Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

[Camp-SP] ArmA CO - Hammer of Thor

i noticed that your campaign has a multiplayer option. is it MP compatible, or did you forget to disable that option?

if its a mistake be sure to disable it, as multiplayer mission selection screens get clogged with campaign missions that have no MP capability

hi

it should be only single player and it was surely not on purpose. Can you enlighten me on how to disable the multiplayer compatibility?

Thanks for any advice which is very much appreciated.

In read me i see "Sp campaign" so for me all is clear. :)

Just some suggestions/ideas:

+ use column formation for convoys

+ place at least 1-2 vehicles with MG/Mk19 (= vehicles with weapon/guns) in front + back of the convoy

+ drivers should get out of their trucks too

+ AI radio chatter is buggy can hear them over engine/combat noise

+ use -showScriptErrors parameter to see errors ingame

Thanks for the advice NoRailgunner i'll try to fix these issues.

cheers

In mission 1.Welcome to takistan

I have 1 script error maybe occurred only once by accident for me:

Size 'section/' not in array. i press continoue and all was ok :) Edit: After short test on arma 2 co with no addons/mods this error does not occur. But im not 100% sure that he not occur later in mission, maybe im lucky now :)

In mission 2. Sperhead:

-what are that few black marker dots north from Target building 2, maybe you forget to delete few markers,

-70% of my team lies at the first marker, they dont attack, only me and 2-3 ai from my team attack the buldings and the villiage (and all others theams). I heard giving orders by commander to my team but only a few individuals and i go to attack, the rest was at the first marker, maybe a strange bug that occurred either ai is blocked on something i dont know. Or maybe it was ai commander decision to wait :).

-im not sure but i think that AAN news in cutscene before mission Spearhead are wrong. I read that

we took the Shabaz and now we attack that airfield, but we attack Shabaz in that mission, and airfield is attacked by planes/helicopters in the cutscene after a mission or im wrong

-pity that we can not use the enemy mortars, they can only be dismantle, i like use artillery computer :D

In mission 3. On the hot spot. I see possible 2 little bugs:

in briefing task : Recon further east and Fall back to the Fop they dont have green square in brifing (task completed), but on map when I went to both places markers made from red->green, but mission end with no problem

In mission 4. Hammer of thor

Wenn mission starts I have 1 script error:

Size 'section/' not in array. i press continoue and all was ok :) Edit: After short test on arma 2 co with no addons/mods this error does not occur. But im not 100% sure that he not occur later in mission, maybe im lucky now

Mission ends with no problems

Mission 5. Op.Ghost rider.

Size 'section/' not in array. i press continoue and all was ok :) Edit: After short test on arma 2 co with no addons/mods this error does not occur. But im not 100% sure that he not occur later in mission, maybe im lucky now

So far i really like this campaign:

-its infantry campaign not special forces campaign,

-we dont fight alone, there are always other squads,

-nice cutscens, and there are many of them, at least at the beginning of this campaign :),

-we're not the commander of the squad, not in all missions,

Ps: I personally do not like to play as a soldier with MG (and as soon as i see the opportunity i change m240 for something else ) but it is a favorite role of my brother so hi will like your campaign, very much.

Edited by tom3kb

Well, good campaign with good ambient, but bad fps, I can only get 15fps in some scenes.(my gigs: 2500K@4.5G+HD6970)

In mission 1.Welcome to takistan

I have 1 script error maybe occurred only once by accident for me:

Size 'section/' not in array. i press continoue and all was ok :)

In mission 2. Sperhead:

-what are that few black marker dots north from Target building 2, maybe you forget to delete few markers,

-70% of my team lies at the first marker, they dont attack, only me and 2-3 ai from my team attack the buldings and the villiage (and all others theams). I heard giving orders by commander to my team but only a few individuals and i go to attack, the rest was at the first marker, maybe a strange bug that occurred either ai is blocked on something i dont know. Or maybe it was ai commander decision to wait :).

-im not sure but i think that AAN news in cutscene before mission Spearhead are wrong. I read that

we took the Shabaz and now we attack that airfield, but we attack Shabaz in that mission, and airfield is attacked by planes/helicopters in the cutscene after a mission or im wrong

-pity that we can not use the enemy mortars, they can only be dismantle, i like use artillery computer :D

In mission 3. On the hot spot. I see possible 2 little bugs:

in briefing task : Recon further east and Fall back to the Fop they dont have green square in brifing (task completed), but on map when I went to both places markers made from red->green, but mission end with no problem

In mission 4. Hammer of thor

Mission ends with no problems

Mission 5. Op.Ghost rider.

So far i really like this campaign:

-its infantry campaign not special forces campaign,

-we dont fight alone, there are always other squads,

-nice cutscens, and there are many of them, at least at the beginning of this campaign :),

-we're not the commander of the squad, not in all missions,

Ps: I personally do not like to play as a soldier with MG (and as soon as i see the opportunity i change m240 for something else ) but it is a favorite role of my brother so hi will like your campaign, very much.

