, inantry and apc from that Charlie company go to marker "CHARLIE" and they stay there for the end of mission.

3. I destroy all AA and all tanks but i dont have any message (radio from HQ or task info) that this two tasks are accomplished, so i attack enemy camp. I thought that maybe after we size that camp all tasks will be finished and in briefing i will green squares. But wenn i clear the enemy base i see text mission accomplished and mission ends, but in briefing task status dont change, no green squres wenn task is completed.

Mission 11: Black gold.

In briefing in sections: freindly forces, markers "dont move the map", dont center on marker position wenn i click on this link in briefing. In Enemy forces section wenn i click on Nango marker nothings happens to.

1. first task Size Hazar Bagh, all team attack this city im not sure but i think you give them waypoint find and destroy, they search this city and stop (most groups after searching of the enemy was stopped near the crossroad) but few enemies are in houses in 039056 and o40056 (south part of Hazar Bagh). First i was thinking something is wrong, maybe bug and im started searching all houses. After few minutes i heard gun shot and i run to that 039056 i found couple of enemies wenn i killed them all was ok, mission continues. Maybe you can give 1 team waypoint to this part of city that player dont have search whole city for 1 or 2 enemies.

Next two tasks finished with no problems, all 3 tasks have green square in briefing after there are accomplished. Mission ends with no problems.

Ps: In all night missions ai (us soldiers) automatically turn on the flashlight on weapons, is this normal solution by bis or did you use a script because im not sure of that. And I do not know if there is a script that soldiers who have on weapons laser sights, they turn them at night. I wonder if it would look cool as you can seen in nvg at night all these lasers on. Maybe it would be too much (you have large noumber of soldiers in all missions).

Edited by tom3kb

I just finnised this campaign, great work but .. i found few more bugs.

Mission12: Last obstacle.

I clear the base and mission ends. I have green square in brifieng (task: destroy artillery and clear the base.) I see text mmission accomplished but i dont have green square in task destroy AA guns. I dont know if i have to end this task to end mission, or this is secundary task and i dont have to destroy AA battery end this mission will end.

In few sectors for example 020051 and 021051 you put 1,2 or 3 mortars in one place :), one on another.

Mission 13: Warpig.

First i was thinking that something is wrong and mission will by failed. I get task info that "tank platoon" was anihilated. And i dont know what to do load the game or what ;). But i run to that place where that tank was destroyed and mission ends with no problems.

Maybe you should add a radio message that even if we dont rescue that tank platoon we should secure that sector or something like that for player info, he will now for sure what to do.

In couple of places on the map i saw black marker dots for example 039041,040041, i dont think they are needed for somthing.

Maybe you can add few airplane/tanks/vehicles on that airfield where we start the mission for a better atmosphere. :)

Mission14: Last stand

Couple black mare dots on the map.

We cleared the palace (green square in task section in briefing, and i captured the general-green square in task section) but mission dont end even if i kill general. I think that we kill every enemy soldier in zargabad :) but mission dont end.

Two missing missions in description.ext, i think that you already know about this:

Roadblock and Paybeck is a bitch.

In campaign description.ext you have two small mistakes after Dressed to kill the next mission should be Roadblock not Cleansweep. and after Lostobstacle should by Payback is the bitch and you jump to Last obstackle. Little mistake with end1 = mission name.

Missions Roadblock and Payback is a bitch are only folders not Roadblock.zargabad and Paybackisabitch.zargabad.

I unpbo your campaign and i played in these two missions in editor.

Roadblock: maybe you should add a hint for player (radio message or hint in briefing) that after player destroy all, he must wait for hummve, first i want to load saved game becose i was thinking that something is wrong, but i wait few moments and after that hummve come to roadblock, mission end with no problem.

Payback is a bitch: only in this mission i was really happy that i have scoped m240 :) (ps: i dont like to play as machinegunner ;) ). You put one group of russian soldier, that group with bmp 3. Mission ends with no problems.