Hi Tom thanks for keeping testing . . . your feedback is very much appreciated.

Size 'section/' not in array

Don't have any clue what that means

This is something I don't experience at all. I must admit that I don't have show script errors enabled. I gonna recheck every mission with show script error enabled in order to fix these bugs.

Spearhead

black dot markers have been fixed. Well it seems that AI is stuck in Danger mode. I experienced it myself but for being honest I don't know how to fix that issue. It seems that once they go in danger mode it takes 'em ages to get out.

If anyone has a solution to this problem I'm open for any suggestion.:D

Spearhead AAN cutscene

The AAN custcene is the outrowin of Spearhead that you get to see after you have completed the mission and you conquered Shabaz.

On the hot spot: I check the tasks once again.

I realize that there is still alot to improve.

Well, good campaign with good ambient, but bad fps, I can only get 15fps in some scenes.(my gigs: 2500K@4.5G+HD6970)

Yeah I have to improve some missions and optimize them somehow. It happens mostly to me when the whole "shebang" is rolling all together. Close air support heavy armor units and ground forces are all moving together and FPS drops significantly in some missions. I'm running a Dualcore low end so mind me.LOL:D

Anyway i'll optimize the missions concerned.

Thanks for the reply.

I run this campaign with few mods/addons runing -cba,jsrs,blastcore and many more and maybe its some conflict with those addons but you made this campaign on vanila game. So there should be no conflicts. I run later few missions on clean arma 2 co and i see if that "size sections" pop up. If not its my addons that make this error and that no problem with your campaign :)

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I dont have show script errors on.

This errors shows in arma 2 window like if you play campaigns made by sick1 and you dont have all weapons from rh weapons pack if you know what i mean.

Hi tom

Yeah I designed the missions without using any usermade addons and I'm getting no error messages. during editing I was launching the game always as combined operations. Are you running CO or only Arrowhead?

Still al lot of work to do . . . gotta recheck every mission with show script error enabled.

Should have edited right away with it. I will remove some combat ambience and radio sounds and replace them.

Im running always arma 2 CO.

I like that radio sounds and combat ambience in your missions :)

I now think that this script error will be somthing wrong on my side, if i have right sorry for trouble. I will write later about my test on clean arma 2 co.

Thanks for testing and helping me to improve the campaign. I already have a huge to do list. Before the next upgrade. Unfortunately it already weighs about 203 MB and it will get more heavy during the next modificatons. Therefore I would rather avvoid doing every week a new upload. The campaign will be improved as much as I can time permitting naturally. I'm already aware of certain issues thanks to your feedback.

I'm going back editing now.

Ok, i was checked the first 4 missions on arma 2 CO v1.59 with no addons (short test-few minutes). and i dont have this script error "Size 'section/' not in array.". So it was probably fault of my addons making some script conflicts ?

Sorry for trouble nettrucker, but to be sure you may check your missions with show script errors enabled as you said.

hi

it should be only single player and it was surely not on purpose. Can you enlighten me on how to disable the multiplayer compatibility?

Thanks for any advice which is very much appreciated.

in the campaign description.ext under campagin class add in disableMP=true

name = "Hammer of Thor";

firstBattle = chapter1;

disableMP = true;

im pretty sure that's how its done :) if that's wrong hopefully some one can correct it

I also have a little feedback on mission 2.currently, it wont end. i have destroyed the ammo cache and have cleared the town, but the waypoint wont be satisfied. i am guessing there is just one dude sitting in a corner somewhere praying we dont find him, but i have been through each house at least 2 times over trying to figure it out (and been shot 7 times in the process). i have even taken to grabbing the enemies weapons and firing wildly in the air as to grab the AIs attention so he will shoot me, and i can come back and get him.

additionally, the players squad has movement waypoints to the center of each target building. unfortunately this severely slows down the progress of the mission as your freinds will have cleared each building and moved on by the time your squad finally shows up. also when the squad reached the final building before moving on to the town, thye just stayed there for over 10 min. (freindly forces had mostly cleared the town before my squad even reached the house). wile they were stuck, i just moved to the town to destroy the ammo and clear the houses, and eventually they just became unstuck and moved to the next waypoint behind me.

final note, i dont like that "radio loop" that will play through out the mission. it is extremely loud, and very jarring to go from silence to LOUD RADIOOOO then back to silence.

@That guy

For sure you dont found all enemy soldiers check out the roofs on few houses to ;). I search all the houses 2-3 times and finally i kill all of them and mission ends. Few are in the corners of fences in backyards and somtime its hard to see them. This mission ends for sure its only hard to find all enemies.

@nettrucker

Mission 5. Operation Ghost rider.

Mission finished with no problems. i found only 2 little bugs in briefing wenn i was playing.

1.Task: Clear 2nd target building. This task dont link with marker on map, you can see somthing like that in briefing: name='tgb1'>target2.