Summary:

This is great infantry campaign, with many cutscens and nice storyline. Nice that we are not squad commander. We are not figthing alone, we have always infantry/air or armored support. Mission tasks are realistic. Nice loading screens.

I never thought that someone can make such a big (reasonable) campaign only around the city of Zargabad :)

Campaign minuses: nothing big, few bugs in missions or in briefings. Two missing missions :). Seraching enemy in houses in 1 or 2 missions is sometimes a little boring and long, but that's my subjective feeling.

Nettrucker wenn you release next updated version i will play this campaign for sure one or few more times. Great work, thanks for this campaign.

Edited by tom3kb

Hello tom

thanks for you extensive feedback I have everything duly noted and will fix and improve things in the next version. I'm at a pretty good point on mission 08 Roadblock. The fact that US soldiers switch their light on is a default thing of BIS. The soldiers with the searchlight on their weapon will use it in night conditions. I don't know if there's a code snippet to prevent this from happening so that they don't switch the light on. I'll gonna have a pretty long weekend ahead of me which I will definitely use to go ahead with the fixing of all problems. Your feed back was really precious. Thank you.:D

I've just started to play this campaign constantly and the most annoying things which should be removed somehow, in my opinion, are:

<><> too long cutscenes with too much ongoing infantry/air/armor units combat - it would be much better to let player experience everything and only orientate on expressing dialogs, what main characters have in mind;

<><> lots of static enemy infantry inside buildings - it's really annoying to search for them and makes the whole mission even more unrealistic;

<><> of course, the aspect of optimization should be considered, because I've experienced huge lag momentally (unplayable conditions...). I know it depends on specific user system's capabilities, but maybe there is a great work-around to improve overall stability.

That would be everything I wanted to mention so far. Keep doing a good work!

Hi Inlesco thanks for the feedback. I gonna bear that in mind and consider your suggestions.

I'm still bug fixing and improving things . . . still a lot of work to do.

Unfortunately there are quite a lot of buildings to clear in this campaign.:)

Thanks for playing and your feedback.

@Inlesco

For me long and many cutscens is one of best things in this campaign. Even if we see only combat in that cutscene. I remember ofp cwc and resistance have many cutscens in campaigns and that was great way to tell the story.

In Harvest red and Operation Arrowhead we have only not to good intro, outro and somthimes in mission short cutscene from first person perspective. For me cutscens in arma 2 are hmm... not the best :). And if someone make so many of them for campaign its really great. Making one big mission like those in this campaign takes a very long time. But making big and long cutscene take even more time :). Setting of all units, setting of shots, its a lot of work, more then making the mission. So like i wrote before for me it is one of the biggest pluses of this campaign (that the author wanted to do so many of cutscens for this campaign, even if we see only combat).

Edited by tom3kb

tom3kb,

My idea probably wasn't described correctly. Yes, I do agree with you that lots of cutscenes makes an additional cool feature in any of the campaign they're figuring in, but sometimes camera angles were too static in Hammer of Thor and it actually made me to skip them. In my opinion, a slowly flying camera over the area and demonstrating combat scenery, faster dialogues with more active cam angles should be a great improvement overall.

I understand your point considered about CWC, RES campaigns - they were great, but the scale of them was far smaller than here, so it was likely easier to capture proper cutscenes which worked flawlessly.

All in all, good luck on fixing important aspects of your work, nettrucker. I'm eagerly waiting for the final release, no matter how long it might take!

@Inlesco

Now i understand what you want to say :) and you have right. If in cutscene we have more active camera angles few cutscens will be more dynamic, more cool. But in battle where ai can act different any time, if we use more dynamic cam you have bigger chance to see walls or house not the battle. Its hard to control ai in battle and i think with static cam its easier for missionmaker to make combat cutscene.

Edited by tom3kb

Hi all

just updated the first post with the new release version 1.1. This version is a lot more polished than the previous one, thanks to the feedback I received from all who have played and tested. The changelog can be found in the op.

cheers. :)

Great :) in last few days I was thinking, wenn v1.1 be released and now here it is :).