2. Task: Clear East Yarum. Marker Zulu change color very fast to green wenn US forces go to that town. But task was acomplished wenn we kill all enemies in few houses. And that yellow circle wenn task in briefing is active was in bad place. Not in that marker, it was 6km south-east from that city in lower left corner of map.

Little sugestion: maybe you can add some house patrol script for enemy units in houses. Now in most of cases they stand in one place. Its easy to kill them. Wenn i play Sa0k Chasing grimm reaper v1.6 i saw the enemy soldiers go from 1 to 2nd floor also went out over the rooftops. Fighting with them was very fun, he must use some good script for that :).

On the other hand I'm not sure if such scripts will not break structure of your mission. It is possible that some problems could occur with the tasks, if the soldier from house go somewhare. I do not know whether these scripts work on all units on the map, or you can add them only to specific units. It's just an idea and im not sure if that is possible in your mission :)

Edited by tom3kb

Great campaign so far :)

especially the cutscenes are well made, very cinematic.

If you could get the performance tweaked a bit in the missions with 100+ AI that would be nice, too.

Edited by @ST

Hi to all

thanks for all your feedback i've posted an update in the OP of what I've done so far and what is still to be done. I'am fixing every bug you guys are pointing out and consider every opinion and suggestion you made. It takes me a bit of time to catch up with all bug fixes. I'm sorry for the lag problems . . . some missions are suffering from poor perfomance. My bad. Thanks to SaOk for helping me improve this aspect and giving me some precious info on how to solve things on that matter in question.

Reducing quantity of units would definitely improve FPS, but it would change drastically the overall feel it has right now. Well to change this I've gotta overhaul the mission design . . . I guess . . . and figure out to achieve the missions means without sacrificing performance. That's a hell of a task to me.:D

Still lot's of work to do. :bounce3:

Hello nettrucker,

today i´ve made a preview about your Sp-campaign! The result is a 10 and thumb up! :)

It´s in german, but if you want have a look!

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=582&entries=0#post3773

It took me twelf hours, with little breaks, of hard fight to finished your 15 missions and i could repeat it instantly cause the campaign is wonderful designed and brings a lot of fun! What a campaign...my congrats to you and my deep respect!

Thanks a lot for your effort!

Keep up your good work!!

Best regards

McLupo

Edited by McLupo

Hi McLupo

thanks a bunch for your very nice preview. You are overgenerous. I'm glad you liked the campaign and had fun playing it. I'm currently improving things and fixing bugs.

the hardest part of mission design is when the player is not in command. There are still flaws and performance issues I need to fix. i'm working on it

Here are still some projects that I hope to finish 1 day

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=122556

It's the least developed for being honest and would need a total overhaul too. Now I'm concentrating on improving this one and I would like to get it voiced if possible. doing it by myself would be my last ressort but not impossible.

@nettruceker

I remember wenn you start that thread about "abendoned projects" and 2,5 month later you release imho 1 of the best infantry campaign for arma 2. I think next one you make/finish will be great :) to, i cant wait to play your next campaign :), even if i dont finished yet this one.I know you want first to update this and make it the best you can. So i be patient and i will wait :)

Edited by tom3kb

@nettrucker

Mission 6: black night.

No bugs or errors, mission ends with no problem for me.

First 20 minutes really good fun, last 10 minutes little boring-serching all houses in Yuran is a little tiring. To many buildings to check ;). But another v.good night mission

Mission 7: Sledgehammer. Its not finished yet, i end that mission tomorrow.

But i see little bug in briefing.

Task: clear the third target building. Marker turn from red->green, but in briefing we dont have green square that we have finished that task.

More feedback tomorrow. :)

Edited by tom3kb

Hi tom

Thanks for your extensive testing . . . it has been of immense help to me. I'm currently checking every mission controlling for script errors and naturally fixing the bugs which have been pointed out.

Mission 6: Black Night

I see what I can do to fix this issue, maybe I remove some enemies in the houses and reduce the overall quantity of hidden units.

Mission 7 Sledgehammer

I'll check the tasks and see what's wrong.

I have also noted that there's a mission missing in the campaign. McLupo from arma2base.de has played the campaign and he took a final screen shot of the mission list and I saw that 1 mission was missing. I need to fix that too.

Well the next release will be a major update for sure. Sorry if I'm slow to fix these bugs but given the big size of the campaign I would rather avvoid doing too much uploads.

Furthermore I want to thank McLupo from arm2base.de for having me invited for a small talk on their forum which you can read here.

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=594

Now back to bug fixing.

@up

I like to 1 or 2 big updates with many fixed bugs not small updates fixing 1or2 bugs in missions. And then few days later you will have to make another update and another becose someone found something new. You dont have to rush with that update i think, that better fix almost all with 1 big patch.

Edited by tom3kb

Yeah I'm currently adding the M240 ammo to the vehicles in order to have the player well supplied with ammo. I gonna do that for all missions. That was just one suggestion I've got. I'll keep you updated.